1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Anyone else rather spend T-day with their FTE family?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 06:28 PM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 124 Likes on 54 Posts
Lol. I thought about you today when I snuck away from the dinner table and switched my moms thermostat to COOL. Come on down Bob. I don't think like a farmer. I just keep the weeds cut back and the livestock fed. As a matter of fact, I sold all of my cattle this past week. I will get a few more in the spring. I needed a break from the glorious mud, water, ice, and cow **** for the winter. Heck I don't even like to talk about farming much right now. For the first time in about 7 years, I don't have some animal yelling at me as I go up the driveway.

Old 11-24-2011, 06:35 PM
jmadsen
Logistics Pro
Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
My just turned 9 yr old took 3rd place out of about 85 entries in the 11 and under girls.

just getting ready to go eat some turkey. happy t day all...

Old 11-24-2011, 06:40 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,051 Likes on 802 Posts
Doc,

I thought we got away from most of the stupid animals 7-8 years ago when my in-laws retired from dairy farming. We had some beef animals and chickens left which don't take nearly as much work as diary animal but then my in-laws got the genius idea to set my oldest kid up in a brand new state of the art milking operation. The problem was no one really consulted me about it. I knew about it but I'm just a stupid city boy who doesn't know anything so my opinion doesn't mean much. Well, it seems I know enough to rewire the barn, wire the new milking operation and pay for all that and the up grade of the electrical system coming into the farm. Oh, yeah, I'm also just smart enough to fix the broke down machinery and put up new gates but I'm not smart enough for much else. Oh yeah, I'm also smart enough to funnel profits from the business I work at for 60+ hour a week into this financial fiasco.

So there lies the reason I am enjoying life so much and I enjoy spending time with my family. FTE is one of the great escapes from reality i have.

Old 11-24-2011, 06:42 PM
carnut122
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jmadsen
My just turned 9 yr old took 3rd place out of about 85 entries in the 11 and under girls.

just getting ready to go eat some turkey. happy t day all...
Tell her congratulations. So, what place did you come in? I got 1st place through the Thanksgiving dinner line. Score!

Old 11-24-2011, 07:02 PM
firstrider
Logistics Pro

Received 119 Likes on 57 Posts
Day went according to plan wih a perk !!

1. Repaired the rot on some Magic Air heater parts

2. Coors lite w/ Wis cheese snacks

3 Saint Aaron and the PACKERS went 11-0

4 .Coors lite ,shrimp & cashews before dinner at the in-laws

5. Little woman made an awesome turkey dinner

6 Sold restored '52 3 pc. fresh air tube on ebay for $136.00 ( have many more )

Old 11-25-2011, 02:57 AM
BlueOvalRage
Cargo Master

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
I hope everybody had a good (or at least tolerable!) Thanksgiving. I wasn't too hopeful at first this year. I haven't really mentioned it around here, but after a couple years of marital decline, my wife moved out a couple of months ago. I didn't feel like following my dad to his family's traditional dinner and dealing with a bunch of questions about where my wife and the kids were so I had planned on just hanging out at home with the dog and maybe grilling a steak. Not very festive or social, but what the hell, right? At least it beats another undercooked and barely edible turkey dinner at the in-law's followed by 24 hours camped out on "the throne".

My sister called this afternoon and changed my plans, though. I ended up meeting her, her boyfriend, and her HOT best friend for dinner at Golden Corral. I ate until I couldn't take it any more, didn't have to wash the first dish, and finished the evening off watching movies on this cute blonde's couch until the wee hours. Now THAT'S something to be thankful for!!

Old 11-25-2011, 07:00 AM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
One day, One meal - Diet blown

EDIT: Turkey Day Part Deus - The request Turkey sandwich has been consumed

Old 11-25-2011, 08:16 AM
Rojak
Posting Guru
Livin' the dream Rage! You the man. Does the new hottie like Ford trucks?

Old 11-25-2011, 08:49 AM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,051 Likes on 802 Posts
Well, I made it through the second barage, now it it's another day. Now I can start thinking about everything I have to get done.

BOR, although it been a rough go for a while sounds like you had a pretty good Thanksgiving. Hope everything works out for you.

