1957 - 1960 F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Box Style Ford Trucks

Must say goodbye to the '59 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 03:12 PM
BMANSDAD
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Must say goodbye to the '59 4x4

Sadly, my son and I have to part with the '59 4x4. It's a very difficult decision to make, but, with my son in college, me having re-injured my back, a lack of finances (due to the back injury) and no place to store it, the truck has to go. Better in the hands of someone that would appreciate it than sitting in the side yard rusting and rotting away.

My question. How do I find a fair value for this thing? If you click on the link in my signature, you can see the condition it is in. It has a few minor rust spots, the motor is original, but tired, the brakes need work and the driver wiper arm fell off. Other than that, it's really in great shape. Everything else works. The interior is great as you can tell in the pictures. We aren't looking to make a killing on it, just looking for a fair valuation. Once we have some numbers, we can work on selling it.

As usual, I appreciate the knowledge ya'll are so willing to share.

-Dave

Old 11-23-2011, 06:20 PM
Rusting-Nuts
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi ya BMANSDAD, I am sorry to hear you have to let this wonderful old truck go. If you were closer to me I would really be interested in it myself. Now I am no expert on the value of these old trucks so keep in mind this is just my opinion. I would guess that truck should bring something between 4 or 5 grand if the mechanicals are sound. Maybe even a bit more as it looks pretty rust free. Now if it still needs brake and engine work etc, somewhat less perhaps. I would think 3500 if it didn't even run. Remember I am just throwing out numbers base on some pics so I could be way off. I hope some of the other guys will chime in here and tell us what they think. I wish you the best of luck with the sale of your truck. I hope someone on FTE gives it a new home so we can keep up with its future. Also truck or not stop back and say hey to the fourm when you can and hope your back heals up well for you. ( been there myself )

Jack..

Old 11-23-2011, 06:35 PM
ibuzzard
Panties NOT in a Twist

Received 288 Likes on 199 Posts
Again,very sorry you have to let it go.If you can wait till late Spring or Summer,it would surely fetch more money.Also,since it 59 was the first year for factory Ford 4 wheel drive,I believe it is a desirable truck.Some guys who are into them will be able to give you an accurate value.I'm saying that if still in the condition shown in the photos, at least 6K, and possibly a good deal more.It would be impossible to take one to the condition of yours for that money.

Note:The more I look at your photos,the more I'm impressed.I think it will be worth a good deal to the right person.

Old 11-23-2011, 09:25 PM
thundersnow70
Fleet Mechanic
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
sorry to hear the sad news bman. i'm with buzz on this one. i would say at least 6k. 59- first year of the factory 4x4. custom cab! flareside bed, and on and on. its got almost all the good stuff, should have been a f250 but you have everything else. i figure mine is a at least a $3000 truck and i couldnt get to your level for another 3k. again, sorry to hear the bad news, hope it all works out and hope you get a good price because it looks like someone is gonna get a great truck. if i had the money and room i would be headed your way. good luck!

Old 11-27-2011, 03:35 PM
idaho211
Tuned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Sorry to hear about your situation.Just my plug but minimal rust adds value. Taking into account, brakes, eventual engine rebuild I would say 5-7K but with the economy the way it is 4-6K. I agree though if you can wait until spring the price would go up. Let us know if you hold on to it. You can always put a cover on it and out of sight out of mind. Hate to see you sell it since it is family and all but I do understand your situation. Good luck and let us know what you do.

Old 11-28-2011, 08:42 AM
jmadsen
Logistics Pro
Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
I remember when you first joined and posted pictures of that truck, I love that truck. wasn't it a California Truck? did you move to Colorado from California?

I'm of no help on value but hope you get a good price for it, or if things could turn around somehow for you to be able keep it.
Good Luck

Josh

Old 11-29-2011, 08:26 AM
Tomget
Posting Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Dave

Sorry you have to give up your truck. I'm sure you don't want to. If you were closer to me I'd be interested--I could use a four wheeler for my light off road duties in my agri job.

Wish you all the best on that.

Tom