Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

7.3 PSD Swap Project into 2005 V10 Excursion

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 02:11 AM
809taino
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I might be interested in the carpet if it's in good shape. When you get a chance snap a few pics. If you take it out i will also need the floor plastics that hold it down around the doors and any others that help it stay down. I know your gonna be busy but when you take it out im not sure if you can weigh it so I can estimate shipping. I don't need the insulation panels that helps with sound proofing as it weighs alot and i can just use mine. So just the carpet with padding and all the floor plastics. Your price will also help.

Old 12-28-2011, 02:14 AM
809taino
Elder User
Originally Posted by Sunline Fan
Finally, after another half hour of uploading, here's another video I took, a walk-around with it in high idle. Sounds much better here after it started to warm up.

******** width="400" height="224" ><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.facebook.com/v/2435769582078" /><embed src="http://www.facebook.com/v/2435769582078" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="400" height="224"></embed>*********>
I cant see the video. It says something about it not being public and that It's private.

Old 12-28-2011, 02:19 AM
Sunline Fan
Excursion Fleet Manager
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Oh ok. I'll fix that.

Old 12-28-2011, 02:21 AM
Sunline Fan
Excursion Fleet Manager
Try it now...

Old 12-28-2011, 02:25 AM
AdirondEx
Temporarily Deactivated
Got it, it's visible now. Good luck with your project.

Old 12-28-2011, 02:26 AM
Sunline Fan
Excursion Fleet Manager
Originally Posted by 809taino
I might be interested in the carpet if it's in good shape. When you get a chance snap a few pics. If you take it out i will also need the floor plastics that hold it down around the doors and any others that help it stay down. I know your gonna be busy but when you take it out im not sure if you can weigh it so I can estimate shipping. I don't need the insulation panels that helps with sound proofing as it weighs alot and i can just use mine. So just the carpet with padding and all the floor plastics. Your price will also help.
So far the carpet looks really good. Dirty from the dirt that came inside, but it can be cleaned for sure. I didn't see any problem areas in either row or the back.

Interestingly, the floor mats were all missing except the driver's one. So that area was kept more protected.

I'll try to get some pics to show it well. I'll send you a PM with that later. My goal is to get the interior stripped in the next week or so. This way I can get full access to all the engine wiring when the time comes.

Old 12-28-2011, 02:28 AM
Sunline Fan
Excursion Fleet Manager
There's also a video of the first start up above. I fixed the privacy on that too.

Old 12-28-2011, 08:49 AM
jwronski
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know you are getting hit up on parts already but I would be interested in the driver's seat(depending on condition and price) and the spare tire cover if it has one. I am close by in MI (Coldwater area). Thanks and have fun with the project.

Old 12-28-2011, 09:33 AM
hasteranger
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
The salvage title may be a problem depending on what you want to do with it. I registered a salvage vehicle and they will only give you a salvage "certificate" which basically says the car was salvage and you are the legal owner. You then have to fix whatever is wrong with it (enough to meet your state's code) and get it inspected and then your state's dmv inspector will approve it and issue you a reconstructed title. Thats how it worked here.

at first I was thinking this would be a hard swap but since you were lucky enough to find another excursion as a donor maybe everything will bolt/wire in.

Old 12-28-2011, 09:46 AM
airjeff
Senior User
I don't think the title will be a problem, he's parting out the truck with the salvage title and putting the engine in the '05. So there is no reason he'd ever drive the totaled vehicle again, I'm sure he'll sell the leftovers for scrap.

This will be fun to watch!

Old 12-28-2011, 11:04 AM
hasteranger
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I dunno, he said he needed to get it titled in his name, so I was letting him know what he may be in for should that be a necessity.

Old 12-28-2011, 11:41 AM
809taino
Elder User
Originally Posted by airjeff
I don't think the title will be a problem, he's parting out the truck with the salvage title and putting the engine in the '05. So there is no reason he'd ever drive the totaled vehicle again, I'm sure he'll sell the leftovers for scrap.

This will be fun to watch!
Some one can buy the chassis to stretch theirs and make a six door dully conversion. ,.. I'm sure he can even cut out rear fenders and large areas for someone who may want to fix a large damage area. You ever seen a school of Piranas go to work on a piece of meat? Their wont me much to scrap.

Old 12-28-2011, 02:23 PM
Sunline Fan
Excursion Fleet Manager
Hi All,

I realized I forgot to get back to some of you with PMs last night. Sorry about that. I had a lot in my inbox already plus trying to get these posts written, all on top of being exhausted. My grandparents had plans to have company over today, so we weren't planning to work on it until maybe this evening, so I slept in.

I just got off the phone with IAA. After she looked up the stock number and went to talk with someone else, she came back and said the DMV screwed up. They indeed processed it as a clear title, so I just need to mail this back to them and they'll fix it for free.

I may be going out there this afternoon to pull some more parts, but we'll see.

Jon

Old 12-28-2011, 04:23 PM
Sunline Fan
Excursion Fleet Manager
I guess I won't be going this afternoon, but I'll go this evening. At this point, may as well just wait until after dinner.

I do have a question for all you 7.3 guys. If you watch the videos, there's a noise when I first turn the key on and continues when it's running. I'm not sure what it is, but it's annoying. It seems to be coming from the lower dash area. It's both in the startup video and again in the walk-around when I stick the camera inside the front door.

Here's the kicker, whether in park, drive, or reverse (and I assume any other gear), whenever I step on the brake some (enough that like the brake lights come on, so a little bit of pressure), the noise goes away.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jon

Old 12-28-2011, 04:36 PM
809taino
Elder User
Originally Posted by Sunline Fan

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jon
I noticed that sound last night too. I was thinking you already knew what it was. It sounds from the video like the fan blade is hitting something... Hope is not major. Have you popped the hood and checked with a flash light?

Quick Reply: 7.3 PSD Swap Project into 2005 V10 Excursion