Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-21-2011, 01:50 AM
New User

jrm21 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Steering wheel audio controls

Just moved from an F-250 to an F-350. I really liked the last truck, but am also enjoying the bells and whistles on the new one.

My truck is a 2011 F-350 with the "Ultimate Lariat" package. I am having some trouble figuring out one or two things with the nav/radio and steering wheel controls. Either cannot find the answer in the manuals or the manuals contain conflicting information. I was hoping someone here might know the answer.

1. When listening to sat radio, the steering wheel controls will cycle through the presents. I want it to scan through the stations. When I press up, I would like it to go from station 12 to 13 to 14, instead of preset 1 to 2 to 3. Is there any way to change this behavior?

2. The "phone" button on the steering wheel does not seem to behave as described in the manual. When I press the button it will "redial" the last called number. According to the manual, that button should also initiate a call/end a call or some other things, depending on what screen you are on. Is there a trick to getting this button to behave correctly, or am I misunderstanding what it is supposed to do?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Old 11-21-2011, 01:50 AM