Notices

Does The Rear Seat Back Fold Down?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 01:18 PM
feman
Trailering
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does The Rear Seat Back Fold Down?

I've seen photos of super cabs with the back of the rear seat folded down. I can not find a way to do that in my 2011 raptor. The manual says nothing that I can find about it. Anybody here know how to do it??

Old 10-14-2011, 02:05 PM
blondecowgirl
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
there should be either latches on the sides of bottom seat or a strap that sticks out of the top of the seat that you pull that would lower the top seat

Old 04-24-2012, 08:48 PM
gaiusgracchus
New User
Does fold down

I have the 2012 F150 XLT and when I called the service department to ask how to fold down the rear seats (not the bottom seat up -- that is easy -- the top part of the seat down) they said some can and some can't. I called several Ford dealerships and found they just did not know how.

Apparently some trucks have the latches on the rear seats on the side that make it easy, but even if they don't have that they can fold down. On the YouTube video we saw, the guy used a pair of pliers on his 2012 F150 rear latch, but on our 2012 it was so easy that you could just reach behind the seat pull on the latch with your hand and it would pop right down.

The bottom should come up first so that the headrest can come out. (At least on the 2012's the bottom seat has to come up before the headrest will come out). Then the headrest comes out easily. Then you have to feel around for the metal bracket that has a spring-loaded latch. It is on the left side on both right and left rear seats. It is a lot easier to do when you know what it looks like, and I found a picture of it on this forum:
http://www.f150forum.com/f74/how-fol...ackseat-59722/
Even though that is the 2010 it looks pretty much the same on the 2012.

When you pull the latch up with your hand, the seat comes down quite easily.

Finding the latch with your hand is not so easy the first time, maybe, especially if you have large hands.

Then to lock it back, make sure the little horizontal bar it latches to is in the right place (it moves up and down) and push the seat back. I think it won't lock if the bottom seat is in the wrong position, but I don't recall if it was up or down.

Good luck with it!

Old 11-29-2012, 04:39 PM
canadian limited
New User
it worked for me

i have 2011 limited crew cab and this trick worked for me.
bit of a pain to release them the first time once you find them.
i cut the top flange off the seat bracket and installed a small stainless steel cable thru the existing hole with a stop on the bottom and a loop up top.

works great every one should do this plus it makes cleaning the inside rear window a breeze..\\

Old 12-13-2012, 08:10 AM
04XLTRUNNER
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by canadian limited
i have 2011 limited crew cab and this trick worked for me.
bit of a pain to release them the first time once you find them.
i cut the top flange off the seat bracket and installed a small stainless steel cable thru the existing hole with a stop on the bottom and a loop up top.

works great every one should do this plus it makes cleaning the inside rear window a breeze..\\

Could you post a picture of the way you did this. I know how to fold my seats down but I can see how that would make it way easier.