Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Florida Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Florida Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: jimmyb08SD

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-22-2011, 07:23 PM
Elder User

809taino has a great reputation on FTE.809taino has a great reputation on FTE.809taino has a great reputation on FTE.809taino has a great reputation on FTE.809taino has a great reputation on FTE.
Chapter badges?

I noticed our chapter has no badges or design. Im a graphic designer by hobby and i couldn't resist the temptation to put something together exclusively for our Florida chapter. I put a watermark on it until ford aproves my request to use their logo.

Click the image to open in full size.
Air Force edition.
Old 11-22-2011, 10:40 PM
Why yes, it is that big..

hardRESET is a splendid one to beholdhardRESET is a splendid one to beholdhardRESET is a splendid one to beholdhardRESET is a splendid one to beholdhardRESET is a splendid one to beholdhardRESET is a splendid one to behold
kevin@thecomputergnome.com kevin@thecomputergnome.com
Thumbs up Thumbs up...

809taino, I for one like it. I especially like the inside, but maybe thinking the border is a little wide. I do like the 3D look as well.
Old 11-22-2011, 11:19 PM
Elder User

809taino has a great reputation on FTE.809taino has a great reputation on FTE.809taino has a great reputation on FTE.809taino has a great reputation on FTE.809taino has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardRESET View Post
809taino, I for one like it. I especially like the inside, but maybe thinking the border is a little wide. I do like the 3D look as well.
Your right, That was a little wide. How's this?
also any visible pixels will be smoothed out when finalized in my vectors
software. It would be high resolution with a light shine.
this is a jpeg image at low rez. Just a sample.

There may be an issue with releasing this as a sticker to sell do to copyrights of the ford logo. But I mean it's actually promoting ford. So it's free advertising for them.

I would love to give them away for free but I have to take in account the ink, sticker paper and shipping. About $3.50.

I think it would be a great way to gain more members to the site and get more people asking questions about the chapter. Ford also has something to gain since we're promoting them as well.

I'll just have to wait and see what the chapter leader thinks of the whole idea.
Air Force edition.
Old 11-22-2011, 11:22 PM

hardRESET is a splendid one to beholdhardRESET is a splendid one to beholdhardRESET is a splendid one to beholdhardRESET is a splendid one to beholdhardRESET is a splendid one to beholdhardRESET is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up Thumbs up...

I like that one better, and I know this is not the proof but some of the screws are not in line.
Old 11-23-2011, 12:04 AM
Elder User

Quote:
I like that one better, and I know this is not the proof but some of the screws are not in line.
The story of my life....lol..

good eye

Air Force edition.
Old 11-23-2011, 02:03 PM
Elder User

Ford logo for sticker permission request from ford. Waiting on approval.

Quote:
I emailed ford about the use of their logo to put on a sticker and they quickly replied with this..

"Dear Mr. Ramirez,
Thank you for contacting Ford Motor Company on 11/23/2011 12:53:46 PM.

We appreciate the time you have taken to write us.
We are happy to hear about your interest in the Ford Motor Company and thank you for your Ford loyalty. Ford Motor Company trademarks and vehicle images are some of the most recognized in the world. Ford takes a tremendous amount of pride in this, and considers its trademarks and vehicle images to be among its most valuable assets. In an effort to both enhance and protect the value of the Ford name and image, Ford is constantly engaged in both promoting its trademarks and policing their use to ensure persons and businesses authorized to do so use the trademarks in an acceptable manner.
If you and/or your organization wish to utilize Ford Motor Company trademarks and or vehicles in a book, magazine, promotion, advertisement, website or any other medium, please visit https://fordbrandlicensing.com/Default.asp to begin the process of obtaining the necessary permission."

I submited a CLUB/ENTHUSIAST PERMISSION REQUEST to use the logo and I should hear something from them in 5-7 buisness days.

When They approve i'll be making one for any chapterleader that requests a sticker for their chapter.
Air Force edition.
Old 11-23-2011, 03:03 PM
Dirty Old Man in training

BassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputation
Regardless of what Ford says, "ya done good".
Old 11-23-2011, 03:03 PM
You'll shoot your eye out

TXtinct has a superb reputationTXtinct has a superb reputationTXtinct has a superb reputationTXtinct has a superb reputationTXtinct has a superb reputationTXtinct has a superb reputationTXtinct has a superb reputationTXtinct has a superb reputationTXtinct has a superb reputationTXtinct has a superb reputationTXtinct has a superb reputation
I'm no chapter leader but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express, if they approve it Texas needs one.
Old 11-23-2011, 03:23 PM
Dirty Old Man in training

BassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputation
Sorry TX... That deserves reps, but I'm tapped...
Old 11-23-2011, 03:33 PM

TXtinct has a superb reputationTXtinct has a superb reputationTXtinct has a superb reputationTXtinct has a superb reputationTXtinct has a superb reputationTXtinct has a superb reputationTXtinct has a superb reputationTXtinct has a superb reputationTXtinct has a superb reputationTXtinct has a superb reputationTXtinct has a superb reputation
LOL, me too for today.
Old 11-23-2011, 03:34 PM
Posting Guru

jasonodsky is a splendid one to beholdjasonodsky is a splendid one to beholdjasonodsky is a splendid one to beholdjasonodsky is a splendid one to beholdjasonodsky is a splendid one to beholdjasonodsky is a splendid one to beholdjasonodsky is a splendid one to behold
I'd rally up the Wisconsin Chapter leader too.
Old 11-23-2011, 04:59 PM
FTE SoCal Chapter LDR

wpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputation
Don't forget the Golden State!

Join the So Cal chapter here
Be Like Steve
Old 11-23-2011, 05:26 PM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXtinct View Post
I'm no chapter leader but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express, if they approve it Texas needs one.
Sure thing.. I can run with the same plate look. or something totaly different.
Here is a sample:

Air Force edition.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:17 PM

Thumbs up Opinions are like...

I am just throwing this out there, but I would lean towards a consistency for the overall look for the FTE site and make the inside unique for each chapter with the state outline or what you may have for the state license plates.

My vote...
Old 11-23-2011, 07:35 PM

Looks cool... I would rep you but I'm spent for the day.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:35 PM