Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Expedition & Navigator 1997 - 2002 and 2003 - 2006 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-27-2011, 11:20 PM
New User

Marcos_M is starting off with a positive reputation.
1999 Expedition Liftgate Glass Will Not Open

Hello all. Let me begin by saying that I have seen the search box and I understand many people have had similar problems. However, I haven't yet seen anyone with my problem or a solution that would work for my problem.

My problem is that the lift-gate glass will not open. The entire door opens just fine and locks and unlocks as expected, but when i turn the handle to open the window, it turns but nothing happens. I don't hear anything engage, the **** just turns. I understand that the solution to these problems usually involve removing the trim panel from the rear door. I also know that to do that, I need to remove two screws that are behind the glass. Therein lies my problem. I can't remove the trim panel because i cant open my glass. So my question to you all REALLY is

Is there any other way to get the glass open or to get access to these screws? Is it possible to jimmy the window open from inside or some other method of opening the window?

Thanks in advance,
Marcos
Old 12-28-2011, 04:09 PM
Post Fiend

alloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to all
I think those screws are for the weatherstripping, not the trim. You should be able to remove the trim without opening the glass or the entire rear hatch for that matter.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:46 AM
New User

Marcos_M is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'll have to try when I get back to the states.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:46 AM