Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Crossovers
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Crossovers Edge, Taurus X, Freestyle, MKX, Flex etc.

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-27-2011, 02:21 PM
Senior User

jlande is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ford Flex Cooling Fan - any worries?

My wife drives a 2009 Ford Flex, bought it new & it's due to click over 100,000 miles in the next couple weeks. My concern is that the engine cooling fan has started running more consistanly, and even runs for 5-7 seconds after shutting off the car. The coolant lever is fine, no signs of leaking on the garage floor, and the temp gauge stays right in the middle, like it always has.

My biggest concern is that we are leaving for Branson the second week of December, and my warranty runs out at 100,000 miles...

Anything I should look at? I've had it at the dealer many times in the last six months with other concerns, but this is the first issue with the cooling system.

I should state that we live in Minnesota, and the temp have been in the 40-50's the past few weeks. The cooling fan is acting like its 95* and a/c on high...
Old 11-29-2011, 07:48 AM
Postmaster

Johnny Langton has a great reputation on FTE.Johnny Langton has a great reputation on FTE.Johnny Langton has a great reputation on FTE.Johnny Langton has a great reputation on FTE.Johnny Langton has a great reputation on FTE.Johnny Langton has a great reputation on FTE.
There have been reported failures of the fan controller module, and it's not cheap. It' may possibly be going south on you, so keep an eye on it.
JL
2010 Lincoln MKT Elite-3.5L EcoBoost/AWD 14.41@96.27
Old 01-30-2012, 06:03 PM
Senior User

jlande is starting off with a positive reputation.
Just a follow-up. We had the Flex looked at, dealership couldn't find a problem. It made the trip with no incidents. Fan continues to run, more than it ever has, but we've now gotten used to it.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:07 AM
Former Vendor

FORDSVTPARTS is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.FORDSVTPARTS is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I just did a little looking and we've never sold one of the fan control modules here and we have one of the busiest service departments in the region.

I also checked the Ford depot system and they do have those modules scattered all over the depot system so Ford is selling them.

Tough to say why it would be acting that way, I'd suggest simply paying attention to it as you are and if it gets worse get it looked at again and if it does fail and you're out of warranty please get in touch with me as I can pretty much gaurantee the best pricing on Ford parts that you'll find anywhere.

Old 01-31-2012, 11:07 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Crossovers

Tags
2009, car, cooling, fan, fans, fles, flex, ford, fotd, running, runs, shutting, time, vooling, working