1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Anyone else rather spend T-day with their FTE family?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 04:24 PM
brain75
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone else rather spend T-day with their FTE family?

Home for the holidays?

Ok so I figure most of the guys here are married / married and fathers, but I am curious - since you all are my family, what is the family up to. I have some family here, but they are fam-damily and there is some dhrama so I will spend a chunk of the time to myself (or online here with you fellows hiding from the wife).

Not a blue mopey type so this isn't a plea for a pick-me-up or nothing.

Just curious what's my other family is up to tomorrow (I'd ask if anyone wants to catch a beer in the evening, but the "heat is on" in Colorado - working for the courts I can't afford that).

Old 11-23-2011, 04:37 PM
yamagrant
Lead Driver
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Our t-day was Oct. 10th so I'll be working / montoring FTE. I'm in the transport industry and all our U.S. trucks are loaded and heading home, so it will be very quite here tomorrow. Have a great holiday.

Old 11-23-2011, 04:43 PM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
I don't know for sure if I would want to spend Thanksgiving with ya'll - Can you imagine the scrap that would occur at the table when it came time to pass the food around - It goes to the right, no to the left - Hey Bob quit hoggin all the cranberry sauce - Throw me a bun , Hey not the whole basket - Then there would be the after dinner fight to see who got the couch or the recliner for the after dinner nap ( After eating a big meal blood rushes to the digestive system to do its thing, this causes a lowering of oxygen to the brain - Low oxygen to the brain is known as hypoxia and will cause you to pass out - Thats why I always rush to the couch to lie down and prevent myself from injuries do to falling) - Then there is the problem of what to watch on TV or should we be fireing up the X-box.
I think I'll just stay at home, fix my Turkey Breast dinner and think about hooking up with you folks at a show and grilling burgers, dogs and wurst.
Have a good whatever

Old 11-23-2011, 05:31 PM
rhopper
Fleet Mechanic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm heading 100 miles east, to Kit Carson. Have family there on a big ranch. Great people. After dinner, we usually go out back and shoot clay birds for awhile before desert.

Old 11-23-2011, 05:47 PM
GB SISSON
Lead Driver
Received 90 Likes on 47 Posts
I know about drama on the holidays. Don't get me started. This one's looking to be a hum-dinger. Amongst other things, the great 6 year old kid in this photo is 17 now and he decided he wants to hang out with some of his new(much older) friends tomorrow instead of his 3 older siblings and the rest of us losers. I know it will pass. I just can hardly wait.

Attached Images  
Old 11-23-2011, 05:56 PM
jmadsen
Logistics Pro
Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by brain75
Home for the holidays?

and there is some dhrama so I will spend a chunk of the time to myself (or online here with you fellows hiding from the wife).

Just curious what's my other family is up to tomorrow (I'd ask if anyone wants to catch a beer in the evening, but the "heat is on" in Colorado - working for the courts I can't afford that).

Yes, Drama is On! I was just saying a coupe, weeks ago that I am ready for January to be here already..... Im getting the guilt trips from both ends this year, Geeeze

Tomorrow Morning its up early to make some Irish Coffee and then some to go, My Daughter is running a 5k. then to inlaws, probably refresh the Irish Coffee since mine will have been long gone and I'll be frozen.
Then once warmed up. Egg Nog time and lazing around till dinner, If I can last that long. lol
Im sure I'll be on here too, probably just with my crappy phone though...

Should be a quiet afternoon/evening compared to some of the brawls in the Past.. maybe we will have to escape to a little cabin in the woods somewhere for christmas to avoid the group/drama.

Have a good thanksgiving everyone.

Josh

oh, I stopped off at a pick and pull tonight on my way back to the office and was checking out a 67 Buick with the finned drums and a 57 Thunderbird when a couple came walking by me swearing and screeaming obscenities at each other about who was and wasn't cooking and going to someone's fat daughters house etc etc. I had to smile to myself, thinking buddy, next time carry your own dAMN tools out there so you can work in peace! hahahaha

Old 11-23-2011, 05:58 PM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
Door's always open. Just bring your own turkey, I'll provide the bull.