Old 11-25-2011, 08:59 AM
carnut122
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by BlueOvalRage
I hope everybody had a good (or at least tolerable!) Thanksgiving. I wasn't too hopeful at first this year. I haven't really mentioned it around here, but after a couple years of marital decline, my wife moved out a couple of months ago. I didn't feel like following my dad to his family's traditional dinner and dealing with a bunch of questions about where my wife and the kids were so I had planned on just hanging out at home with the dog and maybe grilling a steak. Not very festive or social, but what the hell, right? At least it beats another undercooked and barely edible turkey dinner at the in-law's followed by 24 hours camped out on "the throne".

My sister called this afternoon and changed my plans, though. I ended up meeting her, her boyfriend, and her HOT best friend for dinner at Golden Corral. I ate until I couldn't take it any more, didn't have to wash the first dish, and finished the evening off watching movies on this cute blonde's couch until the wee hours. Now THAT'S something to be thankful for!!
Just when you thought you'd have nothing to be thankful for!

Old 11-25-2011, 12:18 PM
jmadsen
Logistics Pro
Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by carnut122
Tell her congratulations. So, what place did you come in? I got 1st place through the Thanksgiving dinner line. Score!

lol, Ya I didn't run. I'm not a runner so I kept my coffee warm and cheered.

BOR Glad you had a good day and didn't have to spend it alone.

I fared ok, other than my inlaws were watching my brother in laws little rat dog and the sucker latched onto my thumb and wouldn't let go, had to grab him with my left to get him off and ended up with 5 or 6 nice puncture's in my hands and fingers I think she was just scared from my sisiter in laws big dog. but I sure was'nt expecting it. lol.

Old 11-25-2011, 05:04 PM
brain75
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well i got messages crossed and drove to ma's yesterday. Now am having t-day here in a few today, i am at the madres now. I went to the 'yard this morning, got a spare tire carrier, jack, jack handle, tire iron, and jack mount/hanger along with some stuff for ma (ranger and contour parts). I claim I am done, but somehow I am still workin on it. If anyone cares to entertain me, I'm sittin on the couch watchin 'the santa clause' and could definitely use a respite.... and the niece and nephew don't get here for another hour - ugh.

Old 11-25-2011, 09:31 PM
firstrider
Logistics Pro

Received 119 Likes on 57 Posts
When the family thing gets too hard to handle tune in the comedy channel ( channel 140 on att u-verse ) and watch some Jeff Dunham . He iis fricken hilarious !!!! See episode "Controled Chaos "

Old 11-29-2011, 04:23 AM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
OURS WAS PRETTY GOOD, HAD SOME RELITIVES FROM MY WIFES SIDE COME UP TO HAVE TDAY WITH US FROM TEXAS, COMPLAINED THE WHOLE TIME ABOUT HOW COLD IT WAS AND THEY DIDNT GET TO SHOP ENOUGH.. THEY WANTED TO SEE MOOSE BUT DIDNT WANT TO GO OUTSIDE. I GET SO SICK OF PEOPLE FROM THE LOWER 48 STATES SOMETIMES, GET REAL, IF YOUR COMMING TO ALASKA IN NOVEMBER DONT THINK ITS A TROPICAL PARADISE WITH THE MALL OF AMERICA IN IT. FRIGGIN TEXAS TARDS.

Old 11-29-2011, 06:28 AM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by b-uno
OURS WAS PRETTY GOOD, HAD SOME RELITIVES FROM MY WIFES SIDE COME UP TO HAVE TDAY WITH US FROM TEXAS, COMPLAINED THE WHOLE TIME ABOUT HOW COLD IT WAS AND THEY DIDNT GET TO SHOP ENOUGH.. THEY WANTED TO SEE MOOSE BUT DIDNT WANT TO GO OUTSIDE. I GET SO SICK OF PEOPLE FROM THE LOWER 48 STATES SOMETIMES, GET REAL, IF YOUR COMMING TO ALASKA IN NOVEMBER DONT THINK ITS A TROPICAL PARADISE WITH THE MALL OF AMERICA IN IT. FRIGGIN TEXAS TARDS.
I hear this, too from time to time, lol. "Wanna see a moose?, well I can take ya there, but can't guarantee anything." or "It's too cold." "Yeah, well wait until January." or " I want to go to the mall of America." ...oh, wait a minute.

Quick Reply: Anyone else rather spend T-day with their FTE family?