Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > California, Southern Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

California, Southern Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: wpnaes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-30-2011, 01:43 PM
2 bit Californian

bpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputation
bill.pounds.1
Tiny Little Engine

The world's tiniest V12 engine. [VIDEO]

Is that Italian text? I don't know if my questions would have been answered had it been subtitled in English. About all I could make out is that he spent 1220 hours building it, which is an impressively short period.

Also don't know what fuel it burns. I'm thinking alcohol, but I don't know if alcohol will compression ignite, and this does not have spark ignition. So maybe kerosene?

2006 F250 XLT SCLB FX4 4x4 6.0L Auto,Magnaflow Turbo Back (w/CAT),Edge Insight CS,Blue Spring,RhinoLiner,Retrax Cover,Cab Lights Retro-fit,Overhead Console Retro-fit,Bilsteins,Harpooned,C-Betrs,Fumoto,'08 Diff Cover,Upfitters Retro-fit,Coolant Filter,Custom Man Steps,Keystone 2011 Cougar 278RKSWE,2012 Fusion SE
Old 11-30-2011, 02:59 PM
Elder User

OldBlackCat has a great reputation on FTE.OldBlackCat has a great reputation on FTE.OldBlackCat has a great reputation on FTE.OldBlackCat has a great reputation on FTE.OldBlackCat has a great reputation on FTE.OldBlackCat has a great reputation on FTE.
that is impressive
Old 11-30-2011, 03:05 PM
Postmaster

turbohunter has much to be proud ofturbohunter has much to be proud ofturbohunter has much to be proud ofturbohunter has much to be proud ofturbohunter has much to be proud ofturbohunter has much to be proud ofturbohunter has much to be proud ofturbohunter has much to be proud ofturbohunter has much to be proud ofturbohunter has much to be proud of
Interesting.
You can make the engine smaller but does it matter that that liquid/gas characteristics of the fuel cannot be made smaller?

'08 Super Duty 6.4, '61 Unibody, '63 T-bird, '66 Mustang
'76 F750 Firetruck, '83 F150, '74 F-1004x4 shrtbx
And not enough time to drive 'em.
Marc
Be like Steve
Old 11-30-2011, 03:23 PM
Admin Emeritus

SteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpounds View Post
Is that Italian text?
Spanish...the "from Spain" kind.
Join our Chapter *HERE*
9/21/54 - 9/25/09
Old 11-30-2011, 03:40 PM
Admin Emeritus

SteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputation
Bombas de refrigeracion means refrigeration pumps...enfriador de agua dulce is fresh water cooler...is this thing even a combustion motor?

Pretty darned cool, whatever it is.
Join our Chapter *HERE*
9/21/54 - 9/25/09
Old 11-30-2011, 03:42 PM
Postmaster

turbohunter has much to be proud ofturbohunter has much to be proud ofturbohunter has much to be proud ofturbohunter has much to be proud ofturbohunter has much to be proud ofturbohunter has much to be proud ofturbohunter has much to be proud ofturbohunter has much to be proud ofturbohunter has much to be proud ofturbohunter has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBricks View Post
is this thing even a combustion motor?

Pretty darned cool, whatever it is.
That's what I'm wondering and yes it is.

Marc
Be like Steve
Old 11-30-2011, 04:41 PM
2 bit Californian

bpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputation
bill.pounds.1
Someone said they thought it was a compressed air engine. Not a compressor, but an engine that runs on compressed air. It may well be, but there is some kind of tank on the front that looked like a fuel tank. Beats me.

