Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-2015 Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-07-2011, 02:27 PM
Senior User

BCM is starting off with a positive reputation.
50,000 miles? Did you get an extended warranty?
Old 12-07-2011, 03:22 PM
Postmaster

EpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud of
04xcur - is this on a C&C or regular pickup?
2" leveling kit/Rancho 9000XL shocks & dual stabilizer/B&W Hitch/Firestone Ride Rite Airbags/Air Lift Wireless On-board compressor/Viar on-board compressor & train horn/Titan 50 gallon tank/Line-X Bedliner/Door Seal Mod
Old 12-07-2011, 03:35 PM
Posting Guru

Painted Horse has a great reputation on FTE.Painted Horse has a great reputation on FTE.Painted Horse has a great reputation on FTE.Painted Horse has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCM View Post
50,000 miles? Did you get an extended warranty?
What does an extended warranty have to do with this problem. The engine is covered for 100,000 so he is still covered.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:38 PM
Senior User

BCM is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Painted Horse View Post
What does an extended warranty have to do with this problem. The engine is covered for 100,000 so he is still covered.
I see. Did not realize the warranty went 100,000 miles. Thank you for the clarification.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:39 PM
Postmaster

Hdslider has a superb reputationHdslider has a superb reputationHdslider has a superb reputationHdslider has a superb reputationHdslider has a superb reputationHdslider has a superb reputationHdslider has a superb reputationHdslider has a superb reputationHdslider has a superb reputationHdslider has a superb reputationHdslider has a superb reputation
I haven't heard of a pickup doing that, on CC yes. Only heard of a few pickups where bolt came loose and blew injector out.
Windows tinted. Spray in bedliner. Bakflip hd. cover.Edge Insite CTS.Steelcraft bullbar.red/Crome Superduty letters. Ami billet locking fuel door.B/W turnover goosneck, Companion 5th wheel.And craploads of led lighting.
2011 F350 6.7 CC SRW LB.Oxford White. Ford Buy back.
2009 F350 6.4 CC SRW LB Oxford white. Trade in.
Old 12-07-2011, 04:49 PM
2 bit Californian

bpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputation
bill.pounds.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hdslider View Post
I haven't heard of a pickup doing that, on CC yes. Only heard of a few pickups where bolt came loose and blew injector out.
Is there some explanation for that? Are the engines different in the cab/chassis than the pickups? I know the tuning is slightly different, but I'm not sure how that would explain injector or glow plug blowout.

2006 F250 XLT SCLB FX4 4x4 6.0L Auto,Magnaflow Turbo Back (w/CAT),Edge Insight CS,Blue Spring,RhinoLiner,Retrax Cover,Cab Lights Retro-fit,Overhead Console Retro-fit,Bilsteins,Harpooned,C-Betrs,Fumoto,'08 Diff Cover,Upfitters Retro-fit,Coolant Filter,Custom Man Steps,Keystone 2011 Cougar 278RKSWE,2012 Fusion SE
Old 12-07-2011, 05:30 PM
Elder User

Front Runner has a superb reputationFront Runner has a superb reputationFront Runner has a superb reputationFront Runner has a superb reputationFront Runner has a superb reputationFront Runner has a superb reputationFront Runner has a superb reputationFront Runner has a superb reputationFront Runner has a superb reputationFront Runner has a superb reputationFront Runner has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicCowlick View Post
04xcur - is this on a C&C or regular pickup?

He stated he has a regular pickup.

I'm interested in seeing how this turns out. It should be covered under warranty.

2002 Excursion Limited, 4x4, V10, 4.88 gears, 6" PC lift , 20" XD Hoss wheels, 35" Pro Comp tires
2013 VW GTI 2.0L TSI, 6 speed Manual
Old 12-07-2011, 07:32 PM
Postmaster

EpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Front Runner View Post
He stated he has a regular pickup.

I'm interested in seeing how this turns out. It should be covered under warranty.
Thanks, I missed that. This is the first time I've heard of it on a regular pickup. Someone earlier this year had the same issue but it was on a cab & chassis. I'm glad Ford is retrieving the entire engine for analysis.
2" leveling kit/Rancho 9000XL shocks & dual stabilizer/B&W Hitch/Firestone Ride Rite Airbags/Air Lift Wireless On-board compressor/Viar on-board compressor & train horn/Titan 50 gallon tank/Line-X Bedliner/Door Seal Mod
Old 12-07-2011, 11:15 PM
Junior User

Monorail_Red is starting off with a positive reputation.
Subscribing, hoping the best for OP.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:27 PM
New User

04xcur is starting off with a positive reputation.
Latest news : Cracked valve !

This week, i stopped at the dealer and to my surprise, the mecanic told me that now they are sure it was a cracked valve... He thinks that it should be covered under warranty ( 99% sure ! )

here is the pictures:
Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 12-14-2011, 12:14 AM
Posting Guru

Painted Horse has a great reputation on FTE.Painted Horse has a great reputation on FTE.Painted Horse has a great reputation on FTE.Painted Horse has a great reputation on FTE.
Did a number on the top of that piston didn't it?
Old 12-14-2011, 12:57 AM
Senior User

bookem15 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Painted Horse View Post
Did a number on the top of that piston didn't it?
WOW it sure did.... I can not wait to see how this turns out. Good luck I sure hope Ford covers this.

2010 F150 Lariat
Old 12-14-2011, 08:04 AM
Postmaster

Hdslider has a superb reputationHdslider has a superb reputationHdslider has a superb reputationHdslider has a superb reputationHdslider has a superb reputationHdslider has a superb reputationHdslider has a superb reputationHdslider has a superb reputationHdslider has a superb reputationHdslider has a superb reputationHdslider has a superb reputation
That's just plain sick.hope they get you going as quick as possible.
Windows tinted. Spray in bedliner. Bakflip hd. cover.Edge Insite CTS.Steelcraft bullbar.red/Crome Superduty letters. Ami billet locking fuel door.B/W turnover goosneck, Companion 5th wheel.And craploads of led lighting.
2011 F350 6.7 CC SRW LB.Oxford White. Ford Buy back.
2009 F350 6.4 CC SRW LB Oxford white. Trade in.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:06 AM
Postmaster

Those are amazing photos. I'm curious as to what the final repair will be. Clearly they have to replace the piston but what about the cylinder walls, the rod and the crank? Does the entire head have to be replaced? Any mechanics in the audience?
Old 12-14-2011, 09:27 AM
2 bit Californian

bpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputation
bill.pounds.1
I don't understand how that is a cracked valve. All the valves in that cylinder look intact in the head, and even look properly positioned in their seats, and no damage to the valve bottoms. The witness marks on the piston and head look consistent with the damage that would be done by a small metal object in the cylinder, like a glow plug tip. Maybe I'm missing something?

2006 F250 XLT SCLB FX4 4x4 6.0L Auto,Magnaflow Turbo Back (w/CAT),Edge Insight CS,Blue Spring,RhinoLiner,Retrax Cover,Cab Lights Retro-fit,Overhead Console Retro-fit,Bilsteins,Harpooned,C-Betrs,Fumoto,'08 Diff Cover,Upfitters Retro-fit,Coolant Filter,Custom Man Steps,Keystone 2011 Cougar 278RKSWE,2012 Fusion SE
Old 12-14-2011, 09:27 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
64, 67, 73, blew, damage, diesel, dropping, f250, ford, glow, operation, oxford, plug, plugs, topper, valves, white