Sponsored by:

Firestone Steeltex Recall

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 05:44 PM
aortizexcursion
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by High Cetane
Please stop. I really don't care what you would do. Well documented you are cheap, drive slow and do not tow heavy.
That repair properly calls for a patch, not a plug.
Did you not catch the pun? Or am I not catching your sarcasm?

Old 09-17-2014, 06:00 PM
jspence105
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Please stop. I really don't care what you would do. Well documented you are cheap, drive slow and do not tow heavy.
That repair properly calls for a patch, not a plug.
I'm almost positive that was a joke. I think we've all wanted to beat Exv10 with his bald 27 year old spare tie at times but we really need to give him the benefit of the doubt. We don't need any more threads getting closed because of over reactions.

Old 09-17-2014, 06:51 PM
EXv10
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by jspence105
I'm almost positive that was a joke (no joke). I think we've all wanted to beat Exv10 with his bald 27 year old spare tie at times but we really need to give him the benefit of the doubt. We don't need any more threads getting closed because of over reactions.
Thanks, and I would plug it, that's what plugs are for (no joke). I have had bald tires, plugged tires, patched tires, old tires, under rated tires, recalled tires, (you name it) and never had a blowout in my 54 years of driving.

I know......not yet, lol.

Old 09-17-2014, 07:07 PM
jspence105
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by EXv10
Thanks, and I would plug it, that's what plugs are for (no joke). I have had bald tires, plugged tires, patched tires, old tires, under rated tires, recalled tires, (you name it) and never had a blowout in my 54 years of driving.

I know......not yet, lol.

6 year old tire with 9/32 tread.

Old 09-17-2014, 07:34 PM
EXv10
Post Fiend
6 year old tire with 9/32 tread.

So? I never said they don't fail. I have plugged more tires with screws in them than Carter has little liver pills. One thing I won't do it drive on an under inflated tire (probably what that was). These tires I have on now are 8 year old recalled tires which replaced the bald original Steeltex recalled tires. I have new recaps ready to go for this winter already on wheels though.

Old 09-17-2014, 08:20 PM
jspence105
Laughing Gas
So? I never said they don't fail. I have plugged more tires with screws in them than Carter has little liver pills. One thing I won't do it drive on an under inflated tire (probably what that was). These tires I have on now are 8 year old recalled tires which replaced the bald original Steeltex recalled tires. I have new recaps ready to go for this winter already on wheels though. If you people don't like what I do you can always send me some money.
Wow. I didn't realize that showing my experience this past summer would result in this.

I can guarantee that my tires were NOT under inflated or over loaded. I had about 2 seconds of strange vibration and pow. While I may not have your supreme automotive skills (or luck) I can and do check my tire pressure. I also have a tire pressure monitoring system that will set off alarms for tire pressure and temperature.

For the life of me I cannot figure out why you are so argumentative. You could potentially be a great member of this community. Unfortunately you are a know it all with no social skills.

Old 09-17-2014, 08:34 PM
EXv10
Post Fiend
Wow. I didn't realize that showing my experience this past summer would result in this.

I can guarantee that my tires were NOT under inflated or over loaded. I had about 2 seconds of strange vibration and pow. While I may not have your supreme automotive skills (or luck) I can and do check my tire pressure. I also have a tire pressure monitoring system that will set off alarms for tire pressure and temperature.

For the life of me I cannot figure out why you are so argumentative. You could potentially be a great member of this community. Unfortunately you are a know it all with no social skills.

That's not true at all. Actually I am tired of helping everyone and then having them become some kind of a wise azz. It's actually the "know it alls" (that know nothing) that ruin everything. You are being rude, are you trying to close this thread already?

Old 09-17-2014, 08:55 PM
High Cetane
Senior User
[/B]

That's not true at all. Actually I am tired of helping everyone and then having them become some kind of a wise azz. It's actually the "know it alls" (that know nothing) that ruin everything. You are being rude, are you trying to close this thread already?
Actually, its very true.
At no point did you answer the OP's question in this thread, just typical drival. I answered it with my experience today with Firestone/Bridgestone. I flipped a coin over you being wrong, or you being a "wise azz" (your words, not mine) with your "pun".

I was right.

Old 09-17-2014, 09:00 PM
EXv10
Post Fiend
Actually, its very true.
At no point did you answer the OP's question in this thread, just typical drival. I answered it with my experience today with Firestone/Bridgestone. I flipped a coin over you being wrong, or you being a "wise azz" (your words, not mine) with your "pun".

I was right.
The OP's question was answered 3 years ago, are you trying to close this thread too? I just said I would have plugged it.

Old 09-17-2014, 09:01 PM
jspence105
Laughing Gas
[/B]

That's not true at all. Actually I am tired of helping everyone and then having them become some kind of a wise azz. It's actually the "know it alls" (that know nothing) that ruin everything. You are being rude and I can see this thread closing soon because of it.

I'm being rude!

The first thing I did in this thread was defend you.

You then posted that you are happy using recalled and under rated tires.

I posted a picture of a blow out I had in response to your statement about never having a blow out in 54 years.

I at no point said a single word about the tires YOU choose to run. I was simply showing that even relatively new tires can blow.

Your response was to claim that my neglect was the cause of the failure and that if I didn't like the tires you were running I should send you money.

I want to add I could care less what tires you have. But don't attack me like some rabid dog for sharing my experiences.

Old 09-17-2014, 09:15 PM
High Cetane
Senior User
The OP's question was answered 3 years ago, are you trying to close this thread too? I just said I would have plugged it.
And you are wrong again. The OP asked 3 years ago whether anyone investigated Firestone still recalling these specific tires. However, your reading comprehension and inability to follow along escapes you.
It was not answered. Just your OPINION that he would be okay on these tires.

Now, you want to shift blame when you yourself started the Wise AZZedry. I suggested a while back for you to "please stop".
You don't put a plug in a hole that your thumb will fit in, not 30 years ago, not now. Just stop.

Close the thread? Psssst, I'm the guy that brought it back!

Old 09-17-2014, 09:18 PM
EXv10
Post Fiend
I'm being rude!

I posted a picture of a blow out I had in response to your statement about never having a blow out in 54 years.

I at no point said a single word about the tires YOU choose to run. I was simply showing that even relatively new tires can blow.

Your response was to claim that my neglect was the cause of the failure and that if I didn't like the tires you were running I should send you money.

I want to add I could care less what tires you have. But don't attack me like some rabid dog for sharing my experiences.
Me in bold;
>I already thanked you for that.

>Never said I was happy, just made a statement.

>That's a bummer but had nothing to do with plugs.

>Maybe I took you wrong there and thousands blow every year.

>Nope, you took me wrong there, many blow out daily everywhere.

I want to add I could care less what tires you have. But don't attack me like some rabid dog for sharing my experiences
>I was just sharing mine too, please mellow out.

Old 09-17-2014, 11:14 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
At the risk of actually answering your question, I have investigated this recently. (today) (Yes, I put the PRO in procrastination)

Long story short, a call to Bridgestone HQ netted me a new Spare. My Steeltex did indeed fall into the DOT date code and they offered up 100% coverage.

Perhaps late for the OP, however, lets call it Proactive for the other procrastinators.
Original question answered. Thanks Cetane, reps to you for the info.

Stewart