6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Warranty Solutions ESP not Ford ESP

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 06:59 AM
Raymow
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Warranty Solutions ESP not Ford ESP

Does any body have a ESP with Warranty Solutions? if so how are they? and do they try to wiggle out of repairs? when I ordered my truck this weekend the salesmen was saying about a ESP with Warranty Solutions and not with Ford when the truck came in. thanks

Old 12-05-2011, 06:26 PM
Bobmurp1
Senior User
Just bought a explorer and when I was going though the paper work about 2 hrs ago I noticed the extended warranty was from warranty solutions. Not sure why they sold me this, I am waiting for my 2012 f350 lariat to be delivered any day would like to also know if there’s a different.

Old 12-05-2011, 08:29 PM
ljutic ss
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My guess is there is more profit selling the non Ford extended warranty.

Old 12-05-2011, 08:34 PM
porthole
Cargo Master

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Bobmurp1
Just bought a explorer and when I was going though the paper work about 2 hrs ago I noticed the extended warranty was from warranty solutions. Not sure why they sold me this, I am waiting for my 2012 f350 lariat to be delivered any day would like to also know if there’s a different.
Not for nothing, but I would exercise your 3 day contract right to cancel out of that and get the Ford plan.

Non factory sponsored extended service contracts can be a real nightmare out side of your selling dealer. And PITA in the selling dealer.

More then likely the sales man pushed it over the Ford plan due to profit margin.

Old 12-05-2011, 09:42 PM
Bobmurp1
Senior User
Originally Posted by porthole
Not for nothing, but I would exercise your 3 day contract right to cancel out of that and get the Ford plan.

Non factory sponsored extended service contracts can be a real nightmare out side of your selling dealer. And PITA in the selling dealer.

More then likely the sales man pushed it over the Ford plan due to profit margin.
Could be it cost 1600 for 7 years 75000 miles bumper to bumper. Anyone know what the ford one goes for, also with the none ford pan can I have the work done at a shop other en a dealer

Old 12-05-2011, 10:12 PM
R6acer
Freshman User
i have warrant solutions for my tahoe. Funny thing is their 5 year "wrap" or bumper to bumper extended warranty covers electronic and software and a few mechanical parts. i recently needed a weather strip replaced and just crossed over my warranty mileage. the oh so great warranty didnt cover it. however, i just picked up the tahoe today from service after getting a "service suspension system" message and paid my $100 deductable while warranty solutions covered the rest of the $475 air ride shock....

so...

read your contract carefully, and know whats covered....and if you alter the vehicle, save yourself the money as theyll quickly deny your claim.

Old 12-05-2011, 10:44 PM
Y2KPSD
Senior User
Originally Posted by R6acer
i have warrant solutions for my tahoe. Funny thing is their 5 year "wrap" or bumper to bumper extended warranty covers electronic and software and a few mechanical parts. i recently needed a weather strip replaced and just crossed over my warranty mileage. the oh so great warranty didnt cover it. however, i just picked up the tahoe today from service after getting a "service suspension system" message and paid my $100 deductable while warranty solutions covered the rest of the $475 air ride shock....

so...

read your contract carefully, and know whats covered....and if you alter the vehicle, save yourself the money as theyll quickly deny your claim.

alter???

and Ford won't??

Old 12-06-2011, 05:18 AM
Bobmurp1
Senior User

so...

Would weather striping be covered under the ford warranty? I was looking last night and noticed that ford has different plans. Not sure If warranty solution has multiple plans that maybe would of covered it.

Old 12-06-2011, 05:55 AM
R6acer
Freshman User
There are multiple plans and I purchased the most complete coverage avail at the time.

My point is that warranty solutions contract should be read carefully so you know whats covered.
And just as ford may void your warranty for things like lifts and tunes warranty solutions is even stricter.

Old 12-06-2011, 05:58 AM
Bobmurp1
Senior User
There are multiple plans and I purchased the most complete coverage avail at the time.

My point is that warranty solutions contract should be read carefully so you know whats covered.
And just as ford may void your warranty for things like lifts and tunes warranty solutions is even stricter.
Do you have to go to the dealer or can a local shop do the work

Old 12-06-2011, 06:06 AM
R6acer
Freshman User
The dealer

Old 12-06-2011, 09:53 AM
porthole
Cargo Master

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
My comment above, just to be fair, was based on my experience working at several Chrysler/Dodge dealerships over almost 20 years.

Non factory sponsored service contracts typically caused issues.
Since many large dealers had their own in house plans, with huge profit margins, that is what sales would push. Even if not an in house plan, aftermarket plans were better money makers. The problems arise when you went to a dealer other then where you purchased the plan, and getting coverage.

The policy at each dealer I worked at was that when a customer came in with a non Chrysler plan the customer was required to pay for the repair and get reimbursement from the contract supplier. We would assist and get the appropriate approvals, but after getting burned a few times it was pay up front.

That was never an issue for any Chrysler plan, we diagnose, get approval, do the repair, collect the deductible and file a warranty claim.

Personally, for my truck, I would not purchase any service plan not backed by Ford Motor Company.

Old 12-06-2011, 10:29 AM
maxxoffroad
Junior User
i got the ESP I think it was right around $2000.00 But its for 8 years 100,000 miles

Old 12-06-2011, 02:38 PM
rrthor
Cross-Country
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got my factory Ford esp plan through Ford Extended Warranty - Genuine Ford ESP. I got the best plan of the four offered for a period of 7yr/75000miles. It was just under $1500. There were several discounts offered at the time. It was cheaper than the non Ford plan offered by the dealer. The plans are sold by a dealer on the east coast and it was very easy. I checked with Ford customer service after the sale and everything was fine, my warranty was in their system.

Old 12-06-2011, 04:04 PM
Raymow
Freshman User
Originally Posted by porthole
My comment above, just to be fair, was based on my experience working at several Chrysler/Dodge dealerships over almost 20 years.

Non factory sponsored service contracts typically caused issues.
Since many large dealers had their own in house plans, with huge profit margins, that is what sales would push. Even if not an in house plan, aftermarket plans were better money makers. The problems arise when you went to a dealer other then where you purchased the plan, and getting coverage.

The policy at each dealer I worked at was that when a customer came in with a non Chrysler plan the customer was required to pay for the repair and get reimbursement from the contract supplier. We would assist and get the appropriate approvals, but after getting burned a few times it was pay up front.

That was never an issue for any Chrysler plan, we diagnose, get approval, do the repair, collect the deductible and file a warranty claim.

Personally, for my truck, I would not purchase any service plan not backed by Ford Motor Company.
Porthole-Thanks that is what I was thinking and was scared of.