Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Audio & Video Systems, Navigation, Satellite Radio & Mobile Electronics
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Audio & Video Systems, Navigation, Satellite Radio & Mobile Electronics SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-05-2011, 05:55 PM
Freshman User

Jammin1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Aftermarket stereo, DVD, GPS, backup camera question

I have the stock stereo in a 2011 F250. I mainly would like to add a backup camera and have thought about doing this with a PIONEER AVIC-X920BT. I could also pick up a GPS, DVD, ect if I replace the stock unit. This could be a big plus. I would also need to purchase the camera for the backup. Would I get the backup image on the screen and will I have the distance lines like the stock backup camera.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:22 AM

2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold
It looks like you get the distance markers and image with the ND-BC20PA camera. I went to Pioneer's website, looked up the X920BT and under accessories, has a couple of camera otions.

ND-BC20PA:
ND-BC20PA - Parking Assistance with Style and Ease | Pioneer Electronics USA

Images of it installed on some cars:
Pioneer Electronics USA

A 5-10min call to Pioneer may be the best option, just to confirm you get what you're looking for in both models.

Matt
2011 F350 - 6.2 CC, LB, 4.30s, Lariat Ultimate pkg, FX4, Amp steps, Lockpick, AC LC6i, JL HD900/5, JL 13TW5, JL C5-570's, Bilstein 7100 stabilizer, Rancho RS9000XL's, Leveled w/ 35" Toyo M/T's and 5 Star tuned
**Sold - 2000 F250 V10, 6.5" Pro Comp, 37" Toyo MT's
Old 12-06-2011, 07:22 PM
Senior User

macattack is starting off with a positive reputation.
You can hook up most any camera to that radio. The one I have I got off ebay for like $25 works great. If you have an Iphone you can get one of the non gps pioneers and use motion x for turn by turn directions I have the avh-p3300bt.
Old 12-09-2011, 08:38 AM
I'm a cautionary tale

Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.
macattack has gone a less-expensive and very practical way for his system. If I were making this purchase, I would look at the comparison between these units. I shop amazon.com for backup cameras. Make certain it's weather resistant and I wouldn't spend more than $50 on an electronic device exposed to the elements. You can count on replacing it from time to time.
Old 12-09-2011, 08:38 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Audio & Video Systems, Navigation, Satellite Radio & Mobile Electronics

Tags
2003, 2011, aftermarket, bronco, company, f250, ford, gps, lightning, market, motor, nav, radio, sat, stereo