Nevada Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:67 Olfthfl

Nevada December BS Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 04:19 PM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Bdox
I have a bunch of glass, and the technique if you need.

Thank you Bruce, but Jimmy got it fixed!
Now if the cats run into it, the cat will break before the glass will!

Old 12-10-2011, 11:40 PM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Used the heavier plate?

Old 12-11-2011, 09:33 AM
Jakebrake
< Samantha...my Co-Pilot

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Good Sunday morning to everyone! It is 13 degrees here this morning but it looks like the sun is going to show today so I think it will warm up soon...supposed to be around 40 today...not bad for the middle of December. Had dinner at Pinocchio's in Reno last night with my Son...and got to visit a little with my Daughter who just happens to work there. If you have never had a meal there you need to try it...always sooooo good! If you order the bread pudding for desert be aware that it is enough for two...but I ate it all!

Old 12-11-2011, 10:09 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Used the heavier plate?
Thicker that's for sure.

Old 12-11-2011, 10:14 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Goodmorning everyone,

Hope you have a blessed Sunday!

Jakebrake - It sounds like that's a great place to eat. Glad you had fun & had the chance to visit with your daughter at the same time. Quality time w/ loved ones during the holiday season (or any time) is always good!

Old 12-11-2011, 01:30 PM
racerchick21
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love Pinocchios! Always great food.

Not such a good weekend for me, had a good friend decide there was no way out of his problems, so sad & such a shock to everyone.

We did have a successful Christmas tree hunt yesterday though, six nice trees, one for everyone and two to donate.

Old 12-11-2011, 01:34 PM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Congrats on the Christmas trees!

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. My condolences & prayers go out to you & his family.

Old 12-11-2011, 03:07 PM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Originally Posted by Jakebrake
Had dinner at Pinocchio's in Reno last night with my Son...and got to visit a little with my Daughter who just happens to work there. If you have never had a meal there you need to try it...always sooooo good! If you order the bread pudding for desert be aware that it is enough for two...but I ate it all!
So where is it? Is it a chain or a one-of-a-kind?
Is your daughter a waitress or does she own the joint?

Old 12-11-2011, 03:08 PM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Michelle, so sorry about your friend. That is always a hard one to deal with.

Old 12-11-2011, 07:37 PM
Jakebrake
< Samantha...my Co-Pilot

So where is it? Is it a chain or a one-of-a-kind?
Is your daughter a waitress or does she own the joint?
There are now two locations...Reno and Sparks... and the old Reno location on Moana (original restaurant) is no longer. Great food and friendly attentive service. My daughter works there part time when they have banquets...She is currently attending UNR. Man I wish she owned the joint...I could easily weigh another 200 pounds!

Pinocchio’s Reno
5995 S. Virginia St.
Reno, NV 89510
775-826-5151

Pinocchio’s Sparks
4820 Vista Blvd.
Sparks, NV 89436
775-626-0101

Old 12-11-2011, 07:54 PM
Jakebrake
< Samantha...my Co-Pilot

Racerchick21,
Sorry to hear of your friend and his choice...hard to understand unless you are in their shoes...I'm not defending his decision, just saying it is not easily understood. Remember the good times and cherish the friendship you had.

67Olfthfl,
Yes...the quality time is important and not to be taken for granted. Things can change in an instant and I don't put off an opportunity to visit with my kids. It seems like it was yesterday that they were just little tikes and now they are all trying to make their own way in the world. Oldest son will graduate the NHP Academy in February, youngest son is in the Coast Guard, oldest daughter is soon off to Nursing School, and the youngest daughter is at UNR...the time has passed too quickly. It was only yesterday (I think) that I was coaching them in softball or baseball, or whippin' their butts (LOL...hurt me more than it hurt them)...lots of good memories!

Old 12-11-2011, 10:35 PM
racerchick21
Posting Guru
Thanks everyone, just so sad & such a waste. You're right I never will understand it.

Enough sad stuff, we delivered trees this morning, and I do believe I'll have all my Christmas items made in time to ship them ground!

Old 12-12-2011, 08:10 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 222 Likes on 181 Posts
Good morning Nevada, the work week has begun!

Michelle, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. Sometimes the pain of life can seem unbearable. It's just too bad they couldn't have reached out before making that decision.

Old 12-12-2011, 09:25 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Morning all,

It's Monday, the coffee is done & it's time to get ready for the day!
Let's go out there & make the most of it...shall we?

Hubby is home on Mondays now until business picks up with his employer. It's nice to be able to spend time together while the kids are in school. Now we can run errands, fix things at my rental house, & pay bills together!

Old 12-12-2011, 10:01 AM
R1_Demon
Elder User
Michelle - Sorry to hear about the loss. Always a hard thing to have to handle. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and their family.

Donna - I don't have much experience with cats (until I moved in with my wife - but had one before that with an ex-girlfriend and it was a cat straight from the devil himself), but I've had that type of situation before. I just hope the cat didn't get hurt (even thought I'm not fond of them, I don't like to see animals get hurt) while breaking the glass. Glad to hear you got it all straightened up.

We currently have one cat now, but I don't think he's too bright. He's huge though. 20 pounds. Big and fluffy, but I think he can be as dumb as a stump. LOL At times he runs around like a nut and almost seems to run into walls at times. We say he practices his "ninja moves" at night because you can hear him running around the house at night and you can see him do it in the morning. He runs like a nut back and forth while messing up the rugs and stuff and he makes funny noises while doing it. I don't know. I'm not a cat person. I just think he's mental and needs meds. LOL!!!!

On a good note, I go at 10 am to pick up the keys to our rental house today, so that's a good feeling, for sure. Plus, I got a chance to pack up a bunch of stuff on Saturday, so that's good too.

Speaking of good food, the wife and I had her company's Christmas dinner party at Texas de Brazil over the weekend and dang it was good. We had never been there before, but it was quite an experience. Pretty darn good food too. If you've never been there and like different types of meats (beef/chicken/pork/sausage/etc...), it's definitely a place you've got to try. It's not cheap, but it would be worth trying at least once.

Quick Reply: Nevada December BS Thread