2006 F250 XLT SCLB FX4 4x4 6.0L Auto,Magnaflow Turbo Back (w/CAT),Edge Insight CS,Blue Spring,RhinoLiner,Retrax Cover,Cab Lights Retro-fit,Overhead Console Retro-fit,Bilsteins,Harpooned,C-Betrs,Fumoto,'08 Diff Cover,Upfitters Retro-fit,Coolant Filter,Custom Man Steps,Keystone 2011 Cougar 278RKSWE,2012 Fusion SE
Old 11-30-2011, 04:46 PM
2 bit Californian

bill.pounds.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBricks View Post
Spanish...the "from Spain" kind.
Ah. Castillian Spanish.
Castilian Spanish - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Funny thing - I once hired the college student son of one of our employees to translate our machinery manuals into Spanish, back when we first started exporting to Latin America. Paid him under the table, like a contractor. His BYU Spanish training did not serve us so well, if you believe what our customers said.

Old 11-30-2011, 05:17 PM
Postmaster

Whatever it is it's beautiful.
On the Spanish topic, it seems that your experience with school taught Spanish is the same as my friends natural Mexican Spanish. He recently took a trip to Spain and got reamed because his Spanish was so bad. They could not understand how a Gomez could speak so badly.

Marc
Be like Steve
Old 11-30-2011, 05:22 PM
2 bit Californian

bill.pounds.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbohunter View Post
Whatever it is it's beautiful.
On the Spanish topic, it seems that your experience with school taught Spanish is the same as my friends natural Mexican Spanish. He recently took a trip to Spain and got reamed because his Spanish was so bad. They could not understand how a Gomez could speak so badly.
Now we hire a professional translation firm, and they hire translators that are native to whatever language and region you choose to target. But we still get complaints because Mexican Spanish is different that Columbian, is different than Venezuelan, is different than Paraguayan. They all seem to think we should have the whole damned thing translated in their home town. You can't win.

Old 11-30-2011, 05:36 PM
Postmaster

I'm laughing with you.

Marc
Be like Steve
Old 11-30-2011, 06:24 PM
Posting Guru

Jetcopterpilot has a superb reputationJetcopterpilot has a superb reputationJetcopterpilot has a superb reputationJetcopterpilot has a superb reputationJetcopterpilot has a superb reputationJetcopterpilot has a superb reputationJetcopterpilot has a superb reputationJetcopterpilot has a superb reputationJetcopterpilot has a superb reputationJetcopterpilot has a superb reputationJetcopterpilot has a superb reputation
It might could be, that it runs on glow fuel like an R/C airplane ,car, boat, or helo.... those run a blend of nitro-methanol with a percent of castor oil... my son has probably 15 - 20 planes that run on the nitro blend... the engines are a 2 stroke diesel in style.... very strong, and they also make a four stroke version too..... This little guy seems though to be more of the 2 stroke variation..... It is pretty darned awesome though! A palm of the hand V12.....
2002 Mustang GT convertible
2005 Crown Vic PI
1967 Sanger flat bottom with blown Olds 468
Old 12-01-2011, 11:13 PM
FTE NorCal chapter LDR

Nighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant future
That is very impressive. 2,200 hours of work to make is even more impressive. I want one!
Old 12-02-2011, 12:25 AM
Elder User

ghanson is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.ghanson is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
That's just cool. I hope I find a cool hobby like that when I retire.

-1997 F-250 Heavy Duty, extended cab, long bed.
XLT 4x4, 4.10 limited slip, 7.3L PowerStroke, E4OD.

"Smells like freedom"
Old 12-02-2011, 01:54 AM
Posting Guru

Jetcopterpilot has a superb reputationJetcopterpilot has a superb reputationJetcopterpilot has a superb reputationJetcopterpilot has a superb reputationJetcopterpilot has a superb reputationJetcopterpilot has a superb reputationJetcopterpilot has a superb reputationJetcopterpilot has a superb reputationJetcopterpilot has a superb reputationJetcopterpilot has a superb reputationJetcopterpilot has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghanson View Post
That's just cool. I hope I find a cool hobby like that when I retire.

Just buy an old ford and you will have a hobby like that!
2002 Mustang GT convertible
2005 Crown Vic PI
1967 Sanger flat bottom with blown Olds 468
Old 12-02-2011, 01:54 AM