Missouri Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:77&79F250

December Chat, BS, and general nonsense thread...all are welcome.

Old 12-02-2011, 02:35 PM
tcbofade
Hotshot
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pintoches
I need to know every trick, tip, or secret you all got for getting a cv axle out of a 92 Ford tempo! The driver side cv axle cup sets doen in a hole! I can NOT get behind it to pop it out! I even took the other side out to try and bush it out put cant get past the spider gears?
Well? Did you get it out of there?

Old 12-02-2011, 02:44 PM
pintoches
Postmaster
Not yet it takes a discounted tool to drive it out from the passenger side!
http://www.amazon.com/OTC-7140-Halfs.../dp/B000P6UNQA

Newer wheels and tires for the bronco!

(P.S. Terry did you get my IM)

Old 12-02-2011, 03:04 PM
earthquake68
Hotshot
Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
I had my nerve test done. They got on my nerves all right. I was worried that they wouldn't get to see much since I felt good today. Barely a limp in me. That sure changed by the time I got out of there. It felt like I had shin splints and I had a pretty bad pain going down my left leg. The doctor kept apologizing to me. He seems to be a nice guy, but the ***** would've loved this guy in the interrogation room. Especially when he was doing the needle test and bumped the needle while it was in my leg. DAMN that hurt! ....and what was the result? You're fine. nothing wrong with the nerves. .....I'm canceling my insurance.

Old 12-02-2011, 03:08 PM
pintoches
Postmaster
Originally Posted by earthquake68
I had my nerve test done. They got on my nerves all right. I was worried that they wouldn't get to see much since I felt good today. Barely a limp in me. That sure changed by the time I got out of there. It felt like I had shin splints and I had a pretty bad pain going down my left leg. The doctor kept apologizing to me. He seems to be a nice guy, but the ***** would've loved this guy in the interrogation room. Especially when he was doing the needle test and bumped the needle while it was in my leg. DAMN that hurt! ....and what was the result? You're fine. nothing wrong with the nerves. .....I'm canceling my insurance.
THAT SUCKS!

Old 12-02-2011, 03:11 PM
cyclopsblown34
Lead Driver
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
They'll figger it out about the time your insurance says they're done.

Old 12-02-2011, 03:26 PM
earthquake68
Hotshot
I just got caught up. Holy crap guys. Three pages over night!

Ches, to pop the snap ring loose, you can't pull on one side or the other. You have to jar both sides at the same time. If you have a slide hammer with a two or three jaw puller, that's works great! If not, two pry bars opposite one another and jolt them when you pry on them. It should pop loose.

Brian, check the local pawn shops. They usually have some good deals on stuff like that. You might even be able to work a trade for something. I just traded my 30/30 for a .22 for my daughter.

I got the new Ford inspected today and drove it to my appointment. It sure is nice to have an automatic with fantastic heat, power steering, power brakes and a good stereo. I didn't really want to do this, but I may have to buy my partner out and keep this thing. It's starting to grow on me.

Old 12-02-2011, 03:39 PM
77&79F250
Moderator & parts seller
Received 3,279 Likes on 2,437 Posts
Alan if its nice then do it, a Ford is a Ford is a Ford......as long as you like it, we all will support ya. Sorry to hear the test did nothing but make you feel worse.

Nice set up there Ches, and Brian ck out gunlistings.org or armslist.com, no paperwork just cash and go.

I had to set in a briefing for 1 1/2 hrs and get paid for 8. Discovered there trucks here in PA come from the dealership with snow plows already attached.

Old 12-02-2011, 03:43 PM
Cerpindicular
Posting Guru
apparently my neighbor just sold his 20 gauge and 16 gauge for 100 bucks.....DOH!

Old 12-02-2011, 03:48 PM
77&79F250
Moderator & parts seller
You need to talk to your neighbor more often, thats a good deal that got missed....

Old 12-02-2011, 04:36 PM
earthquake68
Hotshot
Originally Posted by 77&79F250
Alan if its nice then do it, a Ford is a Ford is a Ford......as long as you like it, we all will support ya.
Oh, don't get me wrong, my truck is going NO WHERE! There's too much of me in it already. This truck is mine until I die. It's just nice to have an everyday truck that's automatic with fuel injection and easy to drive. It just makes it easier on me to have something else I can tool around in while I tear mine down for paint.

Old 12-02-2011, 05:19 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I hate working on call when things are moving slow. Hopefully they'll stick to the plan tonight, or it's going to be long night again.
Originally Posted by tcbofade
Busy day for me...lots of errands to run, and one job interview. Wish me luck!
Good luck! Good jobs are hard to come by these days
I just got caught up. Holy crap guys. Three pages over night!
That's what I say everyday...and I spend way too much time sitting at the computer.
I got the new Ford inspected today and drove it to my appointment. It sure is nice to have an automatic with fantastic heat, power steering, power brakes and a good stereo.
That's how I felt when I parked the Ranchero and started driving the '01 Explorer a couple of years ago. The a/c was really nice on those "warm days".

Old 12-02-2011, 06:08 PM
77&79F250
Moderator & parts seller
On call is work and that beats not working at all, hard to pay the bills with good intentions......

Free turkey day style buffett in the hotel, I'm stuffed (no pun intended). lol

Old 12-02-2011, 09:10 PM
1OldFordMan
Logistics Pro

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
Howdy Misery. Missed a bunch of stuff, just finished the last of Nov. & got this read. Had a call from the instructor at Tech School, Old Rusty's up & running good he says. He said that with the twin I-Beam suspension that when the lower ball joints wear out, the uppers usually go too. Inspection shop didn't say anything about it. He's going check them & let me know. Don't know if he got the tank changed yet or not, my guess is not. Still HOPING to get it back by CHRISTmas break. Their last day is the 15th.

Old 12-02-2011, 10:30 PM
BORDERBUM
Logistics Pro
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Sorry to hear that Alan.

Got the motor wired,
Alt installed
Power steering pump installed
Carb, vacume mess installed
Distributor installed (wow that thing took forever to get out of my old motor! 1/2 can of Pb blaster! )
Plugs in the morning if it dont rain then
New oil, filter and some loose ends then trying to start it.
Took way longer to get the distributor out of my frozen motor. then it rained on me! Big tires = no garage for now. Hope it doesnt rain tomorrow. But I know it is supposed too!

Old 12-02-2011, 10:46 PM
77&79F250
Moderator & parts seller
Tarp garage it, get a big one and bungee it from the front bed stake pockets (with some hang over the back of the cab) over the cab to the open hood and then get it angled away, if it like 6 feet longer off the front edge of the hood, there ya go.

Or get a big patio furniture umbrella and use it? Ck out Alan's porta carport? What ever works to keep the rain off you back.

I used a army poncho to keep the rain off me when I was putting new front rotors/brakes/calipers ect.....years ago. It was in the barracks parking lot A LONG TIME AGO when you could work on them in the parking lot.

Closed the hood on it and hung it off my back, stuffed under the tire I was setting on.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: December Chat, BS, and general nonsense thread...all are welcome.