Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Dentsides Ford Truck

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-11-2011, 09:02 PM
Posting Guru

JB78f150 has a good reputation on FTE.JB78f150 has a good reputation on FTE.JB78f150 has a good reputation on FTE.
What! what happen to the dually wheels in the back. Love the look of a dually with no fender flares. But you are building a desert truck.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:45 PM
Post Fiend

BradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud of
Looking good, wondering if you have any close ups of the spot lights, I want a set but can't figure out where they would go.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:28 AM
Senior User

dirtydeeds is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB78f150 View Post
What! what happen to the dually wheels in the back. Love the look of a dually with no fender flares. But you are building a desert truck.
I know, trust me it kills me! I really dig the look too. I've got a spare set of 03 Dodge Dually wheels that work on my 01 Cummins, my flatbed trailer, and I suspect this truck too. I also have the wheel spacer for the front, so I will run the duallies (if they fit) every once in a while. I need these 35's for mach up. I've got a set of glass fenders and need to make the front end fit within them when I cut and extend the beams.

My town (Escondido, CA) has Cruisin' Grand where classic cars cruise. It's a family tradition to cruise every Friday night April-Sept. and show off DirtyDeedsIndustries!! The Ford CrewCab would look bitchen with flared fenders and WIIIIIIIDE front end sportin duallies with no rear fenders. I'll post up pics when I do it
Old 12-12-2011, 12:30 AM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyCouchman View Post
Looking good, wondering if you have any close ups of the spot lights, I want a set but can't figure out where they would go.
I'll try and get em in the next few days. During the week I leave in the morning in a hurry and get home after dark, so it might take a while to get em. Email over the next weekend if I don't get em up over the week as a reminder. dirtydeedsindustries@gmail.com

Keith
Old 12-12-2011, 12:37 AM
Senior User

A few new pics:
Click the image to open in full size.
And here's what it's all being done for. I need at least 2 back seats and 2 full doors. 5 point harnesses and full cage are mandatory. I really need to clean my windows LOL
Old 12-12-2011, 06:36 AM
Postmaster

teds74ford has a good reputation on FTE.teds74ford has a good reputation on FTE.teds74ford has a good reputation on FTE.
Haha! When I added a third munchkin is when I went and got my crewcab

Old truck: 74 F250 Converted 4WD sold
Some other 4 wheeled vehicles also reside in the driveway
Old 12-12-2011, 06:58 PM
Post Fiend

ChaseTruck754 has a great reputation on FTE.ChaseTruck754 has a great reputation on FTE.ChaseTruck754 has a great reputation on FTE.ChaseTruck754 has a great reputation on FTE.
Looking good Keith. Did you end up grabbing those 32's I sent you the link for? I would guess not since this thing is rolling on 35's. I also forgot it was an 8 lug truck when I sent that link. Had a little brain fart...
long bed & 1974 Ford F100 Supercab - 2wds
1974 Ford F250 4x4 Crew cab
thread in "motor swap" forum
1989 Ford Ranger= Never gonna be done...
1972 Alfa Romeo GTV & 1999 Toyota Tacoma 4wd = DD
Old 12-12-2011, 07:12 PM
Post Fiend

BradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud of
It looks like you have some spacers in the spring, only reason I ask is I have 33's and my tires are even closer to my fenders. I don't know if it is because you don't have a 460 and are missing some sheet metal but you have a lot more room then me.

Diging the fam no kids yet but have a niece and nephew about that age and they are a blast. Hope mine enjoy trucks as much as yours look like they do
Old 12-12-2011, 07:38 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseTruck754 View Post
Looking good Keith. Did you end up grabbing those 32's I sent you the link for? I would guess not since this thing is rolling on 35's. I also forgot it was an 8 lug truck when I sent that link. Had a little brain fart...
s

LOL, thx for the link though.

I've had the 35's sitting in my shed for about a year, unfortunately a buddy of mine was going to Ocotillo Wells last year through Julian and hit a patch of black ice. Straight into an embankment and it was all over with. I went up and got him home, 3 of his tires were literally brand new so he gave em to me. I bought one new tire and stuck em on my Tundra. Jumped the Tundra, took a chunk of tread out of the tire and took em back off. They've sat ever since. I used the money I got at the recycling yard for the flatbed to mount and balance them. I bought the rims at Summit Racing the price was right and the specs fit right where I wanted them to.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:42 PM
Senior User

Quote:
It looks like you have some spacers in the spring, only reason I ask is I have 33's and my tires are even closer to my fenders. I don't know if it is because you don't have a 460 and are missing some sheet metal but you have a lot more room then me.

Diging the fam no kids yet but have a niece and nephew about that age and they are a blast. Hope mine enjoy trucks as much as yours look like they do
The sheet metal definitely helps, I never tried to fit these wheels/tires with inner fenders installed. I will maybe someday put in some sort of mini inner fender, but will never run stock inner fenders on this truck.

The spacers, as you probably already know, are to raise the front end back up since the old springs sag from being old, they are to correct the negative camber. But come to think of it sometimes it seems as if there is a slight amount of positive camber. I'll put a level on it this weekend and see where it sits. Maybe it is lifted slightly?

I'll go back through this thread this weekend, I now have 2 questions to answer
Old 12-12-2011, 09:42 PM
Post Fiend

Sorry, just your truck is very close to mine and just trying to compare. my tires hit the top of the fender flair, i have not looked at my camber much might be worth a try and see if they are sagging on me, thanks.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:37 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Sorry, just your truck is very close to mine and just trying to compare. my tires hit the top of the fender flair, i have not looked at my camber much might be worth a try and see if they are sagging on me, thanks.
glad to help. here's how you check: grab a 2' level. put your truck on a level surface. set the level on the side of the tire in front or in back of the hub. Basically vertical from 2 o clock to 4 o clock, or from 10 o clock to 8 o clock. If you go too far in the center of the wheel you'll get a false reading from the bulge of the tire.

I'll post up pics this weekend.

Keith
Old 12-12-2011, 11:38 PM
Elder User

76Hauler is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.76Hauler is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
love it love it love it! jealous of the 4-door, my three kids have to fight for seat time! subscribed

2009 F350. Carli Suspension. 37" Toyo M/T
Old 12-13-2011, 08:46 AM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldStyle View Post
Nice! Original paint? Look good!

looks bitchen BTW
Old 12-13-2011, 06:47 PM
Posting Guru

jgavac is a name known to alljgavac is a name known to alljgavac is a name known to alljgavac is a name known to alljgavac is a name known to alljgavac is a name known to all
Jameson Gavac jagg007
Looks awesome. Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIO Silver View Post
Thanks for the myopic criticism Montana. You're bundle of joy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77&79F250 View Post
Whiskey does not agree with me, and Mr. Daniels is always getting me in trouble
Old 12-13-2011, 06:47 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks

Tags
1973, 1974, 4x4, build, bumpside, cab, crew, crewcab, dirtydeedsindustries, f350, f360, ford, frame, headliner, heat, newer