6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Diesel Fuel Additive?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 06:19 PM
'08FX4
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I use stanadyne, I believe stanadyne is blessed by ford as well, I could swear in my '08 owners manual it mentioned it, but my memory aint so great either. I buy the 5 gallon can of it about once every 10 months or so, I used to buy the cases of 10 oz bottles, but I'd be buying them all the time, I saved about 12 of the bottles and just refill them out of the big 5 gal can now. I use it at every fill,it's funny too because people at the other side of the pump will like bark at me, and say you don't need that crap in the summer ya know, it's not going to gel up when it's 80 out, I used to start in about ULSD and lubricity, but now I just mess with their heads and tell 'em I get like 8 miles per gallon more when I use it though......

Diesel Fuel Additives - Stanadyne

HOME ABOUT US CAREERS CONTACT CORPORATE DEALER LOCATOR
Search

Fueling Innovation
Fuel Systems Precision Manufacturing Filtration Systems Diesel Fuel Additives

Frequently Asked Questions
Performance Formula
Lubricity Formula
Winter 1000
Performance Formula Jr.
Material Safety Data Sheets
Contact

Documents
Aditivos de Combustibles Diesel
Which Additive is Right for You?
99549 Fuel Additives Brochure
99039 Diesel Fuel Update
OEM Endorsements
99835 PF Brochure
99625 PF Comparison Charts
REACH Compliance: Stanadyne Performance Formula
Cost Savings Calculator
Cost Saving Calculator - Metric version
GM Approval of Stanadyne's Fuel Additive

Home / Diesel Fuel Additives Diesel Fuel Additives

The heart of the diesel engine is its fuel injection equipment and the major enemy of this equipment is poor quality diesel fuel. From our extensive research and testing and our experience in manufacturing diesel fuel injection systems, Stanadyne found that variations in diesel fuel quality around the world can adversely affect today's precision fuel injection systems. Poor quality diesel fuel can cause performance issues, premature wear, gumming of components, and plugged filters. To resolve these issues and to provide protection of the fuel injection system, Stanadyne developed its own line of diesel fuel additives.
Stanadyne diesel fuel additives are the only ones in the world that are:

Made by a fuel injection systems manufacturer
Tested and approved by major diesel engine and vehicle manufacturers
Proven to perform best in independent tests

Stanadyne diesel fuel additives protect and improve the performance of all diesel fuel injection systems including:

High pressure common rail
Unit injectors
Rotary distribution pumps
In-line pumps

Stanadyne diesel fuel additives comply with federal low sulfur content requirements for use in diesel motor vehicles and nonroad engines.

Stanadyne Diesel Fuel Additives can be purchased from all authorized Stanadyne service locations in the United States and Canada.
There are other limited locations throughout the world that carry Stanadyne Performance Formula.
Click Here to locate a dealer near you!

Old 12-01-2011, 09:00 PM
Jimax
Senior User
Is there an online source to buy the PM22A for cheap if you commit to buying a certain quantity? Best I found so far was $6.37/bottle.

Old 12-01-2011, 09:42 PM
cirrus365
Elder User
Originally Posted by Jimax
Is there an online source to buy the PM22A for cheap if you commit to buying a certain quantity? Best I found so far was $6.37/bottle.
I bought a gallon (treats 1000 gallons) for $50 at my dealer.

Old 12-01-2011, 11:02 PM
Pacman51
Senior User
Originally Posted by cirrus365
I bought a gallon (treats 1000 gallons) for $50 at my dealer.
Do you have a Ford part number for the gallon jug?

Old 12-02-2011, 12:03 AM
Andrew010
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My dealer won't order the gallon jugs, not enough profit I guess. 20 oz bottles only, for $8 none the less. Personally I think the stuff is about worthless, but yet I still pour it in each fill up hoping it helps my inferior HPFP last a bit longer.

Time will tell if it helps any. I can say it doesn't help fuel mileage much, if any.

