S. California Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

MMORPG Star Wars and Other Gamer Stuff

Old 12-20-2011, 07:52 PM
Daz00Excursion
My Backpack Gots Jets

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MMORPG Star Wars and Other Gamer Stuff

welp didnt make this shindig! sowwwy! had a marathon gaming session! started ona thursday and ended Saturday at 7am!!!!! lol...

the new MMORPG Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic early access to the game came thru and i couldnt leave my computer for 2 days!

Old 12-20-2011, 08:58 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 120 Likes on 116 Posts
Wow. I remember being addicted to EverQuest back in the day, but the most I ever did at one time was 14 hours.

Jim

Old 12-21-2011, 06:30 AM
Daz00Excursion
My Backpack Gots Jets

Originally Posted by Nighteyez
Wow. I remember being addicted to EverQuest back in the day, but the most I ever did at one time was 14 hours.

Jim
it was my one of my longer marathon online endeavors. the game is so addicting and awsome. the quest story line is top notch (even if you are just a bit of a star wars fan) the PvP aspect just plain owns any other mmorpg pvp!

case in point. 4 of us guildies went ganking on Tatooine for some Republic noobs. hours of fun lol..one of our guild mates even LIVE streams our adventures.

Str8dumpin

Old 12-21-2011, 08:59 AM
SpringerPop
Hotshot

Received 188 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by Daz00Excursion
4 of us guildies went ganking on Tatooine for some Republic noobs. hours of fun lol..one of our guild mates even LIVE streams our adventures.
Is this the thread for posts that make you say "What the....."?

Or am I just confused?

What 'da....

Pop

Old 12-21-2011, 11:56 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by SpringerPop
Is this the thread for posts that make you say "What the....."?

Or am I just confused?

What 'da....

Pop
If it is like Eve Online and I am assuming it is with a name like Star Wars, then he means he and his friends stayed by a hyper gate in space, and waited for new players to arrive through the gate, and then they killed them. Forcing the new players to buy a new ship, and if they were pod killed (Not sure if Star Wars has that) then they have to buy a new clone of themselves. Or maybe they ransomed them telling them to give them millions or they will be killed. Two reasons I quit playing Eve Online. Got tired of losing expensive ships with expensive hardware on them. (the main reason though was the fact that I could not afford to play my 3 accounts at $15 each)

Jim

Old 12-21-2011, 08:07 PM
Kudofo
Senior User
welp didnt make this shindig! sowwwy! had a marathon gaming session! started ona thursday and ended Saturday at 7am!!!!! lol...

the new MMORPG Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic early access to the game came thru and i couldnt leave my computer for 2 days!

Oh time for some nerdiness...

Star Wars Galaxies was WAY WAY WAY better than SWTOR But they killed it when they tried to make it like World of warcrap.

SWTOR is so freaking linear. Do quest level, its like world of Warcraft where is the mental stimulation. I used to watch TV and do Math homework while playing wow because it was so detrimental to my mental health but I want to be social.

Anyway... Rant over. Just though I would put my 2cents in

Old 12-21-2011, 09:54 PM
Daz00Excursion
My Backpack Gots Jets

Originally Posted by Kudofo
Oh time for some nerdiness...

Star Wars Galaxies was WAY WAY WAY better than SWTOR But they killed it when they tried to make it like World of warcrap.

SWTOR is so freaking linear. Do quest level, its like world of Warcraft where is the mental stimulation. I used to watch TV and do Math homework while playing wow because it was so detrimental to my mental health but I want to be social.

Anyway... Rant over. Just though I would put my 2cents in
Star Wars galaxy was for the super uber nerds . one of the quest was to learn how to dance? LOL..no wonder it failed as a MMORPG for the masses. this is where WoW set the standards on a successful mmorpg. By expanding upon just the base nerd-cap population to the general public, Blizzard (WoW) now has 10.3 million subscribers (accurate as on Nov. 2011)

thats why SWTOR is similar to it. Bioware is cashing on its success. Learning from Blizzards mistakes and improving on them. Dont get me wrong i love both games. matter of fact im still playing WoW to maintain our arena standings. Another Gladiator title in the works would be nice.

after playing WoW since closed beta. achieving multiple Gladiator titles in PvP and such. it got boring. this is where SWTOR is a nice change from Dungeons and Dragons slaying. Killing noobs got boring after awhile lol.

Old 12-21-2011, 11:14 PM
Kudofo
Senior User
Star Wars galaxy was for the super uber nerds . one of the quest was to learn how to dance? LOL..no wonder it failed as a MMORPG for the masses. this is where WoW set the standards on a successful mmorpg. By expanding upon just the base nerd-cap population to the general public, Blizzard (WoW) now has 10.3 million subscribers (accurate as on Nov. 2011)

thats why SWTOR is similar to it. Bioware is cashing on its success. Learning from Blizzards mistakes and improving on them. Dont get me wrong i love both games. matter of fact im still playing WoW to maintain our arena standings. Another Gladiator title in the works would be nice.

after playing WoW since closed beta. achieving multiple Gladiator titles in PvP and such. it got boring. this is where SWTOR is a nice change from Dungeons and Dragons slaying. Killing noobs got boring after awhile lol.

