Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Selling out... well, kinda, sorta...

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 11:46 PM
L. Ward
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Selling out... well, kinda, sorta...

Not getting rid of the F350, but just added this to the stable today... the color, options, etc I was looking at a couple years ago before I ended up picking up the Expedition.

2004 Excursion, Eddie Bauer, DVD, Quad Captains chairs, diesel, 4wd.

Old 12-13-2011, 12:10 AM
Bootlegger's Deluxe
Fleet Mechanic

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
Very nice ... my mom has an Expy but my dad really kind of wants an Excursion ...

Old 12-13-2011, 03:50 AM
TexasGuy001
Hotshot
Received 205 Likes on 165 Posts
I like it and the color is cool too.

Old 12-13-2011, 07:45 AM
L. Ward
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
True-Blue Metallic. The color shifts a hair depending on the light, sometimes picking up a slight purple tone, and other times a bit of a green tone to the blue. Never overpowering the blue though. I looked at the same basic model back in 07, was actually ready to sign the papers and drive it away, but the dealer decided at the last minute to play games, and try and get me to buy a white XLT, and not the Limited that I wanted. I had found it on the internet, talked to the dealer, explained I was putting X amount down, would pay full asking price, etc. and if he could make that deal work, I would have a friend drive me down to get it (I lived 2 hours away). But that I wasn't coming just to kick tires, haggle around or anything. If I came down I was driving it home. Got there, and first bad sign.... they changed salespersons on me (the one I was dealing with had went home for the day, knowing I was on my way down), then came the upsell, tried to put me in the other one (but its got less miles... yeah, 5000 less on a PSD big deal) need more money down, higher interest rate... I asked the sales manager if the original sales person had told him what I had said about not playing around and coming down to drive it home right then, he said yeah and started trying to upsell again.. I looked at my buddy and said "C'mon Bruce, lets go gas your truck up and go back home" and got up and walked out. Ended up buying the Expedition the next day. This time could not have been better tho. Found it online (2 hours away again) called and talked to the seller (private seller) went Sunday and looked at it, made him an offer and he countered $200 higher (which was $1500 off his asking) shook hands on the deal and went yesterday and paid him and drive it home. Matter of fact, I was low on cash in pocket and didn't have a checkbook with me when we shook hands, and he held it on a handshake til Monday when I could get back with the money, even though he had a couple others wanting to buy it.

Old 12-13-2011, 08:45 AM
guillesr
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I never understood why dealers behave the way they do...It must work in their favor most of the time or they wouldn't do it I guess.

Had a similar negative experience with a dealer several years ago and swore I'd never buy from a dealer again...Everything is private party now or I buy at auction.

Congrats on the truck! What's a diesel Excursion weigh, anyway?

Old 12-13-2011, 09:10 AM
guillesr
New User
I never understood why dealers behave the way they do...It must work in their favor most of the time or they wouldn't do it I guess.

Had a similar negative experience with a dealer several years ago and swore I'd never buy from a dealer again...Everything is private party now or I buy at auction.

Old 12-13-2011, 10:34 AM
Jaime74656
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by guillesr

sadly it does, they are paid commisson to sell certain vars or trucks, the more its worth the better off they are (some times theres other variables that affect this) so they always try (well usually) try to push you into something you don't really need or is more then what you really want to pay (IE more $$$) because to them tahts a bigger bonus at the end of the year generally, and the more they sell the higher chance they get t obe sales person of the year and that all boils down to who sells the most expencive car with the most options kinda thing...

Sadly I had one of these type of jobs before so I kinda know how it works

Old 12-13-2011, 11:30 AM
Edgethis
Lead Driver
Received 370 Likes on 280 Posts
That is a beautiful truck. I want an excursion to replace the Bronco. I wonder it it'd be feasible to make a custom removeable top.....

Old 12-13-2011, 11:58 AM
guillesr
New User
Originally Posted by Edgethis
That is a beautiful truck. I want an excursion to replace the Bronco. I wonder it it'd be feasible to make a custom removeable top.....
That would make it a heavy duty Avalanche...an Excurvalanche?!

Neat idea.