Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Ranger & B-Series
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series modelsSPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-28-2011, 01:03 PM
Posting Guru

racsan is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.racsan is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
heres a video, at about 1:30 a woman is in it, puts down her safty glasses, turns wipers on, pops the hood then puts it in gear and casually pulls off the mfg floor. id have done a smoky burnout all the way out the door! lol.
The Last Ford Ranger.mp4 - YouTube
i think ford gave the ranger the axe in order to keep the F150 as the "best selling..yada yada yada.." and thought ranger loyalists would just move up to a F150. well , i wont. the ranger platform fits me better and im content with it. there will be plenty on the used market for a few years, i'll just keep rebuilding mine. whats ford going to do stupid next? kill the mustang, or make it a fwd?
http://www.therangerstation.com/foru...d.php?t=148057
Old 12-28-2011, 01:15 PM
Senior User

4x484150 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.4x484150 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by racsan View Post
. whats ford going to do stupid next? kill the mustang, or make it a fwd?
Back in the mid 80's ford almost did just that- replace the mustang with a fwd car. And people complained. Just wish people had done the same for the ranger.
Old 12-28-2011, 02:27 PM
New User

CodeRed07 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I believe Ford made a big mistake!! OK I have reasons because I worked at that plant for 17 years. It was a very emotional day. I had the job right after the rolltest job- headlight aim. Which they did'nt show in that clip. Anyway please don't feel bad. Most of us are going back to school or getting retrained in work related areas. I know it sucks but what do you do??

I believe Ford made about $5000 per Ranger. They killed a money maker. From day one since I worked there, Ford has never updated this truck. I was pissed every year thinking that something great would change, either the look or the engines. It really never did. The German 4.0 is'nt bad. Gas mileage not so good.

Remember when the t.v. show Baywatch? I'm sure you do. That was an exciting time! That right there caused a lot of work for us. Overtime!! Now when did you ever see a Ranger in movies or t.v. since Baywatch? I can't recall.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:07 PM
Senior User

OldBlueOvalDude is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hope you find a new and better job, CodeRed07. Both my 1973 Camper Special and 2001 Ranger SC XLT rolled off of that line- thank you to all of the fine folks at the Highland Park St. Paul Assembly Plant for building me two great trucks. If memory serves me correctly, this is also the last of the Kahn designed Ford plants in operation. These buildings and their "open" (given construction techniques of the day) floor plans were an essential ingredient in Ford's early pioneering of mass production. It is a very nice looking building and it's too bad that it is to be tore down and it's 130 prime acres offered up for development. Seems to me that an assembly plant putting together vehicles with an efficiency factor of about 3 man-hours per vehicle better than average would be an asset to Ford. But what do I know-I thought Ford being the last man standing and completely owning the compact market would ensure the Ranger's viability. Good luck to all 800 of you and again, thank you!
Old 01-04-2012, 11:10 AM
Freshman User

shovelmike is starting off with a positive reputation.
The best to you

I wish you all the best, CodeRed, I am finally retired from Ford as electrical inspector in the truck trim shop at Kansas City Assembly Plant. I also went through transfer, retraining etc. and ended up making more money than before.
I believe that lady plant manager was at KC in the past, they move those people all over the country.....makes me glad I didn't get the management job I once wished (and qualified myself) for.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:43 PM
Posting Guru

Onus is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Anybody hear about the mines under this plant. That will be fun for someone to find under their house some day. Ford could have made this a really good truck it just needed some updates.
1990 F-250HD 2wd 7.3idi e4od 3.55s. Custom 360k 'The Carpathia' Daily driver.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:58 PM
Posting Guru

99F150 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onus View Post
Anybody hear about the mines under this plant. That will be fun for someone to find under their house some day. Ford could have made this a really good truck it just needed some updates.
Ford mined silica for the glass plant for many years. If you do a search you will find a site about kids that broke into the tunnels and posted pictures.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:04 PM
Freshman User

shovelmike is starting off with a positive reputation.
The mines

I never heard of the mines up there under your plant. We have extensive limestone caves (man made) here, not under the plant as far as I know, but just a few miles away under the Worlds of Fun theme park and other areas. They are used for warehouses and some manufacturing, as well as a paintball field.
Unfortunately some people here don't find out about the mine below them until it collapses into a sink hole. My daughter took some geology in college and says that is a known hazard, natural caves, she learned, are composed of a lot of granite, which is much stronger.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:33 PM
Freshman User

Someformofhuman is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelmike View Post
I never heard of the mines up there under your plant. We have extensive limestone caves (man made) here, not under the plant as far as I know, but just a few miles away under the Worlds of Fun theme park and other areas. They are used for warehouses and some manufacturing, as well as a paintball field.
Unfortunately some people here don't find out about the mine below them until it collapses into a sink hole. My daughter took some geology in college and says that is a known hazard, natural caves, she learned, are composed of a lot of granite, which is much stronger.
Miscellany - Action Squad: Minneapolis Urban Adventurers

Did some searching and found this. I was scared just reading their stories. Going into the tunnels is only thought about in dreams. These guys were the first ones I believe.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:54 AM
Postmaster

camperspecial65 has a good reputation on FTE.camperspecial65 has a good reputation on FTE.camperspecial65 has a good reputation on FTE.
CodeERed and shovelmike...thanks for the time and hours and love...and everything else that you have put into the trucks...I love my 91 with its tired...but still trucking and unopened 289K 3.0...I have a question though about some of the grease pencil markings and buck tags...PM me or post your emails and i can reply...
The biggest problem fwiw with my 91 is the infamous peeling...great primer though...thats held up to the elements great :-)

- cs65
Old 01-07-2012, 12:43 AM
New User

Guest user is starting off with a positive reputation.
I must admit that several of us that own Rangers are quite dumbfounded at Fords decision to halt the production of the Ranger. The Ranger is without doubt the best selling truck in the state of Hawaii! I realize that Hawaii isn't the biggest state, but there sure are a lot of Rangers running around. So...now what are we supposed to do for a truck? Buy an impossible to work on F 150? That is just not going to happen!
Good going Ford, here's one less customer! Yeah I know, the suits at the helm of Ford could care less what I think.

Mahalo to all that did such an upstanding job! Aloha.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:43 AM