6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Help with Upfitter switch fuses???

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 10:09 PM
jim48
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with Upfitter switch fuses???

I have my aux fuel tank pump hooked to upfitter 3. It has worked perfectly until this week. I started to transfer fuel and the aux fuel gauge and fuel pump both quit. The led on upfitter swithch 3 still illuminates, but no fuel pump. I found fuse 9 on passengers kick panel is for upfitter 3. The fuse was good. Is there another fuse somewhere for the circuit I've missed? I can trouble shoot the wiring if necessary, but it's tough to do all behind the left side underbed box and not easy to get to.

Just wondered if i've missed something simple before I go further????

Jim

Old 12-11-2011, 07:04 AM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
If I ever blow a fuse on something involved with the up fitter switches, it has always been a secondary in line fuse that came with the accessory. So, I would look for a fuse in the power wire between where the pump is connected at the source (under steering column) and the pump itself.

I know this is what you are hoping to avoid but this is how I have solved mysteries before. I am pretty sure that as long as the light on the up fitter switch is on, the fuse for that system is good.

Old 12-11-2011, 08:51 AM
jim48
Elder User
Yeah, ordinarily I would be looking for an inline fuse. However I ran all the wiring from under the back of the truck myself and connected it to the upfitter 3 wire. So, I know there is no inline fuse. It sure seemed strange everything worked great for 10 months then stopped. I guess I'll have to drop the toolbox again to get to the wiring. I'll do some voltage checking first and see if something came loose. This is what I get for wrapping and tie wrapping everything up so neatly. Darn I hate to tear back into this. The Airtex pump sure transfers the fuel quickly, that is when it has 12 volts.

Jim

Old 10-25-2014, 06:47 AM
E077528
New User
I have been trying to trouble shoot an issue with the switches not lighting up when activated therefore no power period. In this effort I have learned that the Upfitter Reley has a fuse #F44 10A which is located in the passenger side kick panel. Just guessing at a possibility.

Old 10-25-2014, 07:17 AM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by jim48
Yeah, ordinarily I would be looking for an inline fuse. However I ran all the wiring from under the back of the truck myself and connected it to the upfitter 3 wire. So, I know there is no inline fuse. It sure seemed strange everything worked great for 10 months then stopped. I guess I'll have to drop the toolbox again to get to the wiring. I'll do some voltage checking first and see if something came loose. This is what I get for wrapping and tie wrapping everything up so neatly. Darn I hate to tear back into this. The Airtex pump sure transfers the fuel quickly, that is when it has 12 volts.

Jim
the other possibility is a bad ground..

Old 10-25-2014, 02:13 PM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Sam, I do this too, but this is a 3 year old question that Jim had. I'd hope he figured it out by now.

Maybe he will let us know what happened.

Old 10-25-2014, 02:33 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Originally Posted by ruschejj
Sam, I do this too, but this is a 3 year old question that Jim had. I'd hope he figured it out by now.

Maybe he will let us know what happened.
Doah! Didn't even look at the date

Old 10-25-2014, 06:10 PM
jim48
Elder User
Wow!!! You guys are good. But, to answer the question I figured out the problem. Of course I've had several since then..........

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

GO ROYALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim

Old 10-25-2014, 07:03 PM
Brandon D
Lead Foot User
Originally Posted by jim48
Wow!!! You guys are good. But, to answer the question I figured out the problem. Of course I've had several since then..........

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

GO ROYALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim
You could at least tell us what the problem was after all this time? haha

Old 10-25-2014, 07:29 PM
69cj
Hotshot
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Don't tell us and don't come back looking for help. We like to help people but not play games.

Old 10-25-2014, 08:06 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Originally Posted by 69cj
Don't tell us and don't come back looking for help. We like to help people but not play games.
Oh please! Jim has helped me plenty. But I don't care how many times people ask, or anything else. I help them

Old 10-25-2014, 08:34 PM
Brandon D
Lead Foot User
Originally Posted by sdetweil
Oh please! Jim has helped me plenty. But I don't care how many times people ask, on anything else. I help them
Great attitude to have Sam, I share the same sentiment. Hopefully my post wasn't read in a negative way. Was just trying to have a little fun and bust his ***** a little for not telling us, haha.

Old 10-25-2014, 09:02 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Originally Posted by Brandon D
Great attitude to have Sam, I share the same sentiment. Hopefully my post wasn't read in a negative way. Was just trying to have a little fun and bust his ***** a little for not telling us, haha.
I read it that way!

Old 10-25-2014, 09:06 PM
jim48
Elder User
Hey 69cj

I hope you're kidding and I missed your humor. I'm old and to tell you the truth I don't now remember exactly what the problem was. I'm certainly not trying to play games, and I take very seriously my friends here........

Jim

Old 10-25-2014, 10:13 PM
E077528
New User
Guys sorry to pick up on an old thread. I made the comment more for anyone who researches the information at a later date. Just a newbe mistake. I will try to be more careful going forward.

Quick Reply: Help with Upfitter switch fuses???