It is not the Starter/combo relay on the fender<O</O
It is not the ignition wiring or a short <O</O
<O</O
There is no chip nor DP tuner
<O</O
<O</O
So my options are---
Get IDM replaced or Try a reflash of the PCM<O
Not sure that either would work. Like I don’t know if the PCM reflash would do anything if it was a PCM issue.<O</O
<O</O
I don’t have a spare of either and don’t have anybody that has one around here to swap with.

<O</O
I don’t have a AE scan tool.
<O</O
<OBut code shown at first was * P0603 Internal Control Module KAM Error <O</O
And then after me piddling around this one showed up as well. * P0605 Internal Control Module ROM Error
<O</O
<O</O
So after working on it again today and still no success. I ran the codes again but they are clear since I have been working with the batts disconnected.
<O</O
<O</O

What I found- slight short in trailer harness-FIXED<O</O
One BATT with a DEAD short- REPLACED<O</O
Other BATT was old but passed load testing- REPLACED and replaced all glow plugs and left GPR off<O</O
<O</O

And since I was in the valve covers I replaced all wiring harnesses.
<O</O
So currently:<O</O
At idle no issues can be detected<O</O
At 1500 slight miss<O</O
Between 1500 and 2000 its still there but more rapid<O</O
Each Injector is spitting oil.<O</O
<O</O
THOUGHTS >>>> ???
<O</O
Here is some videos<O</O

CAB

REPS TO THOSE THAT CAN GET EM AND THOSE THAT CANT- YOU KNOW THE JAIL ISSUE. LUNCH TIME NOW--

EDIT---Forgot to add--- All Dealer service departments list replace PCM for those codes. Also the IDM relay was clicking rapidly before battery change out. Swapped it. I dont have a AE or other for the buzz test

Old 12-10-2011, 12:38 PM
97-psd
Logistics Pro
Received 375 Likes on 268 Posts
I may be late to the game on this one but I would look up Ian (plgebbia) and he if he has a pcm laying around, he is very reasonable on prices and with it throughing a code and you know it is dry I would consider replacing it

Old 12-10-2011, 12:56 PM
DRRXR
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks Ben

Originally Posted by 97-psd
I may be late to the game on this one but I would look up Ian (plgebbia) and he if he has a pcm laying around, he is very reasonable on prices and with it throughing a code and you know it is dry I would consider replacing it
Much appreciated just sent him a pm.

Old 12-10-2011, 01:04 PM
fordpride
Post Fiend
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Rock before you buy a IDM I got one you can borrow I'll stick it in the mail Monday if you need me to

Old 12-10-2011, 01:11 PM
427 fordman
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 32 Posts
Rock, 605 code I've read the same thing, pcm problem or loose chip, well no chip so...jmo

603 is usually from unhooking batteries.

Old 12-10-2011, 01:14 PM
DRRXR
Post Fiend
Thumbs up THANKS MIKE!

Originally Posted by fordpride
Rock before you buy a IDM I got one you can borrow I'll stick it in the mail Monday if you need me to

Realy appreciate it Mike. I may take you up on that just to see what the heck it is. Here localy the IDM is 100 for a referb, but with Christmas on us and combined with supporting my Son and his family last month has drained my pockets quite low. Atleast they both are working again now and trying to catch up. I had to replace thier transmision last month darn I-Rodeo. New couple starting out with out much to start with. Whew.

I let you know in a day or so. To pay you back for the offer besides the rep sent. -- If you need any diagrams for your truck, let me know what you need with a pm and your email and I will see what I can do for you.

Old 12-10-2011, 01:16 PM
DRRXR
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by 427 fordman
Rock, 605 code I've read the same thing, pcm problem or loose chip, well no chip so...jmo

603 is usually from unhooking batteries.
Thanks Darin
Of course I am in Rep jail for you.

