Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > California, Southern Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

California, Southern Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: wpnaes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-28-2011, 05:31 PM
Postmaster

Col Flashman has a good reputation on FTE.Col Flashman has a good reputation on FTE.Col Flashman has a good reputation on FTE.
Wiring Harness Replacement, Pizza & Libations Party

Jet Copter Pilot came over a few weeks ago to have a look @ my Electrical problems on my '58 M-100 Merc. Truck.
He said that I needed to replace my Wiring Harness under the dash.
Plus there might be a few other Electrical probs as well.
He's now on the injured list as he Buggered Up both his knees & unable to help.
So for those that might be interested, I'll be having a Wiring Harness Replacement, Pizza & Beverage Party as soon as I get enough Individuals to reply to my plea for assistance.
Please leave a message here if your able to lend a hand, Thank'ee!
Blue '58 Mercury M-100 Panel 223 I-6 w/ M-O-M
Black 1893 Henry Ford Quadra-Cycle (replica)
My Replies Are Not Meant In An Offensive Way.... Ever, They Are Merely.... Straight Answers or Comments
Old 11-28-2011, 10:31 PM
Elder User

DieselHardware is a name known to allDieselHardware is a name known to allDieselHardware is a name known to allDieselHardware is a name known to allDieselHardware is a name known to allDieselHardware is a name known to all
The weekend of the 17th is the only weekend I'll be around until after the first of the year. If you hold out that long, I should be able to cruise over for a couple hours.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:44 AM
Postmaster

Col Flashman has a good reputation on FTE.Col Flashman has a good reputation on FTE.Col Flashman has a good reputation on FTE.
I'll take what I can get, mate, THX!
My Replies Are Not Meant In An Offensive Way.... Ever, They Are Merely.... Straight Answers or Comments
Old 11-29-2011, 08:34 AM
FTE SoCal Chapter LDR

wpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputation
I'm assuming you need someone who actually knows a thing or two about wiring and can assist..., rather than someone who will warm a stool, drink beverages, eat pizza and offer amusing, at times witty, but overall useless anecdotes throughout the process? Hmmm, maybe I can re-sort your collection of nuts/bolts/fasteners...

Join the So Cal chapter here
Be Like Steve
Old 11-29-2011, 11:06 AM
Admin Emeritus

SteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputation
What are we looking at here, Flashy? Are we talking about fabbing up a new harness from scratch, or will you have a replacement harness to swap in? What "few other problems" do you suspect?

Not trying to give you the third degree, just want a little better idea of what's going on before committing...I'd like to help if I can.
Join our Chapter *HERE*
9/21/54 - 9/25/09
Old 11-29-2011, 07:56 PM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBricks View Post
What are we looking at here, Flashy? Are we talking about fabbing up a new harness from scratch, or will you have a replacement harness to swap in? What "few other problems" do you suspect?

Not trying to give you the third degree, just want a little better idea of what's going on before committing...I'd like to help if I can.
wpnaes; Yeppers, need someone that is experienced in putting the Kabosh on Electrical problems. You'd be doing that sorting to my cousins collections, mate.

Steve; JCP stated that I should purchase a W/H from Golden Rodtronics, which I did, as it was only $185.00. The OME W/H for the "Wee Beastie" was almost $450.00. Way out of my price range.
There's some bare spots in the OME W/H that've jury rigged fixes, so it needs to be replaced just for that reason alone.
MSD box, coil &/or other electronics might be contributing to the problem? Distrib might have jump time? When she wouldn't catch when I tried to start her, she back-fired so badly, that she blew off the leftside tail pipe on the backside of the muffler.
I need the help of individuals that have experience in multiple areas in fixing probs & making vehicles run correctly. Plus have the proper tools in which to accomplish said task, as mine were stolen years ago & I've not even been able to come close to replacing them.

Thank'ee to D.H., wpnaes & S.B. for responding to my plea so quickly.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:15 PM
Senior User

Fishing_Uncle has a good reputation on FTE.Fishing_Uncle has a good reputation on FTE.Fishing_Uncle has a good reputation on FTE.
I could offer to lend some tools after I dust them off if needed ( timing gun, multimeters, wrenches, sockets, etc ). I may even have some hold over parts from past cars ( coil, msd box, maybe even a distributor ) to help troubleshoot components as well, Ill dig around a bit to see.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:32 PM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishing_Uncle View Post
I could offer to lend some tools after I dust them off if needed ( timing gun, multimeters, wrenches, sockets, etc ). I may even have some hold over parts from past cars ( coil, msd box, maybe even a distributor ) to help troubleshoot components as well, Ill dig around a bit to see.
Thank'ee, mate, greatly appreciated!!!!!
Old 12-05-2011, 07:38 PM
My Backpack Gots Jets

Daz00Excursion has a good reputation on FTE.Daz00Excursion has a good reputation on FTE.
I could lend you a hand I do all of my own stereo installs and is pretty nifty with electrical wiring. (only part i hate doing is pulling panels and running wires lol) but trouble shooting and such i can do.

as far as pizza and beer..no go for me. haha i just had gastric sleeve surgery and still on a puree'd food diet.. maybe ill bring my blender and puree me a slice lol..
Old 12-05-2011, 09:26 PM
Postmaster

So when is a good time/day/date to coordinate us getting together.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:36 PM
Admin Emeritus

SteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputation
I'm good for the 17th.
Join our Chapter *HERE*
9/21/54 - 9/25/09
Old 12-05-2011, 09:54 PM
Postmaster

Well, that's Two/2 plus me for the 17th.
Anyone else free that day/weekend?
Old 12-05-2011, 10:35 PM
My Backpack Gots Jets

Daz00Excursion has a good reputation on FTE.Daz00Excursion has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Flashman View Post
Well, that's Two/2 plus me for the 17th.
Anyone else free that day/weekend?
17th is good for me. as far as tools. only thing i can contribute is my wiring/stereo install essentials (some sockets/wrenches not much lol). as some sticky fingered tweeker walked off with my Craftsman Tools along with my stereo system a few months back.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:47 AM
Senior User

Fishing_Uncle has a good reputation on FTE.Fishing_Uncle has a good reputation on FTE.Fishing_Uncle has a good reputation on FTE.
I should be able to stop by on the 17th as well, if not I can swing by a day or so earlier and drop off what you might need to borrow. I have gathered up some multimeters, soldering iron/gun, timing gun, etc but still have to go through the left over parts stuff I had from my old inline 6 ( not really sure what is in there yet ).
Old 12-06-2011, 02:50 PM
Postmaster

Excellent, mates!
Greatly appreciate all of you!
Old 12-06-2011, 02:50 PM