Old 12-02-2011, 12:24 AM
TRENT310
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Andrew010
my inferior HPFP
I hate to be bringing this topic back up yet again, but how do you know that for a fact? Like how do you know it's been acting up?

Old 12-02-2011, 01:03 AM
cirrus365
Elder User
Originally Posted by Pacman51
Do you have a Ford part number for the gallon jug?
PM-22-GAL

I will check my receipt tomorrow to verify.

Old 12-02-2011, 09:08 AM
rickatic
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Andrew010
My dealer won't order the gallon jugs, not enough profit I guess. 20 oz bottles only, for $8 none the less. Personally I think the stuff is about worthless, but yet I still pour it in each fill up hoping it helps my inferior HPFP last a bit longer.

Time will tell if it helps any. I can say it doesn't help fuel mileage much, if any.
I just ordered another gallon this morning. $40 plus tax

Here is the part number: PM22GAL

Andrew,

If your dealer does not think there is enough profit in the gallon size packaging, ask him how much profit he will make when you do not buy any product from him...and then buy your PM22GAL from a different dealer.

I was filling my Titan fuel tank yesterday with another 30 gallons of substandard US fuel. As I poured in the recommended dose of lubricant, I had to think back to the 70's when I had to mix the oil with the gas for my Arctic Cat snowmobiles...boy these new trucks have sure came a long way...

Regards

Old 12-03-2011, 01:13 PM
Smoke2008
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I use Opti-Lube XPD......I have used Fords PM22....I at this time having used both products for sometime......I'am going to stay with Opti-Lube

Old 12-03-2011, 03:30 PM
dschuffert
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have been using the Amsoil diesel fuel concentrate for year. I also add Cetane boost and then anti-gel in the winter. I have used Diesel Kleen from Power Service and others over the years. I personally haven't seen a difference between any of them but consider it inexpensive insurance.

Old 12-03-2011, 03:57 PM
'08FX4
Senior User
after reading the report on the lubricity improvements in the baseline fuel, and seeing where optilube rated, and then where stanadyne rated(which I've been using)- I'll be changing to the optilube as soon as my stanadyne is all gone. The price is about the same per tankful- and it appears that optilube does a better job based on that report

Old 12-03-2011, 05:44 PM
KC8QVO
Cargo Master
Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by rickatic
I was filling my Titan fuel tank yesterday with another 30 gallons of substandard US fuel. As I poured in the recommended dose of lubricant, I had to think back to the 70's when I had to mix the oil with the gas for my Arctic Cat snowmobiles...boy these new trucks have sure came a long way...
I mix oil with my fuel for my 2 cycle engines

As to the gallon of PM22 additive - the local dealer here doesn't sell it either. I paid $11 or $12 each for the bottles, got 2 last time. I am thinking of ordering the gallon online but I don't know about shipping... any ideas? Has anyone ordered it from partsguyed.com?

Old 12-03-2011, 06:08 PM
cford716
Elder User
Originally Posted by Smoke2008
I use Opti-Lube XPD......I have used Fords PM22....I at this time having used both products for sometime......I'am going to stay with Opti-Lube
I also switched. But went with Schaffer for now, Opti-Lube was out of stock when I looked but I think they have it now. I would post that report here again if I knew how.

Old 12-03-2011, 06:35 PM
jmcquarry
Senior User
Has anyone used "RBP’s High Performance Diesel Fuel Additive Enhancer", the folks at 4 Wheel Drive Parts store recommend this product,,,went to their web site, the claims seem too good to be true,,,10% mileage increase, cetane increase boost of 5,,,etc,,,,,,,,,looked at the report on Optilube,,looks good, but old report, looking for a new study by an independent lab, one that is ASCLAD certified, will let y'all know if I find anything

Old 12-03-2011, 07:47 PM
Ex Factor
Junior User
How do I correctly blend the lubricity additive with all the fuel in my tank?

I realize most folks pour contents in tank and trust fuel to mix itself. How do you know certain portions of tank don't have a higher concentrate of additive and other has too little?

Quick Reply: Diesel Fuel Additive?