1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anti-theft devices, ideas and tactics...

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 10:30 PM
Sloppi
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm of the adage of making your vehicle harder to steal than the next guy's. This is a cheap and effective solution; wrap a length of cable through the rim and then lock it onto the frame with a U-Lock. It's visible so everyone knows it's secured, it's hard to break through so you're going to be there for a while and even if you do break through that you still need to get through the ignition. I've also used this technique for my motorbikes and never had one stolen.

Old 04-01-2012, 04:39 PM
Quad Racer
Cargo Master
Received 120 Likes on 92 Posts
Well I was wrong, and I hate to say it. Leaving my truck unlocked was a fail. Some ***** guy got into my truck Friday night and got me for about $200 worth of electronics and car wash quarters. I just got a back up camera for my truck and they got the monitor for that. I dont think I can get just the monitor from a short search. SSSSOOOOOOOOOOO say hello to my little friend

I'm gonna have this unit up 24 hrs a day. I also will have my baby monitors hooked up for the unforseeable future. One in the truck and one in the garage. I also plan to leave Nala outside to watch things over a little more frequently as well

loive and learn I guess.

Old 04-01-2012, 07:42 PM
PA-Mark
Posting Guru

Ahhh sorry to hear Jason. Thieves suck!

Old 04-01-2012, 07:45 PM
PA-Mark
Posting Guru

I keep meaning to fab some things to put in my doors but keep putting it off.... Hope i get off my **** and do it before its too late.

How did they get yours?

Old 04-01-2012, 07:46 PM
PA-Mark
Posting Guru

Nevermind just reread yours.... hahahha im dumb

Old 04-02-2012, 10:44 AM
RUNVS
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by Quad Racer
Well I was wrong, and I hate to say it. Leaving my truck unlocked was a fail. Some ***** guy got into my truck Friday night and got me for about $200 worth of electronics and car wash quarters. I just got a back up camera for my truck and they got the monitor for that. I dont think I can get just the monitor from a short search.
Sorry to hear that, man!! I know several guys on here have stated they just leave theirs unlocked and leave nothing inside. That's fine for the teenagers just looking for unlocked doors and loose change.

My truck was stolen and another attempt was made. As far as I'm concerned it's only a matter of time before they try to steal it again.

My son told me I should mount cameras to the truck which gave me an idea. I wondered what it would take to mount a small video camera to each back window (S-cab) that would turn on each time the alarm was triggered.

Ultimately (but likely unrealistic) having them send that signal to my cell phone would be sick but I'd settle for the image to be recorded to a flash card. The downside is if they are successful at stealing the truck it wouldn't do me any good!!

But if they streamed live to the cell phone it could actually help track where the truck is.

Now, I need to do a search to see if anyone ever tried the camera thing...

Old 04-02-2012, 11:51 AM
PA-Mark
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by RUNVS
Sorry to hear that, man!! I know several guys on here have stated they just leave theirs unlocked and leave nothing inside. That's fine for the teenagers just looking for unlocked doors and loose change.

My truck was stolen and another attempt was made. As far as I'm concerned it's only a matter of time before they try to steal it again.

My son told me I should mount cameras to the truck which gave me an idea. I wondered what it would take to mount a small video camera to each back window (S-cab) that would turn on each time the alarm was triggered.

Ultimately (but likely unrealistic) having them send that signal to my cell phone would be sick but I'd settle for the image to be recorded to a flash card. The downside is if they are successful at stealing the truck it wouldn't do me any good!!

But if they streamed live to the cell phone it could actually help track where the truck is.

Now, I need to do a search to see if anyone ever tried the camera thing...
look up spy cams in the google thingy.. may be easier than you think. there is many companys that sell gadgets and gizmos that may fit your needs

Old 04-02-2012, 04:19 PM
Quad Racer
Cargo Master
I ordered a Cyclopse anti theft device to prevent taking the truck. I'm currently looking at how to inflict serious injury to a would be thief. Let the door open and whack!!!!!!!!!!! a spring operated 2x4 filled with 16 penny nails right to the face. Sounds like a good idea, but would likely cost me my freedom. Back to the drawing board.

