Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1957 - 1960 F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1957 - 1960 F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Box Style Ford Trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-14-2011, 02:13 PM
Freshman User

Free55 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Sold my blazer, lets work on the fridge!

Ok guys, so I sold my blazer which means I'm riding my bike. Now I have a few bucks to update the old fridge. Has anyone here used the CPP front disc conversion kit and engine mounts? I have a 302 that's going in the truck.

Also I've read and seen tons of pics regarding the tank relocation. But I've only seen one pic of the actual bed on the truck. Has anyone done the gas filler behind the license plate? I kind of miss that from the giant car I use to drive back in the day. I do intend to use the 22 gal. mustang tank.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:19 PM
Post Fiend

spurredon has a great reputation on FTE.spurredon has a great reputation on FTE.spurredon has a great reputation on FTE.spurredon has a great reputation on FTE.spurredon has a great reputation on FTE.spurredon has a great reputation on FTE.
You Darksiders are gonna have to help this fella out. I can't help him with a ten foot "NOS", pole!
Old 12-14-2011, 08:18 PM
Postmaster

GB SISSON has a great reputation on FTE.GB SISSON has a great reputation on FTE.GB SISSON has a great reputation on FTE.GB SISSON has a great reputation on FTE.GB SISSON has a great reputation on FTE.
But I have to admit the flip down license plate on my dad's '65 impala was way cool......... Oh, and put a piece of heavy wall steel tubing aft of the tank so you don't re-invent the pinto!
'92 F350 4x4 dual wheel service truck. 7.3 with headers and glass packs. 5 sp man tran. 255 85 16 Toyos. 110,000 miles. '59 F350 9' flareside new project, cummins 6at turbo diesel, sm 465 4 spd. 255 85 16s again, 37 ford 1 1/2 ton stake with 53 flathead V8. 65 toyota landcruiser fj 45 longbed pickup. 54 GMC 3/4 ton flatbed w/ cummins 6at, '68 BSA 441 Victor Special, bone stock, Antique tractors and one lung flywheel engines .....
Old 12-14-2011, 09:06 PM
Gone But Not Forgotten

ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB SISSON View Post
........ Oh, and put a piece of heavy wall steel tubing aft of the tank so you don't re-invent the pinto!
Oh, the horror.......
Anthony...Hey Kevin....Silly Boy...Hey John...Hey Dan... WOW! OYE!...OH
CRAP...just for giggles...GREAT JOB...Nice Work Tard!...takes a "womans
touch"...TeeHee...you jerks."
Old 12-14-2011, 10:57 PM
Postmaster

GB SISSON has a great reputation on FTE.GB SISSON has a great reputation on FTE.GB SISSON has a great reputation on FTE.GB SISSON has a great reputation on FTE.GB SISSON has a great reputation on FTE.
The horror of the firey crash, or the flip down license plate?
'92 F350 4x4 dual wheel service truck. 7.3 with headers and glass packs. 5 sp man tran. 255 85 16 Toyos. 110,000 miles. '59 F350 9' flareside new project, cummins 6at turbo diesel, sm 465 4 spd. 255 85 16s again, 37 ford 1 1/2 ton stake with 53 flathead V8. 65 toyota landcruiser fj 45 longbed pickup. 54 GMC 3/4 ton flatbed w/ cummins 6at, '68 BSA 441 Victor Special, bone stock, Antique tractors and one lung flywheel engines .....
Old 12-15-2011, 07:49 AM
Gone But Not Forgotten

ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.
The horror of the Pinto!
Anthony...Hey Kevin....Silly Boy...Hey John...Hey Dan... WOW! OYE!...OH
CRAP...just for giggles...GREAT JOB...Nice Work Tard!...takes a "womans
touch"...TeeHee...you jerks."
Old 12-15-2011, 02:25 PM
Freshman User