Old 12-10-2011, 02:59 PM
DIYMechanic
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I know you say it is not the CPS, but have you tried another one from Ford or IH? Call me paranoid but that's always where I start on these intermittent issues. Also, check the wiring harness to the CPS real good as well looking for a chaffed or smashed wire.

EDIT: One other thing you could try (actually you may want to do this first) would be to clean out the TPS real good with some electrical contact cleaner. If the PCM sees a change in the reading from the TPS, it may not be a miss so much as it is a flutter in the speed as the PCM is calling for it. Another way you could check this would be to take it out somewhere and set the cruise control to hold the RPM's somewhere in the range where you are seeing this issue. If it doesn't stutter or miss with the cruise on, I would take a long hard look at the TPS.

Old 12-10-2011, 03:51 PM
Action4478
Hotshot
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts
Are you due for an oil change ?

Old 12-10-2011, 03:58 PM
DRRXR
Post Fiend
THANKS NATE

Originally Posted by DIYMechanic
I know you say it is not the CPS, but have you tried another one from Ford or IH? Call me paranoid but that's always where I start on these intermittent issues. Also, check the wiring harness to the CPS real good as well looking for a chaffed or smashed wire.

EDIT: One other thing you could try (actually you may want to do this first) would be to clean out the TPS real good with some electrical contact cleaner. If the PCM sees a change in the reading from the TPS, it may not be a miss so much as it is a flutter in the speed as the PCM is calling for it. Another way you could check this would be to take it out somewhere and set the cruise control to hold the RPM's somewhere in the range where you are seeing this issue. If it doesn't stutter or miss with the cruise on, I would take a long hard look at the TPS.
NATE
Excellent call on the TPS I have not really checked it voltage wise, forgot to. Looked at it but not checked it. I would have thought that P0220 or P0221 DTC would have thrown. I also know that the pedal can get loose and cause issues I checked for that already. I will also check the IVS while I am digging around down there.

But the CPS and total circuitry there is in perfect order. Repa-doddle-do THANKS

Old 12-10-2011, 04:00 PM
DRRXR
Post Fiend
Thanks Rick

Originally Posted by Action4478
Are you due for an oil change ?
The oil was good before hand but I changed it anyhow.

I'll check if I am in jail

Edit-- yep still in jail

Old 12-10-2011, 04:44 PM
Action4478
Hotshot
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts
I have a test for the TPS , but I have to get it from my computer at work . My home puter crapped out & took all the files with it ...

Old 12-10-2011, 04:48 PM
DIYMechanic
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I know you can test the TPS with a DVOM but I would think that just driving it down the road with the cruise would be easier (unless you still have the VC's off the engine).

Rock, you don't have an AIC on the truck by chance do you?

Old 12-10-2011, 04:53 PM
DRRXR
Post Fiend
Thumbs up Thanks again Rick

Originally Posted by Action4478
I have a test for the TPS , but I have to get it from my computer at work . My home puter crapped out & took all the files with it ...
Sorry to here about the home pc. Maybe you can get it serviced and have your info pulled.

Yea I think its 1 volt or so at idle and 4 to 4.5 at WOT

Darn thing looks like new and I mean really new. I kinda doubt its the issue.

I am leaning more on the PCM opening the ground path on the IDM either from its on fault or a Inj fault. Strange thing is there is no frequency to it. Only noticable at 1500 to 2000 and I dont want to run over 2000 since the VC are still off. Splatters start at 2000.

But I am sure it would still do it above 2000

Old 12-10-2011, 04:58 PM
DRRXR
Post Fiend
Obliged Nate

Originally Posted by DIYMechanic
I know you can test the TPS with a DVOM but I would think that just driving it down the road with the cruise would be easier (unless you still have the VC's off the engine).

Rock, you don't have an AIC on the truck by chance do you?

Nope, no AIC on it, dont really need it and the VC's are still off. It would not be too hard to pu em back.

Quick Reply: STILL WORKING ON STUTTER- W/VIDS