Bronco II Ford Bronco II

wheel seal

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2003, 10:42 PM
Bronco2guy
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wheel seal

I went to replace the front inner wheel seals on my b2 today and the specified seals for my model will only fit in ONE side. I think that the person who owned the truck before me swiched the hubs out from something else (which I have no way of knowing what). The bearings are all still the same and everything else lines up but the outer rim on that seal needs to be bigger (it seals around the inside fine) as is easily inserted into the hub and can be spun with my finger or dropped out if held upside down (you get the picture). Anyway, I tried gettign the specs for how much bigger it needs to be with a micrometer but none of the parts stores seem to be able to look anything up by sizes like that and therfore aren't enthusiastic about helping me (did I meantion they are a bunch of idiots). I am wondering if any of you know of a place or a link, or SOME WAY that I could get a proper sized seal for it....otherwise I will have to replaca the whole hub.

Old 04-11-2003, 02:07 PM
matthews_56
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wheel seal

Is there any factory marking like a part number on the hub itself that can give you some sort of reference? If you can find a part number you can take the number to your local Ford dealer and have them look it up for you, or you can do a google search for the part number. Other than that, good luck.

Old 04-12-2003, 11:19 PM
Bronco2guy
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wheel seal

I ended up just buying a whole new rotor/hub assembly because it was only $30 brand new. My seal fits fine now and everything is back to stock. thanks for the help though.