Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > North Carolina Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

North Carolina Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:ncheavymetal

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-21-2011, 03:35 PM
NC Chapter Czar

ncheavymetal is a name known to allncheavymetal is a name known to allncheavymetal is a name known to allncheavymetal is a name known to allncheavymetal is a name known to allncheavymetal is a name known to all
Winter 2011/2012 General BS

I thought with some new members we could have a general BS thread for the winter season.

Maybe some folks will share some basic info about their ford trucks and themselves.

Maybe someone took a nice long trip and wants to brag about their rig.

Who went mudding and broke something.

How many deer can you really fit in a F250 bed?

Or just stop in to say hi.

I'll say that recently I've been doing a lot of people hauling. I haven't been offroad much lately. Not real off roading at least. I still try and find all the mud puddles and will occasionally hit a forest road.

It's nice to have the excursion when we have a crowd in town. For example we had a truck full going to the State-Carolina game. Eight people and all the tailgating supplies you could need. We had a blast and even went to the red and white game after State whooped up on the tarbabies. I don't drink alcohol anymore so I do a bit of DD and to be able to safely load everyone up and haul them around makes for a fun time. And we always have a gaggle of kids in the back. Just this weekend I had seven kids loaded up for a fun day. I haven't been hunting yet this season but hope to over Thanksgiving. I may even get a little dirty down east and hit some trails. I'll try to take some photos if I get the chance.

Anyone else want to share or just say hi?

Ya'll have a good week and Happy Thanksgiving.
Join the NC Chapter
Old 11-24-2011, 08:43 PM
Guns Dont Kill People..

schlepprock250 has a great reputation on FTE.schlepprock250 has a great reputation on FTE.schlepprock250 has a great reputation on FTE.schlepprock250 has a great reputation on FTE.schlepprock250 has a great reputation on FTE.schlepprock250 has a great reputation on FTE.
fordf250guy
Winter is definitely my favorite season,I love the cold(we had a hot summer),we have a big family so Christmas is always a blast,also every year,the week after Christmas we always road trip with the TT to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge/Dollywood for a week,ever ridden a roller coaster when it's 35 degrees out...woowoo...
Phil Late'99 F-250 SuperDuty 4x4 SB CC SRW 7.3 4"TurboBack SS Exhaust(muffled) DP-Tuner:No Start,Stock,High Idle,60Tow,Decel,80Tow,80Econo,120Race,Lope Idle AIH Delete OBA Isspro EV2 Gauges Boost/Trans/Pyro Billet T-Stat Housing(195 Stat) BTS ValveBody Spicer/Custom Driveline(front & rear) ATS Housing HPX FRX Wrapped 6637 6.0 Trans.cooler Bellowed Up Pipes GPR LED Tank Mods Pre Pump Filter Riffraff I/C Boots W/Riffraff Plenum Inserts.50 mod Warn Hubs Firestone Ride Rites B.E.S.T. Map PAA Member # 34
Old 11-28-2011, 09:14 AM
NC Chapter Czar

ncheavymetal is a name known to allncheavymetal is a name known to allncheavymetal is a name known to allncheavymetal is a name known to allncheavymetal is a name known to allncheavymetal is a name known to all
Quote:
Christmas we always road trip with the TT to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge/Dollywood for a week,ever ridden a roller coaster when it's 35 degrees
Sounds like fun. That's a beautiful area.
Join the NC Chapter
Old 11-28-2011, 09:27 AM
NC Chapter Czar

Hope eveyone had a good thanksgiving and weekend.

We did for sure. Nice break from work. Spending time with the family. I didn't get to hunt but no big deal. I did get on some dirt roads for a bit. Nothing major and never even swapped into 4wd. But the scenery was pretty and it's nice to get out.

Click the image to open in full size.

All three of my football teams won this weekend.

The Garner Trojans won Friday night. I was able to stream the game on my phone which was cool. They play Page High for the 4AA state championship this weekend at Wake Forest University Stadium. Both teams are undefeated. Should be a barn burner.

The heart attack Pack Came back for a big win against the lowly Twerps on Saturday. Listened to the game on the radio on the road.

And the Panthers finally pulled out a road win, against the Colts.

Ya'll have a good week.
Join the NC Chapter
Old 11-28-2011, 04:15 PM
Posting Legend

dustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputation
Hello North Carolina. Been a while since I stopped in, We haven't been back down to our property in Lumberton since last fall, since I got hurt. All the surgerys are done, and I'm learning to walk again, so come spring, I'll be ready to visit again!

