Moving to Dallas

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 03:37 PM
creich68
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moving to Dallas

Hey Guys,

Thought I'd come down here and introduce myself. I'm a soon to be graduate from an engineering university up here in Missouri and will be moving down to Dallas for a full time job. As you can guess, I'm not familiar with the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. Normally I have to helping hand of Andrew (jkidd39) to do wrenching on my truck if it needs it. Moving to a new area and having a new full time job will probably eliminate my time for wrenching and I suppose I'll have to find a shop in the Dallas area that I can trust to work on it. Do you guys have any recommendations of shops in that area? The office I will be working out of is in Irving, literally right next to the DFW airport.

Thanks for any help you might have!

Clay

Old 04-08-2013, 04:19 PM
Texas Chain Ring
Posting Guru
I know a few really good shops here in Houston but not in Dallas. It shouldn't be hard to find one, though. It's a fairly big city plus Ft. Worth is added into it's populous.

Old 04-08-2013, 07:39 PM
BobbyDiesel71
Postmaster
feel free to come down to Austin any time and visit the central Tx boys
I just moved from Midwest myself(chicago)

Old 04-08-2013, 08:45 PM
Nicmike
Veteran/Sheepdog

Received 94 Likes on 66 Posts
Welcome to Texas! If you don't have one already, the gals in Dallas will have your head spinning!

Old 04-08-2013, 08:47 PM
creich68
Tuned
Originally Posted by BobbyDiesel71
feel free to come down to Austin any time and visit the central Tx boys
I just moved from Midwest myself(chicago)
Might have to do that.

Old 04-08-2013, 08:49 PM
creich68
Tuned
Originally Posted by Nicmike
Welcome to Texas! If you don't have one already, the gals in Dallas will have your head spinning!
I go to a school where there is 1 girl for every 4 guys...and she may have a mustache. I'm looking forward to a change. We have a saying here. The odds are good but the goods are odd

Old 04-08-2013, 08:52 PM
Nicmike
Veteran/Sheepdog

Received 94 Likes on 66 Posts
LOL! I grew up in Arkansas, so I can relate. That was toooooo funny! I was in Dallas last weekend...your neck will be very sore soon.

Old 04-09-2013, 07:34 PM
sierra6
Senior User
Welcome to The Big D.
I have two shops that I have used on the East side of the Metroplex over in Rowlett.
I also work in Irving. Drop me a PM if you need some help.

Old 05-08-2013, 01:14 AM
Lubbockguy1979
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Mad matt's diesel shop is pretty popular with the dfw guys on some of the other forums. Check out north texas powerstrokes association. It is a local to the dfw area forum. Fairly tight knit group of us that have get togethers occasionally. I'm in the south dfw area mansfield/ arlington area.

Old 05-12-2013, 12:51 AM
Snuggyworm
Postmaster
Originally Posted by creich68
I go to a school where there is 1 girl for every 4 guys...and she may have a mustache. I'm looking forward to a change. We have a saying here. The odds are good but the goods are odd
good god man! i tried to save him! i tried to save him!

lol. movie quote from a star trek movie back in the day, when the klingons were trying to negotiate peace with the federation.

anyway, welcome to texas! we'll need to meet up when i get up to dallas sometime this year. not sure when. i'll let u know. my father-in-law lives there.

Old 05-28-2013, 04:01 PM
alxhockey
Freshman User
welcome to dallas! im about to graduate from college here myself. i always tell new comers to wear sunglasses frequently so that you can check out all the babes under the radar haha

i myself am new to trucks and will keep an eye out for good shops.

cheers

Old 05-28-2013, 11:21 PM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good luck on your travels - the wife has a hellacious commute from the mansfield area up to freeport Parkway just north east of the airport....

I try to make her take the tollway where the speed limit is 70 or 75 but she's against spending the few dollars !!! well, go ahead and idle in traffic for 50 minutes then

I work from home, so can be on here anytime of the day !!!

give us a shout if you're curious about what area of town you want to be in...

Old 05-29-2013, 07:48 AM
creich68
Tuned
Originally Posted by sierra6
Welcome to The Big D.
I have two shops that I have used on the East side of the Metroplex over in Rowlett.
I also work in Irving. Drop me a PM if you need some help.
Thanks for the offer. Much appreciated

Originally Posted by Lubbockguy1979
Mad matt's diesel shop is pretty popular with the dfw guys on some of the other forums. Check out north texas powerstrokes association. It is a local to the dfw area forum. Fairly tight knit group of us that have get togethers occasionally. I'm in the south dfw area mansfield/ arlington area.
I'll have to check that out. I'll be living just north of there in Grapevine

Originally Posted by jdadamsjr
Good luck on your travels - the wife has a hellacious commute from the mansfield area up to freeport Parkway just north east of the airport....

I try to make her take the tollway where the speed limit is 70 or 75 but she's against spending the few dollars !!! well, go ahead and idle in traffic for 50 minutes then

I work from home, so can be on here anytime of the day !!!

give us a shout if you're curious about what area of town you want to be in...
I was told that the construction on 114/121 would be done sometime this summer and that should ease things up a bit. Apparently the general contractor was offered a hefty bonus to get it done by July. I'll be commuting from Grapevine to Freeport pkwy right by the airport. I already have my side road route planned for my work commute to avoid the highways.

Old 06-13-2013, 09:52 PM
creich68
Tuned
I'm here to report some bad news....3 hours into my first day (Monday) that I will be moved to the Chicago area permanently. Really inconvenient after moving everything down here a week ago and realizing I REALLY like the Grapevine area. From what I know so far, I will be relocating within the next month. Sorry I didn't get to catch up with you guys.

Old 06-14-2013, 10:54 AM
Snuggyworm
Postmaster
Sorry to hear tat. Sucks tat ur being jacked around. Hope it all works out. All the best to u.

Quick Reply: Moving to Dallas