Old 11-23-2011, 06:28 PM
firstrider
Logistics Pro

Received 119 Likes on 57 Posts
Repairing rot on some Magic Air heater parts ,consuming some Coor's Lite with Wis. cheese snacks , watching the PACKERS go for 11-0 consuming more Coor's lite , and then dinner with wife , father -in-law , and her sister .

Old 11-23-2011, 06:37 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
I'll be spending the day with my Mom and step-dad, at least I don't have to worry about drama with them. If I had to spend it with the rest of my family... well, I think I would have to run away and hide.

Old 11-23-2011, 06:38 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,051 Likes on 802 Posts
For the last 24 years it has been the same, go to the in-laws where my goofy father-in-law will stoke up the fireplace insert no matter if it's 20° or 80° outside, he'll make sure it hot as he. My wife's goofier aunt(it runs in their family) will talk to me like I'm a ten year old. I've learned to just not say anything and endure these people.

Any time spent with my in-laws has always been a joy and it's only gets worse as the years pass. Just say I'd rather spend a day with them than get my teeth pulled but that's about the only thing I'd rather not do than spend time with my in-laws. There's a lot of other things I'd rather be doing.

While we're having dinner my father-in-law will have my mother-in-law run around the house getting things that he could easily get himself or turning on the light switch that's 3 feet from him while sitting at the table. Then after we eat my in-laws and the aunt will sit around for a few hours talking about all the old German farm families that used to live in the area, people I don't know and don't care to know about. Then when the temperature in the house gets too unbearable to stand I'll get cranky and want to leave but my will get upset with me because she wants to stay.

It's not like we seldom see my in-laws. We've lived a half mile away from them since we got married and they come to family farm we live on every single day to do their farm chores. In 24 years my father-in-law has never said "Good morning", I gave up saying "Good morning" to him years ago.

Yes, I'd definitely would rather be here on FTE than with my wife's family any day. At least here I have a 500% better chance of having an intelligent conversation with people who know what is going on in the world and I think most here would think I have some intelligence unlike my in-laws.

Oh, well, why should Thanksgiving be any different than any other day?

Old 11-23-2011, 07:25 PM
brain75
Elder User
I promise not to blackmail anyone with admissions like that. (and please don't speak up if you think they'll ever read this - you'll be in hot water and it will be MY fault for asking :P )

Old 11-23-2011, 07:27 PM
brain75
Elder User
I don't have in-laws btw. A curse I have never had to deal with - I got enough drama in the family I got... perhaps on second thought I think I will have that beer.

Old 11-23-2011, 07:36 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,051 Likes on 802 Posts
Originally Posted by brain75
I promise not to blackmail anyone with admissions like that. (and please don't speak up if you think they'll ever read this - you'll be in hot water and it will be MY fault for asking :P )
Don't worry, my in-laws don't even know how to turn a computer on and my wife wouldn't have the slightest desire to visit this board. She doesn't have any interest in my old truck hobby. Now if it was a board discussing how to breed a cow or how to do some other totally disgusting farm related topic she'd be all over it but first she'd have to figure out how to find it.

Old 11-23-2011, 07:39 PM
teardropty
Posting Guru
Spending the day taking the 54 out. I refused to put the old girl (the truck, not the girlfriend) away this year until Jan. 2. We have a local Turkey Day Parade and I was asked to drive the 54 down Main Street. I have a flatbed on the truck and the blow up Santa and Reindeer fits real well on the back. I will bring up the tail end of the parade. The evening will be spent thumbing through the parts catalogs looking for parts to buy for Christmas. Yes, I buy the truck Christmas gifts... much to the dismay of the relatives (they get nothing because they have been naughty this year). May everyone in FTE land have a safe and happy Turkey Day!

Old 11-23-2011, 07:50 PM
carnut122
Posting Guru
I'm spending the day with my 2 kids who are home for a day from college. We'll go to the in-laws ( who I have very high regards for as they've always been there when I/we needed them-besides, they're in their late 70's so I don't pass up opportunities to spend some time with them)and have a traditional feast. I'll eat so much that eating the rest of the week will be optional. Now for my own mom, I doubt that I'll even call her; go ahead and read between those lines.

Quick Reply: Anyone else rather spend T-day with their FTE family?