Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2009+ F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2009+ F150 Discuss the 2009 through 2014 Ford F150 SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-24-2011, 07:21 AM
Junior User

michael cook is starting off with a positive reputation.
locking gas cap

I have a 2011 f150 with the no cap system !!! any way of putting a locking gas cap on got my tank siphoned last night *******s
Old 11-24-2011, 08:22 AM
New User

gabino is starting off with a positive reputation.
Click Image to Enlarge
******** type=text/javascript> jQuery("#product-image").fancybo{ 'titlePosition' : 'inside', 'padding' : 30, 'overlayColor' : '#fff', 'overlayOpacity' : 0.2 });*********>Locking Fuel plug

Part No: 8U5Z-9C268-B

Get local pricing

Turn tampering away - enhance your peace of mind with this precision-fit fuel plug.
  • Easy on and off at the twist of a key.
  • For Use with Capless Fuel Filler System.

View Compatible Vehicles
Old 11-24-2011, 10:45 AM
Elder User

Chris Anchor is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Chris Anchor is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Buy the Ford part don't buy aftermarket-they don't work as well. Chris
Old 11-24-2011, 01:35 PM
Junior User

stormsearch is starting off with a positive reputation.
You do have a capping system, it is automatic. All previous F150's didn't have "locking" capping systems either and would have been siphoned a little bit easier than what you have now. Be fortunate that they didn't puncture your tank instead.

Also - make sure it simply isn't a fautly gas gauge reading
Old 11-24-2011, 02:01 PM
Junior User

cap

When I parked my truck last night my dash showed 145 miles to empty then this morning 16 miles to empty
Old 11-24-2011, 04:33 PM

tseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputation
A couple of years ago, criminals in the neighboring city were drilling holes in the fuel tanks of larger trucks and larger SUV's to obviously get the gas. The tank cannot be siphoned anyway so vandalism gains the perps access to your hard earned stuff.

So the point is, why spend $25 bucks to prevent something that cannot be stopped anyway? My neighbor got one from the Ford dealer for his 2010 Lariat. I just don't see the point but that's just me.
2010 Ford Focus
2004 Expedition XLT 4x2

FTE Guidelines
Old 11-24-2011, 04:53 PM
Senior User

ebexp94 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tseekins View Post
A couple of years ago, criminals in the neighboring city were drilling holes in the fuel tanks of larger trucks and larger SUV's to obviously get the gas. The tank cannot be siphoned anyway so vandalism gains the perps access to your hard earned stuff.

So the point is, why spend $25 bucks to prevent something that cannot be stopped anyway? My neighbor got one from the Ford dealer for his 2010 Lariat. I just don't see the point but that's just me.
Peace of mind is certainly worth something. I lock my doors at night, even though glass windows can be broken.

As for the gas tank getting drilled, I would be calling my insurance company and letting them pay for a new tank. If my gas got siphoned, I'm sure my insurance company wouldn't be willing to pay out considering I could be lying and just want free gas.

At any rate, according to the salesman at my dealership, there is a valve in the filler neck that requires the pressure of gas getting poured in to open, thus it can not be siphoned. Not saying this is fact, but it would make sense.

2011 F150 5.0 SCab XLT Offroad
(3.73 E-Locking Rearend, Bedrug, Extang Tuff Tonneau, Harley Tail Lamps, Smittybilt Bullbar, KC Daylighter Offroad Lights)
Old 11-24-2011, 05:02 PM
Elder User

Chris Anchor is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Chris Anchor is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tseekins View Post

I have mine locked not for the removal of gas but for the dumping of something in my tank (sugar/filings/etc). My business and location could tend to make my truck a target. Chris
Old 11-25-2011, 05:43 AM
Elder User

shortride is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I think it would be great if ford would build our trucks with the lockable outer fuel door with the release inside the cab like some cars have.
Old 11-25-2011, 05:21 PM

tseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputation
I love it just the way it is.
2010 Ford Focus
2004 Expedition XLT 4x2

FTE Guidelines
Old 11-25-2011, 05:31 PM

meborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud of
I can see a market for an externally lockable fuel door, something akin to the billet style caps i've seen. The fuel door cover just slides off anyway if you just give it a tug
Be yourself - Always ... Unless you can be Batman, then Always be Batman
Old 11-28-2011, 07:09 PM
Junior User

Aquik72 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Lockable fuel is the way to go, have had them on every truck I owned. Have one on order for the Platinum..

And oh yes for summer fun " 72 Chevelle Super Sport, Supercharged 468"
2003 Yamaha WR450
1991 Pontiac Formula 5.7 Liter
2006 Hertz Shelby
Old 11-30-2011, 03:47 AM
Junior User

cap

I ordered one from the dealer last friday came in today works great easy to use will see how it goes with thieves
Old 11-30-2011, 12:20 PM
Posting Guru

shotgunz is a name known to allshotgunz is a name known to allshotgunz is a name known to allshotgunz is a name known to allshotgunz is a name known to allshotgunz is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael cook View Post
my tank siphoned last night *******s
No it didn't.

But glad to know you like your new cap.

My fuel mileage: http://www.fuelly.com/driver/shotgun/f150
Old 11-30-2011, 03:32 PM
Junior User

tttttttt

explain further!!!!!!
Old 11-30-2011, 03:32 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2009+ F150

Tags
2011, 86, article, cap, dashboard, f150, fit, ford, gas, general, insurance, locking, patriot, powered, truck