I have the heavy duty bumper which should help out. As much as I would like to keep it as much original, those front drums are not for me. Any suggestions on the brakes?
Old 12-15-2011, 06:23 PM
Post Fiend

spurredon has a great reputation on FTE.spurredon has a great reputation on FTE.spurredon has a great reputation on FTE.spurredon has a great reputation on FTE.spurredon has a great reputation on FTE.spurredon has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibuzzard View Post
The horror of the Pinto!
My buddy's son just picked up a '77 Pinto this summer. The thing "looks", cool. It is a white hatch back with red stripes. It even has the red and white theme carried thruoghout the seats and interior. It is very "Mod"! Really made me smile to look at it. However, I sure don't want to turn my good 'ol Fridge into one. Why can't people accept us for who we are?
Old 12-15-2011, 11:19 PM
Postmaster

I dont even want to go there about who 'we are'. We leave on a 300 mile family trip at 5 am in an old united states postal service stepvan with a 6.2 of all diesels over a mountain pass. we put an old couch in the back for the extra family. At 58 you think I would know better. It hasd an awesome heater. Life is indeed GOOD!
Old 12-16-2011, 12:08 AM
Posting Guru

Buzz44 has a good reputation on FTE.Buzz44 has a good reputation on FTE.
I hope it has a good heater. Its a little cool over here these days. Sounds like an interesting driver are you going to be anywhere near Spokane. I dont see that particular vehical listed in your bio of trucks. Are you delivering the mail for the USPO these days. Im betting all mailmen or women want a couch in the back of their trucks. Im thinking a fridge would be good too. Have fun over here let me know when your on the road and Ill stay off. You west siders arent known for your expertise in snow driving. Have a Merry Christmas.
2001 Ford 4x4 Explorer Sport Trac (nice but sucks on MPG its underpowered)

Vic by the way.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:54 PM
Freshman User

What's up with this forum? I thought we were to help each other? It's just a freaking gas tank. Just for the record, people die everyday in brand new fancy cars and trucks.
Old 12-16-2011, 06:28 PM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free55 View Post
What's up with this forum? I thought we were to help each other? It's just a freaking gas tank. Just for the record, people die everyday in brand new fancy cars and trucks.
This might be a bit of an over reaction! Of course folks can fix their own trucks anyway that suits them. That dosen't mean that everyone else must approve. And while we don't all enjoy custom mods, we sure can appreciate the craftmanship that goes into them. There isn't anything wrong with this forum that I can see. There has been a lot of info shared in the short time it has been it's own group. There has been a lot of discussion about lowering trucks etc... with folks getting much needed advise. Contrasting opinions on trucks and every other aspect of life is one of the things that helped make this country great.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:41 PM
Freshman User

Agreed!!!!
Old 12-19-2011, 05:15 PM
Postmaster

I also agree that we seem to get off topic sometimes. Sorry, you'll have to excuse me as I live 1/2 mile up a dirt road on the side of a mountain, 12 miles from the nearest town, on an island pretty much in the middle of nowhere. Of the few people that stop by to visit, only a handful like old trucks and of them I'd say about 100 percent of them are chevy guys. In case nobody noticed, I like to visit with old ford guys on just about any subject, just because now I can! I wish I could have been of some actual help with your brakes, but I'm and old drum brake guy and I keep them well adjusted(even if I'm not) and they have always stopped me just fine. I agree if I added a bunch of HP, I might have to upgrade my brake stuff. As for being off topic, it's an ex postal service stepvan we use for cabinet and furniture deliveries. If we'd had ANYTHING else with a back seat we'd have taken it!
Attached Images

Old 12-19-2011, 11:42 PM
Posting Guru

Buzz44 has a good reputation on FTE.Buzz44 has a good reputation on FTE.
That works tommy lift for the rear patio and an icechest. The icechest is almost as good as a refer.
2001 Ford 4x4 Explorer Sport Trac (nice but sucks on MPG its underpowered)

Vic by the way.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:42 PM