Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-27-2011, 12:17 PM
New User

ua-usa is starting off with a positive reputation.
viktor pugach
Coolant drips in front of my ford 6.0L

Hi guys I have a question for you if anyone has an answer would be awesome!!!

So i had coolant shooting from my reserve bottle under heavy long pulls. someone told me i had Plugged EGR cooler,
SO i went and ordered ERG DELITE kit and changed a OIL cooler while i was there. put it all back together, drove for few days, and today i notice a 5 inch puddle of coolant under front of my truck.
DID my water pump blow up? why whould it do that ? didnt had coolant leaking from there before my ERG delite kit and oil cooler was changed
Also it shows P0678 Cylinder 8 Glow Plug Circuit Error code, I did changed the glow plug, but i still have that code showing, truck starts good even with the code any idea on that one also.

Here are some specs on my 2004 F350 King Ranch 145000
Full Turbo back exhaust
Performance K&N Filter
Bully Dog Chip with Outlook monitor that i'm running on Low settings all the time.
Had ERG Delite KID and OIL cooler changed recently
Old 11-27-2011, 01:27 PM
Postmaster

2006powerstroke90 has a very good reputation on FTE.2006powerstroke90 has a very good reputation on FTE.2006powerstroke90 has a very good reputation on FTE.2006powerstroke90 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Could very well be your waterpump, mine was doing the same when it failed.

2014 Chevy Silverado 1500 DBL Cab
Old 11-27-2011, 07:06 PM
Junior User

fomoco60 is starting off with a positive reputation.
The 2 places I get leaks from whenever I work on the cooling system are the lower radiator hose and the hose going to the thermostat housing. Always ends up being a clamp, if you don't get them right back where they were they tend to leak.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:07 PM
Junior User

abealex is starting off with a positive reputation.
About a week after I did similar work to my truck, I had a coolant leak from the water pump area as well. It was leaking from the lower radiator hose where it connects to the water pump. It was a new Ford hose with the attached constant tension clamp, but was not tight enough. I replaced it with a standard hose clamp and problem solved! Hopefully yours will be that easy...
Old 11-27-2011, 09:34 PM
Elder User

Special Ed is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Special Ed is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Get your hand on a coolant pressure tester & pump her up. AutoZone rents them for free if you dont have one or are not interested in purchasing one. She will **** right away under pressure so you can pinpoint the leak. My lower radiator hose leaked twice untill I put a new hose on it & double clamped it.
Edge Insight, Autometer digital fuel PSI & EGT, 5'' MBRP Turbo Back Exhaust, RedHead gearbox, Bilsteins, Fumoto valves block & pan, Diesel Site coolant filter, Rotella ELC, Mag-Hytec diff covers, Icon dual steering stabilizers, blue spring, DC Power 185 amp, SCT Matt's SRL, on-board Battery Tender, Custom Diesel EGR delete, upd STC
Old 11-28-2011, 02:35 AM
Senior User

05 f250 6 inch lift is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
i did similar work to my truck an my waterpump went to leakin.
05 F250 CC SWB MBRP 4" turbo back,no kitty,ARP Studs,BPD EGR cooler,IPR oil cooler,Blue spring,All other motor upgrades done,6" Fabtech lift,18x10 Pro Comp Xtreme rims,37x13.5x18 Pro Comp Xtreme tires,Alpine 7' touchscreen,4 10" Kicker subs,1000 watt Hifonics amp
Old 11-28-2011, 09:01 AM
Posting Guru

Unrealo4 has a very good reputation on FTE.Unrealo4 has a very good reputation on FTE.Unrealo4 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Water pumps are cheap and easy on the 6.0. But I would check the upper hose connection on the thermostat housing. I could never get it to seal right away. The spring clamp Ford gives ya is garbage.
4" HOG Turbo-back, EGR Delete, Riff Raff boots, Edge Insight CS, 35x12.5 R18 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's, 3" Leveling Kit, Blue Spring, Sinister Coolant Filter, Final Charge ELC, Gearhead Custom Tunes, Rock Tamers, Snowdogg 8 1/2ft stainless steel plow
If I helped hit the "Thanks button"
Old 11-29-2011, 09:16 PM
Post Fiend

dlibson has much to be proud ofdlibson has much to be proud ofdlibson has much to be proud ofdlibson has much to be proud ofdlibson has much to be proud ofdlibson has much to be proud ofdlibson has much to be proud ofdlibson has much to be proud ofdlibson has much to be proud of
Your number 8 glow plug code is likely the glow plug controller. I've found that is often the case with those.

Old 11-29-2011, 09:51 PM
New User

viktor pugach
Thx guys today i purchased waterpu p from auto zone 117$with lifetime warranty. Installed it today it was somewhat easy to do. I notice my old water pump propeller was rubbing inside back wall of the case, I guess my shaft of water pump got bad. Will wait overnight to see if I see any drops on the floor from my new pump installation. But yes after I put everything together the upper hose clamp was giving me problems until I placed it on the original place than it stopped leaking. I hope that fixed the problem.
About the glow plug #8 is there a DIY tutorial to fix it like ficm tutorial that worked for me. Soldered few things here and there and it works like a charm. .
Anyone seen anything like that.? Ot to buy new gpcm
Old 11-29-2011, 11:04 PM
Post Fiend

dlibson has much to be proud ofdlibson has much to be proud ofdlibson has much to be proud ofdlibson has much to be proud ofdlibson has much to be proud ofdlibson has much to be proud ofdlibson has much to be proud ofdlibson has much to be proud ofdlibson has much to be proud of
I've always replaced them. Not sure if there is a fix or not...

Old 11-29-2011, 11:24 PM
New User

viktor pugach
Thx Dlibson. i guess from next pay check im going to change that also. right now it starts with no problem no hesitation, but prob will notice the difference when cold days roles in.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:24 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
06, 60, 60l, coolant, cover, f250, f350, fluid, ford, front, hose, leak, leaking, radiator, upper