Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners Tonneau cover, caps, racks, canopies, shells, etc.SPONSORED BY:
Click Here

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-30-2012, 03:59 PM
New User
Garage is empty, add now

iflyrc5 is starting off with a positive reputation.
My LineX dealer in Indianapolis quoted me $420 for the standard black in a F150 longbed.
Old 03-30-2012, 04:04 PM
Elder User
Garage is empty, add now

TruckDaddy is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iflyrc5 View Post
My LineX dealer in Indianapolis quoted me $420 for the standard black in a F150 longbed.
That's a very good price for a long bed.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:20 PM
Posting Guru
Garage is empty, add now

Aftrmidnite is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I picked up a pallet of lime and told the fork lift operator not to push the pallet in, just set it in the bed. Well he needlessly pushed it and tore the LineX. LineX repaired the damage, and they sprayed where I had penetrated the LineX with wiring for lights and a power point. I removed these items myself, after he said he'd respray there. All for no charge. At my work they have vans sprayed that do cooling tower service, so they won't rust out from the chemicals. This is a different dealer and they do an excellent job.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:06 PM
Senior User
1974 Ford F-250

koolchange has a good reputation on FTE.koolchange has a good reputation on FTE.
I put LineX on my 2002 Tundra 10 years ago. I use a truck like a truck is meant to be used. I have hauled 2 fifty Five Gallon Barrels of Glue on a pallet and yep they slid it in. I can pressure wash it and with the exception of minimal color fade the stuff looks brand new. As soon as I am done Resto Moding the 74 I will have it done with the LineX. Jus Sayin.

Kyle's 74 CS
Old 05-02-2012, 12:36 PM
Senior User
Garage is empty, add now

btred1466 is starting off with a positive reputation.
My 2004 Ford F350 Super Duty had a Rhino bed liner in it when I bought the truck. Looks to be thick but had scratches in it when I got the truck. I put a couple in it when I hauled my scrap metal to the scrap yard. I would definitly have a bedliner like this one but there are no rhino dealers near me. Linex has a dealer in Canton off Perry Drive across Terry's Tire Town and have heard great things about them and what they install.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:56 AM
Senior User
2006 Ford F-250

billbot is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Didn't read the whole thread but based on my experience with linex this does not sound like your installer did it correctly. It should not be bunching up like that. What I suggest doing is put a rubber mat in your bed. They work great for keeping things from sliding around and its extra protection against gouges. Also, I have found purple power works awesome to clean linex. You might give that a try on a little patch, I've only used it for black linex.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:29 PM
Posting Legend
2005 Ford F-250

BPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputation
Guess you didn't read even HIS post. He doesn't have a Linex, he has a Rhino. Actually btred, Rhino is supposed to be warrantied against that, but only from the dealer that did it. Linex is warrantied from any Linex dealer in the country.

2007 Arctic Fox 30' Fifth Wheel
2012 VW Passat SE TDI - SG-II (An ALL-DIESEL family)
Old 05-09-2012, 04:05 PM
Senior User
2006 Ford F-250

billbot is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I thought the OP had linex
Old 06-07-2012, 12:02 PM
Junior User
Garage is empty, add now

grende7581 is starting off with a positive reputation.
My Line-X experience was mixed. I had a '08 SD SB sprayed in '08 with standard black.

CON: I had asked that they Line-X the tailgate step, to replace the grip tape. The salesmen seemed like a great guy and in true salesmen fashion said no problem and would include it the cost in the price ($450). When I returned to pickup the truck, they had not Line-X'd the step. He said bring it back and we'll take care of it. Something like we ran out of time, blah blah blah.
I set up an appointment to finish the Line-Xing of the step. blah blah blah.... it was too much of a pain in the @$$, he told me. Lesson; salesmen are salesmen. Get it in writing, otherwise I would have followed up Line-X customer service.

PRO: I loaded 3K lbs of tile on pallets. They repositioned the load with forklift and absolutely no marks or scratches. I been very impressed with the quality.

Last edited by grende7581; 06-08-2012 at 04:16 PM. Reason: color, typo
Old 10-13-2012, 11:50 PM
Postmaster
2000 Ford F-250
My Garage

BigPigDaddy is a splendid one to beholdBigPigDaddy is a splendid one to beholdBigPigDaddy is a splendid one to beholdBigPigDaddy is a splendid one to beholdBigPigDaddy is a splendid one to beholdBigPigDaddy is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbossman View Post
If you read their web site, it actually says multiple times that it is tougher, and offers more protection, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbossman View Post
He said he would talk to corporate to see if he could get the website changed as it is not an accurate representation of Xtra's capabilities.
As of today they still say Xtra is even tougher than standard LineX.

2000 F250 V10 5-SPD 4X4 Crew w/ 5-Star SCT X3
1949 F1 - (WORK IN PROGRESS THREAD)

Old 10-13-2012, 11:50 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners

Tags
advice, chip, clothing, color, f150, ford, line, matching, paint, picture, plano, powered, repair, texas, truck, vbulletin