Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-16-2011, 10:26 PM
Junior User

83FordPdx is starting off with a positive reputation.
No low beams

2000 f250 has no low beams but the high beams still work. Both sides are doing it? Is this a relay problem?
Old 12-17-2011, 10:01 AM
Elder User

FireMe has a very good reputation on FTE.FireMe has a very good reputation on FTE.FireMe has a very good reputation on FTE.FireMe has a very good reputation on FTE.
No relay on that circuit. You have already checked the fuses hopefully? Check for power on the red/yellow wire going into the multifunction switch, and on the red/black coming out and going to the low beam headlights. If you have power going in and not coming out, it is the multifunction switch.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:20 AM
Junior User

Do the low beams have a separate fuse from the highs?
Old 12-17-2011, 12:12 PM
MMNC (SS)

Tylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputation
yes, you should have 4 fuses if your 00 is like my 06. 1 fuse for each light on low and high...at a minimum you'll have 2 fuses

even if the fuse looks good, pop a new fuse into the spot and try the lights. they don't always look blown
Old 12-17-2011, 06:27 PM
Junior User

Ok I found a total of 4 fuses. 2 for low beam ( 1 each side ) and 1 for multi switch headlamp and 1 for high beams. All fuses are good. I don't have a way to check the power on the switch. I am in Alaska visiting and he does not have to many tools. The runnin lamps work but no lows.
Old 12-18-2011, 12:14 AM
Elder User

FireMe has a very good reputation on FTE.FireMe has a very good reputation on FTE.FireMe has a very good reputation on FTE.FireMe has a very good reputation on FTE.
Well unless you have an extra parts truck with you and just want to start throwing parts at it, you are going to have to do some diagnosis. Doesn't matter that the park lights work, completely different circuit.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:25 PM
Junior User

Fixed: I did a little more searching and it seems others have had similar issues. And several of those cases turned out to be the low on the lamps burning out at the same time. Which is what he told me. He got in his truck to leave for work turned on his lights and they flashed and went out. Anyways it turned out both lows were dead. Got new lamps and they are fine now.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:25 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty

Tags
2006, 2008, 99, beam, beams, duty, f250, f350, f450, ford, low, relay, super, superduty, working