Learn how to dance. You must have game into the game way late. At the start there was no quests. It was a pure sand box game. The learn to dance quest was way later after they did their little combat upgrades. And my girlfriend used to LOVE to be a dancer they could hang out and be social in the cantina (HOLY FREAKING CRAP SOMEONE BEAT ME UP IM A NERD)

Wow got boring so fast after the grind. Pvp was ok I will admit but everything else was so pathetic. Raids were horrible.

Im going to do push ups and other manly activities since that was so nerdy. To bad I have grown out of video games. Nothing excites me anymore.

Old 12-21-2011, 11:46 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

I currently play Shiaya because it is free, but I am slowly losing interest, and now that the Bronco is here, I have something else to occupy my time.

Jim

Old 12-22-2011, 12:10 AM
Daz00Excursion
My Backpack Gots Jets

Learn how to dance. You must have game into the game way late. At the start there was no quests. It was a pure sand box game. The learn to dance quest was way later after they did their little combat upgrades. And my girlfriend used to LOVE to be a dancer they could hang out and be social in the cantina (HOLY FREAKING CRAP SOMEONE BEAT ME UP IM A NERD)

Wow got boring so fast after the grind. Pvp was ok I will admit but everything else was so pathetic. Raids were horrible.

Im going to do push ups and other manly activities since that was so nerdy. To bad I have grown out of video games. Nothing excites me anymore.
this is the reason i choose to be on a PVP server rather than a RP/PVE server. maybe its because of coming from a FPS shooter MMOG (COD:MH/ AA and Planetside). I dont find dancing anywhere in game is useful. unless your dancing on some noobs corpse after you ganked him and 4 of his buddies. anywho......

so what does push ups and manly activities have to do with online games? lol i mean does that mean im not manly enough even tho i served my country and probably did thousands of push ups thru 4yrs in the army. does that qualify me to be in the "manly activities"? hey ima nerd tho..and proud to admit it. just not that UBER NERD that get his rocks off L.A.R.P'ing ..

in other news...

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!

im getting a BOWFLEX for xmas...so my man points stats just went +300

/Bowflex
/dance
/golfclap

oh yea ODE YE to STAR WARS GALAXY!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z9XT...eature=related

Old 12-22-2011, 12:19 AM
Daz00Excursion
My Backpack Gots Jets

I currently play Shiaya because it is free, but I am slowly losing interest, and now that the Bronco is here, I have something else to occupy my time.

Jim
check out "RIFT" its also free to play. total rip off of World of Warcraft. its pretty fun. graphics are good.

Old 12-22-2011, 01:08 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Will have to do that, although I never played Wow, but I heard it was similar to EQ.

Jim

Old 12-22-2011, 04:42 AM
Kudofo
Senior User
Will have to do that, although I never played Wow, but I heard it was similar to EQ.

Jim
*Itches arms and neck* I was specifically told I am not allowed to play EQ. So I am going to have to go call my sobriety partner now and tell them that I have been thinking about it again. I guess back to step 4. Ill never make it to graduation now

I remember being in 7th grade playing evercrack. Its just hard to get into video games with work and real life

Old 12-22-2011, 10:58 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

I doubt I will ever go back to EQ. I loved the game when I played it, but most the places I go to now are empty. With all the new expansions and new areas for players to play in, and me being too poor to keep buying expansions when they come out makes for a lot of solo playing, which in turn makes it take forever to level up. And the last time I played on one of their "play free for 2 weeks" promotions, I found out that they had changed the name of one of my toons.

I was playing Eve Online then, and decided to never go back to EQ. After losing several expensive ships in Eve Online, and the above mentioned $45 a month to play all 3 accts. I decided to stop playing online games. Then when I bought my Acer laptop, I found Shiaya was pre-installed, and had never heard of it. So I tried it. Been playing it ever since, (about two year and a half years now.)

Jim

Old 12-22-2011, 12:22 PM
Daz00Excursion
My Backpack Gots Jets

*Itches arms and neck* I was specifically told I am not allowed to play EQ. So I am going to have to go call my sobriety partner now and tell them that I have been thinking about it again. I guess back to step 4. Ill never make it to graduation now

I remember being in 7th grade playing evercrack. Its just hard to get into video games with work and real life
all of my buds was playing EQ back in the day. i remember watching them at their lan partys and wondered wtf was it all about. at that time i was still into mmofps games like COD:AA and MOH. along with planetside.

WoW is what got me started in the mmorpg and never looked back. maybe its just my age..but the whole twitch style gaming eludes me now. my reaction time in FPS's is ancient at best lol..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MMORPG Star Wars and Other Gamer Stuff