Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Aftermarket Products
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-17-2011, 03:52 PM
New User

JonFord150 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Bought the TailgateSpotter

I saw the post on here about the TailgateSpotter. I tried finding review on it but no luck so I decided to post a review and tell you my thoughts

First impressions, Not going to lie kind of cool. It is really slim, quality looks good, and HOLLY **** that magnet is really really strong. If you get the magnet within 2 inches of any piece of metal it will rip from your hands and grab onto that object.

There is a "security hook" it seems to hold. I think if someone wants to rip it off of your tailgate, they must be a cheap ***, and if you pull really had I think it will mess up the whole device before the "security device" gives up.

I used it for two days now. I can say once you have it on there you get used to looking for it. I have not left my tailgate down by accident, if you were going to ask me that. Haha

I did try using it for backing up my truck to my trailer. I moved the TailgateSpotter on the back of my tailgate in line with my tailgate hitch and backed up my truck. I will be dam if it didn't get me dead center to the trailer. I was a few feet away from it but I was directly in line.

It works for me,
Old 12-17-2011, 03:52 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Aftermarket Products