Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Arkansas Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: tojoski

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-14-2011, 07:37 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.
Talking Another Arkansan found us: F250W6.0

Welcome to the chapter: F250W6.0

Hopefully the guys up in NWA can get that 6.0 lined out for ya.

- My Garage -

Arkansas Chapter Leader - Join Here
Old 12-14-2011, 09:20 PM
Senior User

F250W6.0 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks for the welcome Joe .I am glad you were able to respond so fast, Zack told me you were very busy. Zack was here at the house today and he feels sure he has located the problem. I do not have much wrench time so I am going to hire the work done I am now in the process of looking into what parts I need to throw at it. Zack feels sure that it is the heads (Yea me) Good news is that now I can justify putting the ARP studs in LOL. I am needing sugggestions as to what else but I am not able to throw a lot of $ so I need to pick wisely.Thanks so much to everyone ...AND a BIG IOU one to Zack......
Old 12-15-2011, 08:11 AM
Postmaster

zhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to all
Welcome to the funny farm, no one bites. But we're all up on our shots just in case something goes wrong.

Finally, another 6.0L driver has joined the site. Get a couple more and we'll give those trash talking 7.3L owners a run for their money.
2004 F250 6.0L 2WD CC "Pavement Princess"
2007 Monaco Starwood SL 31BHD
2012 Focus SEL (Wife's ride)
Old 12-15-2011, 09:09 AM
Senior User

jgoodman6891 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Welcome & look, another 6.0.no. Starting to think you getting lonely Zack.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:24 AM
Senior User

Good morning !!!!Zack I found a local shop to do the work for the heads will cost $1400 labor plus parts, I told tham I would bring it in Monday.Thanks so very much for your help. Now I gotta figure out what things I am going to upgrade etc. I know when I get it back I am installing monitors like you showed me, as well as block htr. cord, blue spring, coolant filter. I feel these are essentials.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:40 AM
Senior User

$1400 just in labor..... dear god I need to work on newer Ford trucks rather than just little side jobs here & there.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:30 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhilton View Post
Finally, another 6.0L driver has joined the site. Get a couple more and we'll give those trash talking 7.3L owners a run for their money.
Funny you mention "run for your money" when we're talkin $1400 in labor alone in here...

- My Garage -

Arkansas Chapter Leader - Join Here
Old 12-15-2011, 08:18 PM
Diesel Junky

mechmagcn has a good reputation on FTE.mechmagcn has a good reputation on FTE.mechmagcn has a good reputation on FTE.
Welcome
Another "poor" soul with a 6 oh-no.... if you're not poor, it will make you that way

1953 F100 PU "Someday"

Lincoln Town Car front clip

5 cyl Mercedes turbo diesel/auto

It Runs! It Even Moves!
Old 12-15-2011, 09:12 PM
Postmaster

zhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to all
And here comes one of my infamous multi-quote replies....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoodman6891 View Post
Welcome & look, another 6.0.no. Starting to think you getting lonely Zack.
If you only knew how much time I spend by myself. No pitty party, just the facts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by F250W6.0 View Post
Good morning !!!!Zack
Morning/evening Harry, hope the fog wasn't too bad up your way. Was patchy when I headed north this morning.
Quote:
Now I gotta figure out what things I am going to upgrade etc. I know when I get it back I am installing monitors like you showed me, as well as block htr. cord, blue spring, coolant filter. I feel these are essentials.
There is a term for what your going through...PMS = Powerstroke Mod Syndrome; some cases have known to get expensive...just ask our fearless leader about his case of it. Unless you like analog gauges, you could get a ScanGauge II at either Amazon or AutoZone (goes for about $160). It will read real time data (oil & coolant temperature, voltage, RPM and etc). It will read codes, but can't dianose weak injectors. Allot of guys in the 6.0L forum like it because they can pull their own codes (will show up as a P#####). But if your like me, nothing beats analog information.
Quote:
$1400 just in labor..... dear god I need to work on newer Ford trucks rather than just little side jobs here & there.
You don't want to do that. You'll end up buying specialized tools that only work on PSD. And once you start that, you'll want 'em all...more $$$$ out of pocket.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tojoski View Post
Funny you mention "run for your money" when we're talkin $1400 in labor alone in here...
Professional shop, not shade tree...which is do-able if you have the time. I do not, doing good to keep up with what I've got. Anyone want to track down a power steering leak on a '02 Honda Odyssey?????
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechmagcn View Post
Another "poor" soul with a 6 oh-no.... if you're not poor, it will make you that way
Don't scare the poor guy off, at least he isn't driving a 6.4L or one of those Berlin boat anchors Yeah, I went there!
Old 12-16-2011, 11:25 AM
Senior User

