1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

What's your winter project for this year?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 05:32 AM
FortyNiner
Logistics Pro
Received 290 Likes on 168 Posts
Coupla tings...OK, more than a couple...

Water pump, fuel pump, new fuel line, clean/seal gas tank, paint some parts, recover seat, clean radiator, rewire turn signals, harvest parts from donor truck, start the body work...humm, better get going now that the days are growing longer!

Old 12-22-2011, 06:48 AM
wallster
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm pretty tapped out in the money department so I decided to sell my Harley and use the money to install a heidt's crossmember/ coil suspension/power steering kit. I still wanted a bike for occational rides so I bought this 2000 Honda VT1100 (I found it about 120 miles from home) that was previously laid-down. I thoroughly cleaned and polished the bike from top to bottom, then I replaced the damaged exhaust system, the damaged front right directional, the torn passengers backrest, the scraped up headlight bezel, the broken left passengers foot peg, and repainted the front fender. I also installed the new saddlebags, headlight visor, and added a few Honda vinyl emblems (on the side covers, I made them at work). This switch-a-roo should free up enough for the mustang II kit and four new tires.

Wally

1951 F1 - "Lucille"

Old 12-22-2011, 05:09 PM
dogshadow
New User
Depending on work, if I have time, I want to get the ifs and the irs under the frame of the old 53.

Old 12-22-2011, 06:02 PM
turnrjr
Laughing Gas

Received 65 Likes on 33 Posts
It depends on who you ask. My better half says a remodeled bathroom. I'm still adapting the steering stock column to the toyota steering box and same for the three in the tree shifter.

Old 12-22-2011, 06:22 PM
birdman1
Elder User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Trying to get into the shop and get the '48 F1 fired up. have a 350 in it and have to get a radiator to fit the brackets, not sure what my options are
Mike

Old 12-24-2011, 12:32 PM
maverickman514
Senior User
I want to get all the metal work done on the cab of my chopped 56. Going in two weeks to pick up my new-to-me OEM tinted windshield (Thanks again, Kevin) then finding someone in the area that actually knows how to cut the glass down and get the windshield fitted... after the top-secret dash mods are finished.
If the cab gets done, then we will customize the fenders and see if we cant get it looking like a complete truck... Then wiring and all the little things.

And at some point (soon) stretch and hardtail my 75 Yamaha XS650 and get it back up and running.

Old 12-24-2011, 06:05 PM
rhopper
Fleet Mechanic

Going to work on the interior, upholstering door panels and doing a headliner. I need to get the under dash portion of the ac and heat installed. It gets cold here.

Old 12-24-2011, 06:18 PM
56panelford
FTE Legend
Received 4,132 Likes on 2,656 Posts
I'll be finishing up the paint on the inside and installing my new motor and wiring everything up. Hopefully be starting it in the spring

Old 12-24-2011, 10:10 PM
Jeff and Nicolle
Logistics Pro
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by wallster
I'm pretty tapped out in the money department so I decided to sell my Harley and use the money to install a heidt's crossmember/ coil suspension/power steering kit. I still wanted a bike for occational rides so I bought this 2000 Honda VT1100 (I found it about 120 miles from home) that was previously laid-down. I thoroughly cleaned and polished the bike from top to bottom, then I replaced the damaged exhaust system, the damaged front right directional, the torn passengers backrest, the scraped up headlight bezel, the broken left passengers foot peg, and repainted the front fender. I also installed the new saddlebags, headlight visor, and added a few Honda vinyl emblems (on the side covers, I made them at work). This switch-a-roo should free up enough for the mustang II kit and four new tires.

Wally

1951 F1 - "Lucille"

Ok wallster, maybe I am a little OCD but...the wing on the Honda Decal is flying backwards....I know...I know...not trying to be offensive, I promise!
It's just that you did such a great job on the bike and the truck, and even the trick photography! (the limo thing, with the pool in the bed!)
Ok I will shut up now.....LOL! Happy Holidays!

Old 12-24-2011, 10:14 PM
Jeff and Nicolle
Logistics Pro
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
I will be selling some other toys to fund the truck!
I love these old sleds, but I can't have everything....

Attached Images   
Old 12-25-2011, 03:29 AM
lexcoe
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Finally going to start on the new frame for my COE, been waiting for a chance for too LONG now. Actually getting some components laser cut at the moment.
Merry Christmas to everyone on FTE. John

Old 12-25-2011, 07:28 AM
thomc
More Turbo
Received 55 Likes on 24 Posts
I am going to make my 56 F100 a better daily driver. It now has a 68 472 Caddy & 400 trans. I had planned to replace the Caddy with a 302 Ford that I have. However, I just bought a 500 Caddy & 400 trans so I 'm thinking now about just replacing the 472 with the 500. I believe that the 472 needs a valve job.I have a spare 425 Caddy. I might use the 425 heads on the 472 after getting the valves ground on the 425 heads.I will save the 472 for another project.
I will c-notch the F100 frame and move the rearend above the springs so the truck will then be low & level. It has a volare ifs already installed.
I will have to install wipers on the truck, too.I'm thinking that I"ll buy one of the aftermarket kits that includes the motor, switch , and wiring.
The truck has the original red paint with a (red) repaint over the original. I plan to strip it and repaint it red. I think I will use tractor paint from Tractor Supply and "flatten" it to a low gloss.
The original radiator leaks. Does anyone know what model Dodge truck radiator is a bolt-in replacement?
Merry Christmas.

Old 12-25-2011, 08:23 AM
GreatNorthWoods
Lead Driver
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Sit in my lazy-boy, keep warm, and watch the snow fly. Perhaps, think of what I want to do on my 49 come spring...

Old 12-25-2011, 10:31 AM
wallster
Elder User
Originally Posted by Jeff and Nicolle
Ok wallster, maybe I am a little OCD but...the wing on the Honda Decal is flying backwards....I know...I know...not trying to be offensive, I promise!
It's just that you did such a great job on the bike and the truck, and even the trick photography! (the limo thing, with the pool in the bed!)
Ok I will shut up now.....LOL! Happy Holidays!
No offense taken. I thought about reversing the wings but I don't think I've ever seen them face the other way (and technically it follows the side cover lines pretty well) but maybe I'll make one the other way and stick it on. It's ironic you're selling the sleds because i bought one from a friend about a month or so ago but ended up selling it for more and gave him the profit. That might be a good thread, "what have you sold to fund your truck project". Thanks for the heads up and I hope your Christmas is going great!

Wally

1951 F1 - "Lucille"

Old 12-25-2011, 01:09 PM
fatfenders56
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I just made my 10th annual new years resolution to put my 56 on the road, so I'll be working on that, hopefully not until the end of 2012

Quick Reply: What's your winter project for this year?