Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > Maryland Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Maryland Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: jr32560

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-11-2011, 10:00 AM
Post Fiend

tewferford has a brilliant futuretewferford has a brilliant futuretewferford has a brilliant futuretewferford has a brilliant futuretewferford has a brilliant futuretewferford has a brilliant futuretewferford has a brilliant futuretewferford has a brilliant futuretewferford has a brilliant futuretewferford has a brilliant futuretewferford has a brilliant future
Computer related question

This ones for you Bud.
I have a really good wireless printer that I cannot find the full driver update for win7. I was wondering if I can wire it into my router (yes it has a cat5 outlet) so all the other pc's in the house will see it, or will they have to have the driver installed in order to use it. I'm the only one still using XP.

Chances are,If you bought it, A truck brought it.

Old 12-11-2011, 10:03 AM
Posting Legend

BPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputation
I have XP and have a wireless printer talking with MY router. Mines an HP Photosmart Premium. Prints from my desktop AND laptop wirelessly. What printer/model you using?

2007 Arctic Fox 30' Fifth Wheel
2012 VW Passat SE TDI - SG-II (An ALL-DIESEL family)
Old 12-11-2011, 10:07 AM
Post Fiend

tewferford has a brilliant futuretewferford has a brilliant futuretewferford has a brilliant futuretewferford has a brilliant futuretewferford has a brilliant futuretewferford has a brilliant futuretewferford has a brilliant futuretewferford has a brilliant futuretewferford has a brilliant futuretewferford has a brilliant futuretewferford has a brilliant future
It's a HP6830 (photo smart)which happens to be a Wal-mart special buy. When I go to download the updated driver it is not fully there, so it will not work on Win 7.

Old 12-11-2011, 10:12 AM
Posting Legend

BPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputation
Lemme look into it.....it might be a day or so.

Old 12-11-2011, 10:13 AM
Post Fiend

Thanks, your the bestest!

Old 12-11-2011, 10:18 AM
Posting Legend

Are you SURE the printer model is HP 6830????

Old 12-11-2011, 10:29 AM
Posting Legend

OK...I found it.,,,the printer I mean. Have you seen this troubleshooting page from HP?

Wireless Printer Installation Troubleshooting | HP Support

Old 12-11-2011, 10:29 AM
Post Fiend

Yup, there lies the problem. B/c it was a wally world special buy, HP doesn't have a actual driver update for it.

Old 12-11-2011, 10:33 AM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPofMD View Post
OK...I found it.,,,the printer I mean. Have you seen this troubleshooting page from HP?

Wireless Printer Installation Troubleshooting | HP Support
It's been so long, I don't remember what I looked at. I do remember when I tried to load it in win7 it would keep coming up with an error. This is why I would like to try to plug it directly into the router, and let my Xp set it up.

Old 12-11-2011, 10:33 AM
Posting Legend

So what won't work with the printer? YOUR XP computer or NONE of them? Or just the ones with Win 7? I guess I can't grasp what your problem is....other than the driver avail for win 7.

Old 12-11-2011, 10:36 AM
Post Fiend

I guess what I'm asking is; Will the other computers with win7 recognize it through the wireless router without installing the driver on all the other pc's.

edit: It works fine with XP.

Old 12-11-2011, 10:41 AM
Posting Legend

My laptop is a Win 7 64 bit Operation System and it works fine with my wireless printer by HP. Did you try installing the software that came with the printer into your Win 7 computer (s)?

Old 12-11-2011, 10:42 AM
Posting Legend

You do NEED to have the HP software installed in all the printers you want it to print from.... BTW, my win 7 laptop is using the 32 (THIRTY-TWO Bit) software for the HP printer.

Old 12-11-2011, 10:45 AM
Post Fiend

Yes I did Bud. It was a no go. I had bought another wireless printer that works fine on all the pc's, but the other one is so much better, plus I have a dozen new cartridges, each in black and color that I would love to use up.

Old 12-11-2011, 10:46 AM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPofMD View Post
You do NEED to have the HP software installed in all the printers you want it to print from....
Okay, so I will rehunt for a new driver install. Maybe they updated it since I last looked.

Thanks Bud

Old 12-11-2011, 10:46 AM