Oh Man Zack these guys are hard on a 6.0 guy.....I am only sorry I did not come in with a running truck but, I'm in it for the long haul anyway. And I do not want to talk any trash, I'll just haul it away.LOL But first gotta get the truck going..........O My
Old 12-16-2011, 12:19 PM
Diesel Junky

mechmagcn has a good reputation on FTE.mechmagcn has a good reputation on FTE.mechmagcn has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
...... these guys are hard on a 6.0 guy.....
Not just a 6.0 .... I don't care for any PSD, give me an IDI any day

1953 F100 PU "Someday"

Lincoln Town Car front clip

5 cyl Mercedes turbo diesel/auto

It Runs! It Even Moves!
Old 12-16-2011, 01:12 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechmagcn View Post
Not just a 6.0 .... I don't care for any PSD, give me an IDI any day
Im actually with jeff here. Im out of that ******* (going fast all the time) stage & love how simple the IDIs are. Just wish I had several more for my other trucks. Ive hauled 1 load with my 1ton & it handled it great. It wasnt running as good as its running now but ran out great.

As long as it says Ford on the title & steering wheel Im happy.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:51 PM
Postmaster

Quote:
Im actually with jeff here. Im out of that ******* (going fast all the time) stage & love how simple the IDIs are.
Yeah, their simple alright. Light one off and you don't need a battery or alternator to keep 'em running. I'll give y'all that much. But I like have the power to pull a trailer that weighs TWICE the truck and still stay with traffic. Like I've said for a while now...living with an IDI truck is like living with a ugly woman, hopefully she can cook. Now living with a PSD (especially the 6.0L) it's like living with a supermodel; she might be high maintenance but when your out on the town there's a grin from ear to ear. I'll keep my PSD and get twice the work done.
Old 12-17-2011, 05:42 AM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhilton View Post
Yeah, their simple alright. Light one off and you don't need a battery or alternator to keep 'em running. I'll give y'all that much. But I like have the power to pull a trailer that weighs TWICE the truck and still stay with traffic. Like I've said for a while now...living with an IDI truck is like living with a ugly woman, hopefully she can cook. Now living with a PSD (especially the 6.0L) it's like living with a supermodel; she might be high maintenance but when your out on the town there's a grin from ear to ear. I'll keep my PSD and get twice the work done.

Then there is also that PSD/hot woman issue of some dude always trying to get a piece of it & loosing it.
Old 12-20-2011, 02:50 AM
Post Fiend

BigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud of
Welcome, glad Zack is getting you lined out, never met him, but he seems like a great guy keeping the brotherhood of PSD owners alive.

As for the 6.0 vs 7.3 vs whatever. I love them all, but I would have to admit although I would not be scared of personally owning a 6.0 they can be quite pricey in the repair department. Best of luck on the repairs, where in NWA are you located? Never mind, Rudy I saw in your other posts.

Alan 2000 F-350 CC SRW 4WD, DIY FRx, DIY CCK, Tyrant Tuning, BTS Trans, SpringerPop's Disabler, 6637 Filter, OCR, DIY Hutch Mod, Van Turbo w/RR 6/6 billet wheel, Foil Delete, 50Cent Mod, 4" Turbo back, other stuff...297,000 Miles and counting.Towing 2005 32' Sandpiper 5'er 2007 CC SRW 4WD 6.0 mostly stock
Member Arkansas Chapter
Old 12-20-2011, 02:50 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Arkansas Chapter