6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

RECON Projectors Installed!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 01:14 PM
PrinceValium
Cargo Master
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by AMEC Electric LLC
Gotta hit the Double D at least once a day
No DD here in Cali...they have Krispy Kreme...and a bunch of no name doughnut shops.

Old 11-22-2011, 07:42 PM
GZip
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reading this thread, I'm wondering about a couple of things. First, why do people think it's ok to put off-road only bulbs (100w???) in on-road trucks, regardless of any other laws that seem to be broken regularly. Second, looking at the Recon site, why are their HID kits so expensive? I'm all for the projection housings vs. the light spraying reflectors. But given you by the housings from Recon, why wouldn't you just buy a quality HID kit from somewhere else?

Old 11-22-2011, 08:19 PM
Biggziff
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by GZip
But given you by the housings from Recon, why wouldn't you just buy a quality HID kit from somewhere else?
Find another vendor who makes a kit that includes the correct projectors and we'll all be interested in hearing about it.

Old 11-22-2011, 09:22 PM
GZip
Senior User
Originally Posted by Biggziff
Find another vendor who makes a kit that includes the correct projectors and we'll all be interested in hearing about it.
I was only speaking about the HID upgrade. Buy the projectors from Recon and buy the HID lamp kit somewhere else. It seems like the HID kit from Recon is very expensive.

Old 11-23-2011, 05:49 AM
AMEC Electric LLC
More Turbo
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Reading this thread, I'm wondering about a couple of things. First, why do people think it's ok to put off-road only bulbs (100w???) in on-road trucks, regardless of any other laws that seem to be broken regularly. Second, looking at the Recon site, why are their HID kits so expensive? I'm all for the projection housings vs. the light spraying reflectors. But given you by the housings from Recon, why wouldn't you just buy a quality HID kit from somewhere else?
Why is it not ok to put whatever lamp I want in MY projectors? I did not want the RECON HID's. I will research HID's before I change.

Old 11-23-2011, 12:41 PM
GZip
Senior User
It is perfectly ok for you to put a legal (49CFR571.108 and any local amendments) headlamp in your truck if you plan to use it onroad in the US. If you are using non-legal headlamps, i.e., too bright, misfocused, mispointed, or any other photometric discrepancy, you are needlessly and carelessly putting others at risk.

If this is for offroad use only, light up the world!

Old 11-23-2011, 04:11 PM
AMEC Electric LLC
More Turbo
It is perfectly ok for you to put a legal (49CFR571.108 and any local amendments) headlamp in your truck if you plan to use it onroad in the US. If you are using non-legal headlamps, i.e., too bright, misfocused, mispointed, or any other photometric discrepancy, you are needlessly and carelessly putting others at risk.

Ok. I got your point. Unless I had a stock truck side by side for comparison, I really can't tell if the projectors are "brighter".

Old 11-23-2011, 04:22 PM
darren32
Lead Driver

Received 736 Likes on 141 Posts

Ya Andy, legal lights only!, just like me

BTW, they look GREAT on your black truck. I am not sure I would like them on my white truck though.....

Old 11-23-2011, 04:25 PM
AMEC Electric LLC
More Turbo
Originally Posted by darren32

BTW, they look GREAT on your black truck. I am not sure I would like them on my white truck though.....

Do it! Do it now!

Old 11-23-2011, 06:18 PM
GZip
Senior User

Good god... You would melt the back of my Vette with that setup

Old 11-24-2011, 06:22 AM
Gunny77
Senior User

darren32,

Who makes the light bar? I'm kinda leaning in that direction vs a full replacement bumper.

Old 11-24-2011, 08:03 AM
darren32
Lead Driver

Received 736 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Gunny77
darren32,

Who makes the light bar? I'm kinda leaning in that direction vs a full replacement bumper.

This one is Randy Ellis Design. They only have that one bar for these trucks but I think you can get it in a couple different colors. Very well made and very strong. Good product IMHO.

Thanks

Old 11-29-2011, 05:47 PM
R6acer
Freshman User
Hey Andy , I just threw in a h13 hid kit into my stock housing. Much brighter than stock. I also did the same for the fogs. If you buy an hid kit for the fogs the output extremely blinding to other drivers.

Hid kits in projector lenses are legal. In reflector lenses, if you buy the right Kelvin 4300 / 4500. Cops can't really tell the difference.

I received 5000 k hids only to pair them to my hid switchback turn signal. But the 5 k LEDs actually match better to 4500 Kelvin LEDs.

Old 07-02-2013, 07:08 AM
moyer h
New User
bulbs

Hey man I'm going through the same thing with my recon lights, was wondering how you wired up the Hella's because my recon bulb has a single post and all the Hella's I come across have three. Please advise...

Old 07-02-2013, 07:15 AM
moyer h
New User
Originally Posted by AMEC Electric LLC
UPDATE:
I changed the low beams to the Hella 80 watt and high beams to Hella 100 watt. Huge difference in output. Now all I have to do is adjust the ride height.
Hey I'm going through the same thing with my recon lights ( poor lighting ) I need to know how you switched to the Hella bulbs because my recon bulb has only one post and all the hella bulbs I come across have three... please advise

Quick Reply: RECON Projectors Installed!