Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-27-2011, 09:15 AM
Post Fiend

Pocket has a brilliant futurePocket has a brilliant futurePocket has a brilliant futurePocket has a brilliant futurePocket has a brilliant futurePocket has a brilliant futurePocket has a brilliant futurePocket has a brilliant futurePocket has a brilliant futurePocket has a brilliant futurePocket has a brilliant future
C1095 - ABS Pump Motor Circuit Failure

This is the code that has come up on my truck, and keeping the ABS light illuminated. It came on a few weeks ago. Wife said she was driving, someone cut her off, and she had to slam on the brakes... resulting in the light popping up and staying on.

Anywho, brakes seem to work fine. I recently replaced the pads and rotors, but I can't get the light to go away. Not sure if it's an actual pump failure, or if it's just an electronic/sensor failure.

Any tips?
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the Colorado diesel community.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:45 AM
ain't wrapped tight

clux has a superb reputationclux has a superb reputationclux has a superb reputationclux has a superb reputationclux has a superb reputationclux has a superb reputationclux has a superb reputationclux has a superb reputationclux has a superb reputationclux has a superb reputationclux has a superb reputation
An ABS motor failure won't affect normal braking, just the anti-lock feature won't work.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:55 AM
aka Redneck Wrencher

mueckster has a spectacular reputation.mueckster has a spectacular reputation.mueckster has a spectacular reputation.mueckster has a spectacular reputation.mueckster has a spectacular reputation.mueckster has a spectacular reputation.mueckster has a spectacular reputation.mueckster has a spectacular reputation.mueckster has a spectacular reputation.mueckster has a spectacular reputation.mueckster has a spectacular reputation.
Roland Mueck
Here are the pin point tests for that code.
Anti- lock Brake PINPOINT TEST J.pdf
'01 F-250 Lariat CC SB 4x4, DP Tuner F6 (live tuned), AFE II w/ Pete's Cover, GTP38R w/ RR billet whl & cross drilled 1.0, 6.0 Techni-cooler, Full Force SS Injectors, Stealth HPOP, Fluidampr, Melling M-208, Walbro FP, mueckster Reg Return & Bowl delete, Comp Cams 910's, mueckster 4R100, 4" SS MBRP, 6.0 Trans Cooler, Truetrac rear ...SOLD...
Old 12-27-2011, 10:05 AM
Support FTE

PaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputation
Curtis,

This s a strange one. Don't understand why slamming on the brakes would cause ABS problems, but:

Did you check Fuse 25 10A Mni and Fuse 602 60A Maxi?

There must be an electrical connector that goes to the ABS module. Somethng has to operate the solenoids for the propostioning valves.
Reseat that sucker.
I can't find the ABS module wiring on any diagrams.

I wonder if by "Hydraulic pump" they are referring to the PS pump for the hydroboost.

Edit: Clux and Roland beat be to it while I was going on and on.

Here's some info Roland posted about ABS sensors.

Front ABS Sensor Ohm reading across the Sensor End connection

4x2 F250/350: 2,000-4,000 ohms

4x2 F450/550: 650-800 ohms

4x4 F250/550: 650-800 ohms

Rear ABS Sensor (VSS) Ohm Readings

All: 800-3,500 ohms

Wish I could be more specific, but like you, I have never seen that code before.

Clux and Roland beatme to it while I was
Old 12-27-2011, 10:10 AM
Posting Guru

nissandoc is a name known to allnissandoc is a name known to allnissandoc is a name known to allnissandoc is a name known to allnissandoc is a name known to allnissandoc is a name known to all
Looks like if the code returns after clearing it then you just have to replace the abs unit. Probably a sticking valve/actuator inside. I would try an adjustment with a BFH before I replaced it.

Or supply direct power to the pump circuit and see if it runs.

2002 F250
Old 12-28-2011, 06:46 AM
Post Fiend

Pocket has a brilliant futurePocket has a brilliant futurePocket has a brilliant futurePocket has a brilliant futurePocket has a brilliant futurePocket has a brilliant futurePocket has a brilliant futurePocket has a brilliant futurePocket has a brilliant futurePocket has a brilliant futurePocket has a brilliant future
Some really good info here guys. Thanks! I appreciate it.

Now to find the time to actually try diagnosing and fixing the problem.....
478hp/851tq on Haller's dyno - 7/28/12
Your connection to the Colorado diesel community.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:46 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
1095, 2000, 2001, abs, c1095, circuit, code, f150, failure, fault, ford, hydraulic, motor, pump, ranger, taurus, trbl