6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Finally Got my VIN # !

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 10:49 AM
FishingNut
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GZip
Update as the sticker showed up this morning:

Ordered: 12/28
VIN: 1/15
Invoiced: 1/27
Estimated Build: 2/3

Estimated delivery: week of 2/20

Mine showed up Saturday too.

Old 01-30-2012, 12:11 PM
B&LLandscaping
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got my VIN this AM!!!!!

Should be built mid Feb, delivery in late Feb, early March.

I can hardly wait.

Old 01-31-2012, 04:28 PM
Pitt4212
Junior User
VIN

I got my VIN for both my trucks and a build date for one of them as well as saw window sticker for both. My question is, is there a way to tell what exact day the truck was built from the window sticker? Just curious to whether my truck was built with a hangover on a Monday or in a rush on a Friday haha!

Old 01-31-2012, 09:33 PM
aaronbrace
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by Pitt4212
I got my VIN for both my trucks and a build date for one of them as well as saw window sticker for both. My question is, is there a way to tell what exact day the truck was built from the window sticker? Just curious to whether my truck was built with a hangover on a Monday or in a rush on a Friday haha!
The window sticker has a date on it directly to the right of the 'Method Of Transport' box at the bottom of the sticker. This is NOT the date in the white margin at the bottom as that is the date the sticker was displayed.

The date to the right of the transport will have spaces between the date elements. For example '01 27 12'. That is the date the sticker was created in the system, best that I can tell. The sticker is usually available for viewing/downloading the day after that date.

Build dates appear to be trending 7 days after the date that appears in the box.

So, using the example above, if the date on the sticker is 01 27 12 then you are looking at a build date of 02/3/12 (a Friday truck). This is not exact but based on others that have ordered it appears to be within a day or two of being correct.

---Aaron

Old 02-01-2012, 10:39 AM
Michael53
Senior User
3000 miles later

Well I started this thread back when I was anxiously awaiting the delivery of my F250 Crew Cab in November. It was built December 14th and I took delivery January 3rd, the day after I returned from Calgary for Christmas. It's been a month now and with just over 3000 miles and 3 trips to upper Wisconsin pulling snowmobille trailers, regarding the truck and my experience, all I can say is "Wow, the truck is truly amazing". My Dodge and Chevy diesel owner budies are both wow'ed as well. While my buddy's Chevy diesel is more responsive and definitely quicker I would say without testing them, my truck is a significantly nicer truck - more upscale compared to the Chevy - to be fair, he has the LT, not the LTZ. The Dodge is simply no comparison - its a work truck period - much louder and rougher all over than my Ford. On the three trips his grown kids all lobbied for me to drive - for comfort.

My only complaints are 3: 1.) Fuel mileage - the best I have seen is 17.x in daily driving and a low of 8.9 pulling a 24ft snowmobile trailer 650 miles roundtrip, 2.) Too small gas tank at 25 Gal and 3.) The worries I have now over his truck and the potential for catastrophic failure due to fuel lubricity issues and water in the fuel. As a result, I have and will continue to only buy fuel at top name brand outlets that appear to sell diesel regularly (hard to do while traveling) - yet neither of my buddies ever even think about this - they buy where it is cheapest/most convenient. I also religiously add Ford PM-22A Cetane Booster and PM-23-A Low Sulphur Anti-Gel due to cold temps. Again neither of my buddies do this - and both have owned theirs for over a year each.

I'm just saying. But other than these worries, I am ecstatic with this truck- but I do have this nagging convern I've never had with something I paid over $50K for.

Old 02-01-2012, 02:49 PM
FishingNut
Elder User
Michael53

I have been reading the threads Michael and I too am very concerned, so much so that I am debating taking delivery of mine.....and start looking at the GMC as I currently own a Chevy and was jumping ship.

Now maybe not.

Old 02-01-2012, 04:30 PM
aaronbrace
Mountain Pass
I have one on order soon. Due in about 2 weeks.

I will be taking delivery of mine.

There just isn't enough solid info on the HPFP right now to take any other course. However, there IS enough info to justify using a good lubricity and de emulsifier additive so I will be doing that from day one.

The thing that makes me the maddest is Ford's treatment of the customers regarding this. We all expect things to break but we expect them to be taken care of during the warranty period and not to have the company fight you. Oh well. If Ford screws me it will be my last Ford and they will lose a good customer.

As for mileage, 17.X is pretty good for a vehicle of this size. Right now I get 10.X in my 6.8L V10 GAS (combined city and highway) so 17.X would be a 50% increase.

I agree with you on the size of the fuel tank. 25 gallons is pretty weak. That is why I have to have a long bed.

---Aaron

Old 02-01-2012, 06:24 PM
jack_pine
Elder User

Originally Posted by aaronbrace
I have one on order soon. Due in about 2 weeks.

I will be taking delivery of mine.

There just isn't enough solid info on the HPFP right now to take any other course. However, there IS enough info to justify using a good lubricity and de emulsifier additive so I will be doing that from day one.

The thing that makes me the maddest is Ford's treatment of the customers regarding this. We all expect things to break but we expect them to be taken care of during the warranty period and not to have the company fight you. Oh well. If Ford screws me it will be my last Ford and they will lose a good customer.

As for mileage, 17.X is pretty good for a vehicle of this size. Right now I get 10.X in my 6.8L V10 GAS (combined city and highway) so 17.X would be a 50% increase.

I agree with you on the size of the fuel tank. 25 gallons is pretty weak. That is why I have to have a long bed.

---Aaron
Have had mine for 3 weeks but agree with this.......

What additives are you using?

Old 02-01-2012, 08:40 PM
RobFlag
Senior User
Ordered 8 Nov, VIN late Dec, Window Sticker mid Jan, PICKING UP FROM DEALER TOMORROW!

Old 02-02-2012, 11:44 PM
RobFlag
Senior User
It didn't happen unless there are pictures soooo... First photo is the most expensive 10 feet you ever drive, off th dealers lot. Second one was on the way home. I am SUPER impressed with this truck, the fit, finish, ride, quiet, and especially, the POWER!

Attached Images   
Old 02-03-2012, 05:46 AM
aaronbrace
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by jack_pine
Have had mine for 3 weeks but agree with this.......

What additives are you using?
I have always used Power Service for my tractor and the nastiest off-road diesel I could find . My Jeep Liberty CRD I didn't use a thing and it used a Bosch fuel system and HPFP and never had any issues (well, it was a Chrysler, it had lots of issues, but none related to the Bosch products )

For my new 6.7 that is still on its way I have ordered OptiLube. I know that the fuel additive study floating around here is pretty dated at this point and Power Service has made some improvements but it would have had to gotten 5X better to beat the OptiLube XD. Thinking that was unlikely, and absent newer data, OptiLube is what I am going with.

---Aaron

Old 02-03-2012, 05:48 AM
aaronbrace
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by RobFlag
It didn't happen unless there are pictures soooo... First photo is the most expensive 10 feet you ever drive, off th dealers lot. Second one was on the way home. I am SUPER impressed with this truck, the fit, finish, ride, quiet, and especially, the POWER!

Looks at that **** eating grin on your face!

I can't tell you how jealous I am .

Congratulations!

You are right though...Probably cost you $5k in depreciation taking delivery....The 1st day is the worst for that.

Enjoy!! I am about 2 weeks away myself.

---Aaron