crsweet78
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by shotgun2
here what i was thinking.

two tone truck, bottom green top white.

green on all metal inside..

black dash pas.

i really like your intrument panel (you made it??)

i really like the look of a full panel on the inside of the door. ( and i am sure it reduce the noise)

the flame at the bottom pf the panel, green and white upholter???

sun visor / top liner to be black??

thought??

g
Yeah I made the gauge cluster, I have pics of how I made it in the other thread. If you want to reduce noise on your doors buy some dynamat and stick that to the center section of the door, it completely takes that tin can sound out of the door. I also have that stuff of the roof, floor, firewall and the back of the cab behind my enclosure, with sound deadening mat on top of that. Makes the cab feel super solid. It sounds like you want a pretty finished interior have you thought of kickpanels and then carrying your design from the kickpanels into the door.

Old 12-17-2011, 08:17 PM
crsweet78
Elder User
So I got passenger door panel pretty much done just need to body fill it once the glue sets up. I used gorilla glue and staples to connect my fiberglass ring to the ABS center. I love gorilla glue, best part is how it foams up and really helps fill gaps between what your gluing and it glues anything. The staples that poked through the front side I ground smooth. Ive decided Im not running door lock plungers(wanna keep the top half smooth) and Im moving the power window switches either to the console Im making or the side of the seats depending on if I like the console. Im buying power door locks with the key fob and Ill wire a lock/unlock switch either in console or driver side seat.

Old 12-17-2011, 09:09 PM
pinto_351
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Could you send me a message with how much you'd charge to wrap my dash. that looks fanatastic.

Old 12-18-2011, 11:15 AM
shotgun2
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hi.

I do realize i am not really good in visualising stuff.

can you explain to me, what the yellow stuff / panel is made of??

is that from another door??? or is it made of some other material?

i tried to find the thread with your instrument panel? can you send it to me.?

thanks

G

Old 12-18-2011, 11:42 AM
crsweet78
Elder User
that yellow ring thats molded to the shape of my door is fiberglass. I put a layer of tape on my door as a barrier and then fiberglass on top of that. Tape allows you to pop off the fiberglass mold, and then I trim the edges of my mold. If you want to see the gauges it starts on page 4 of my old interior thread.

Old 12-20-2011, 08:10 PM
crsweet78
Elder User
Door panels smoothed out and trimmed. These ones fit much better because I simplified how the clips and fiberglass ring attached to the center section. need to cut my door handle holes. Im going to buy some new polished ones to match my trim thats going on the door. Gonna get started on the center console tomorrow. Im thinking of moving my heater controls into a compartment in the console along with switches for a future dump bed(with a sliding door to hide it, Ill show how I do that.) And Keeping the stock bezel , but modifying it to fit a double din head unit(never seen anyone do that) to fit the open space in the dash. Also adding 2 more of the vents that are in my dash to the console for the heater. Still not sold on the whole console idea, Im usually not a fan of them in trucks, but I think it will look really good if I keep it really low to the floor and bring it up to the bottom of the dash. If I dont like it Ill just smash it!

Old 12-20-2011, 09:31 PM
Lox
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd love to have more details on your gauge setup and whatever air conditioning setup you have in the truck. I believe my truck is going to start making the slow journey into a street ride and these are the first two things I would like to focus on..

Old 12-20-2011, 09:43 PM
crsweet78
Elder User
A/C is stock but will more than likely be upgraded with aftermarket components. Heres info on the gauges it starts on this page https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...nterior-4.html. My truck has seen plenty of work and abuse also and is pretty much a custom restoration. Most of this stuff Im doing probably isnt practical for most people. Im just throwing ideas out there.

Old 12-21-2011, 09:33 AM
shotgun2
Senior User
it looks, good.

I think i finally figure out what you meant in the previous email.

1) tape the door.
2) lay 2 layer of fiberglass.
3) Drill the hole, thru fiberglass / tape / door for clip. all the way around.
4) insert clip.
5) fiberglass 2 more layer on top of clip.

when everything is dry, the panel is also set in with the clip, need to be carefull prior to pulling the fiberglass off.

Did i get this right.

Old 12-21-2011, 09:48 AM
crsweet78
Elder User
Put the clips into the board not into the fiberglass and dont fiberglass on top of them. Thats why I had to redo these. I did that the first time I did my panels and if a clip breaks your screwed because you cant pull it out and put in a new one. In the pictures right above my clips are on the board and thr fiberglass mold is trimmed about 3/4" infrom the edge of the board

Old 12-21-2011, 09:54 AM
shotgun2
Senior User
I see,

guess # 2.

Tape door
do fiberglass. (4 layers)

when its dry, add the center (hole already made up) plastic or light plywood?

tie the plywood to the fiberglass, then drill the door and add the clip, thru the panel and the fiberglas??

g

Old 12-21-2011, 09:59 AM
crsweet78
Elder User
Exactly. I would make it out of 1/8" plastic. Plastic wont warp and will last.

Old 12-21-2011, 10:02 AM
shotgun2
Senior User
While i was waiting for your reply.

I just lined up a door to practice on...

G

I have yet to decide if i want to hide my speaker or show them up.

I want to keep my original handle, but i will make a bigger arm rest and a little higher.

and i am changing my stereo, so i think i will put a spot for the remote into the arm rest.

G

Old 12-21-2011, 10:21 AM
crsweet78
Elder User
I like speakers hidden, unless you like the style of the grille they give you. An idea on your arm rests, you can use some sort of expanding foam, carve your shape and put a couple layers of fiberglass on that. either buy a 2 part foam or foam out of a can should work. use like an old cardboard box or something thats the rough shape of you arm rest and fill it with foam, pop the carboard off and start carving. that would probably be the easiest

Old 12-21-2011, 10:24 AM
shotgun2
Senior User
i was planning on going to the scrap yard, and find an arm rest i liked and take it.

once i have the panel done, i am going to the upholster guy, i cant do that kind of stuff.

Quick Reply: 1978 F250 Custom Interior Redone