Charlie slackmaster #26
"A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely fool proof, is to underestimate the ingenuity of a complete fool."
Old 11-29-2011, 09:20 AM
NC Chapter Czar

Quote:
We haven't been back down to our property in Lumberton since last fall, since I got hurt. All the surgerys are done, and I'm learning to walk again
What the heck happened? Sorry to hear about your misfourtune. Hope things are on the mend.
Join the NC Chapter
Old 12-05-2011, 08:59 AM
NC Chapter Czar

Anyone else had difficulty logging in lately? Sometimes I can only log in from my phone and even then it hasn't been 100%. Posting from phone now. Just curious.

Otherwise, hope everyone has a good week.
Join the NC Chapter
Old 12-05-2011, 12:18 PM
Posting Legend

dustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputation
I got hurt at work.

My phone won't work on the site, I think they are aware of it. With your computer, you have to log off/on sometimes to make it work.

Charlie slackmaster #26
"A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely fool proof, is to underestimate the ingenuity of a complete fool."
Old 12-19-2011, 09:24 AM
Super Moderator

powerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputation
Good morning North Carolina!

Here's wishing all of you and your families a safe and joyous holiday.
2011 F-350 4x4 Lariat Ultimate, Oxford White / Pale Adobe 6.7L PSD 3.55 ELD / Gone but not forgotten.
Moderators, Guidelines, and How They are Enforced / FTE Forum Guidelines

RIP Steve (Bricks) Price........Godspeed my good friend. RIP Paul / Hdslider.....you are truly missed.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:39 AM
NC Chapter Czar

Hope everyone had a good weekend. It's over so fast. Thursday we got free tickets to a hurricanes game and they won. Had to work late Friday but still got some good family time in that night. Woke up early Saturday and hit a local river to kayak with a long time friend. Level was loow but still fun. Spent the rest of the day helping my wife with wrapping and such. Sunday evening my kids and I were in a live nativity for our church. We were shepards.

Hockey game:

On the way to the take out:

Y'all have a good week.
Join the NC Chapter

Last edited by ncheavymetal; 12-19-2011 at 07:15 PM. Reason: added photos
Old 12-27-2011, 06:42 PM
Posting Legend

Howdee Nc.... Hope Santa treated everyone good!!!!

Charlie slackmaster #26
Old 12-29-2011, 04:18 PM
Senior User

Bill97 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncheavymetal View Post
Hope eveyone had a good thanksgiving and weekend.

We did for sure. Nice break from work. Spending time with the family. I didn't get to hunt but no big deal. I did get on some dirt roads for a bit. Nothing major and never even swapped into 4wd. But the scenery was pretty and it's nice to get out.

All three of my football teams won this weekend.

The Garner Trojans won Friday night. I was able to stream the game on my phone which was cool. They play Page High for the 4AA state championship this weekend at Wake Forest University Stadium. Both teams are undefeated. Should be a barn burner.

The heart attack Pack Came back for a big win against the lowly Twerps on Saturday. Listened to the game on the radio on the road.

And the Panthers finally pulled out a road win, against the Colts.

Ya'll have a good week.

Don't know if I can even post on this. need to apply to become a member of this chapter. I think my buddies (mechanic) son plays for the trojans. He was always telling me how his son's team is undefeated! Small world!
Old 12-29-2011, 04:30 PM
Posting Legend

Click this link Bill
Join Chapter
James will fix you right up!

Charlie slackmaster #26
Old 12-29-2011, 10:11 PM
NC Chapter Czar

Quote:
need to apply to become a member of this chapter
Should have a note about that in your inbox. Welcome to the chapter.

Quote:
James will fix you right up!
Join the NC Chapter
Old 12-31-2011, 09:32 PM
Posting Guru

gatormccluskey is a splendid one to beholdgatormccluskey is a splendid one to beholdgatormccluskey is a splendid one to beholdgatormccluskey is a splendid one to beholdgatormccluskey is a splendid one to beholdgatormccluskey is a splendid one to beholdgatormccluskey is a splendid one to behold
Happy New Year from Mississippi. Be safe
(1997 F-250 - 7.3) (2000 7.3)
(1996 F 250 - 7.3) (1999 F-250 - 7.3) (1986 250)
Old 12-31-2011, 09:32 PM