Old 04-05-2012, 02:06 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 3,948 Likes on 1,580 Posts
I'm currently looking at how to inflict serious injury to a would be thief. .
Keep a pissed-off German Shepard in the truck.

Old 04-06-2012, 11:00 PM
denism28
Freshman User
10 days before going down to TX with my fifth I had my f-250 stolen in my driveway 30 feet from my bedroom.during the night.by somebody who knew f-250. Had to find another truck in a hurry. 5 weeks later had a phone call in TX from the insurance co. saying the police found the truck in a fire dept parking lot. Every tool had been removed from the cab, they had fun in a field with mud, stumps and rocks causing 8000 bucks damage . To steal the truck, they used screwdrivers to break the locks, tried to trick the no-start commercial system installed ,then removed the understeering panel pulled the antistart box, opened it with screwdriver and pinched the relay with fingers, but my safety gas pump switch kept it from starting; they removed the passenger side panel to get to the cutoff relay, found the color of wires and found the safety switch and went away. So try to hide the safety switch . I b ought a clamp that locks the wheel now I THINK I am safe.

Old 04-07-2012, 11:09 PM
RUNVS
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by denism28
10 days before going down to TX with my fifth I had my f-250 stolen in my driveway 30 feet from my bedroom.during the night.by somebody who knew f-250. Had to find another truck in a hurry. 5 weeks later had a phone call in TX from the insurance co. saying the police found the truck in a fire dept parking lot. Every tool had been removed from the cab, they had fun in a field with mud, stumps and rocks causing 8000 bucks damage . To steal the truck, they used screwdrivers to break the locks, tried to trick the no-start commercial system installed ,then removed the understeering panel pulled the antistart box, opened it with screwdriver and pinched the relay with fingers, but my safety gas pump switch kept it from starting; they removed the passenger side panel to get to the cutoff relay, found the color of wires and found the safety switch and went away. So try to hide the safety switch . I b ought a clamp that locks the wheel now I THINK I am safe.
Wow, they REALLY wanted that truck!!! They probably had it all done quicker then you typed all of that, too... Sorry to hear it.

Old 04-07-2012, 11:22 PM
kd0axs
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy
Keep a pissed-off German Shepard in the truck.
I have one of those, problem is he would probably **** all over the seat long before he bit anyone.

Come to think of it, that might be a good theft deterrent too.

Old 04-09-2012, 02:24 PM
pappy19
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Another thing good about the Cyclops is even if they find the Cyclops fuel relay and take it out, they still can't start the truck. For the money, the Cyclops is a very fool proof way to stop your truck from being stolen. Combined with the Jimmi-Jammers and an alarm system, you will at least have a fighting chance. The thief will give up cause he knows most other Ford SD's don't have any protection and it takes 5 seconds to break in and take the truck.

Pap

Old 04-09-2012, 02:36 PM
Quad Racer
Cargo Master
Ive had my Cyclopse in for a week and I feel better already. I keep the stock relay in my truck incase something goes wrong. I figure like you said if the theif encounters issues they'll just move on to an easier target. I hid the relay pretty well. If they want it bad enough they'll find a way I guess, but for just over $120 it was an easy purchase.

Old 05-05-2012, 08:54 AM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Ive had my Cyclopse in for a week and I feel better already. I keep the stock relay in my truck incase something goes wrong. I figure like you said if the theif encounters issues they'll just move on to an easier target. I hid the relay pretty well. If they want it bad enough they'll find a way I guess, but for just over $120 it was an easy purchase.
I have to order one of these myself.. quick question.. is the replaced relay a special form factor? so they can't have one in their pocket? its $3 to buy a standard relay at autozone.

but if this was a special form factor relay, it would be unlikley for someone to to have a spare..

other question... does it look different installed? ie, the stock ones have no paint on the relay letters, but the new one does. again, if it looks like the stock one, then its harder to notice the difference..

Sam

Quick Reply: Anti-theft devices, ideas and tactics...