1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Radiator support help

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 05:29 AM
Hunter7.3
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radiator support help

Does ford still sell them for the 7.3? I know the gassers don't fit am I right about that? I have a 96 250 and just wondering were to get one and if anyone replaced there's?

Old 11-16-2011, 06:46 AM
DIYMechanic
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LMC sells them. Look HERE. I have never used one from them so I cannot vouch for their quality, but LMC is about the only place I have seen new ones. Used ones in good condition are hard to find too. I ended up rebuilding mine with some 3x3 angle iron. That should last me a while...

Old 11-16-2011, 06:55 AM
Hunter7.3
New User
Thanks I did see them on lmc but I thought I read somewhere on here that ford was the only one to make the right one for the 7.3. That all aftermarket were gassers. Maybe someone can give me some input on that thanks again

Old 11-16-2011, 06:59 AM
fordpride
Post Fiend
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Yep I remember reading that the one from LMC does not work

Old 11-16-2011, 07:03 AM
DIYMechanic
Post Fiend
I guess I have never heard that. That page I listed shows two different one. One for the gas trucks and one for the diesels. I can't say for sure that it will or will not work though.

Old 11-16-2011, 07:03 AM
Hunter7.3
New User
That what I thought thanks. I just need to find out if ford still makes them or if there is an aftermarket one that fits

Old 11-16-2011, 08:51 AM
RÖENTGEEP
FOREIGN GURU

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by DIYMechanic
I guess I have never heard that. That page I listed shows two different one. One for the gas trucks and one for the diesels. I can't say for sure that it will or will not work though.
I saw that too, so someone has to confirm if the one for diesels works or not. Maybe the ppl who has having troubles received or bought for error, the one for gasser and not the one for diesels IDK.

Old 11-16-2011, 09:27 AM
DIYMechanic
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by RÖENTGEEP
I saw that too, so someone has to confirm if the one for diesels works or not. Maybe the ppl who has having troubles received or bought for error, the one for gasser and not the one for diesels IDK.

That's entirely possible. There is another page of featured items at the front of the LMC catalog that has the body components for the same year range of trucks and it does not include the line item for the diesel core support. It shows 2 different ones for the gassers. I can't believe LMC would still be selling a "diesel" core support for these trucks unless it worked with our trucks. I would think they would have been alerted to the issue and would have pulled that from their catalog if they didn't have one that worked.

Old 11-16-2011, 09:38 AM
Hunter7.3
New User
That's true to. I mite give them a call and ask some questions about that unless someone can definitely tell me they had problems and it didn't work. It's starting to rust pretty bad at the mounts. I'm going to start pulling it apart at the end of the winter and replace it. I'm just trying to get some ideas now and try to find one. Thanks

Old 11-16-2011, 10:21 AM
DIYMechanic
Post Fiend
If you do call them, be sure and post an update here on what you find out. That is a really common issue on these truck that have seen northern winters and road salt.

Old 11-16-2011, 11:26 AM
madpogue
Lead Driver
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
IIRC, the LMC product is for the IDIs, which is different yet from the gasser support. But I vaguely recall reading that some fellas have just used an IDI radiator, since our rads are supposedly way bigger than they need to be. But then I think there's also the issue of whether it's made to accomodate the A/C condenser. Seems like all the threads on the topic, on all the various truck forums, all have conflicting information.

Old 11-16-2011, 11:52 AM
Hunter7.3
New User
Yea it seems that way. I found 1 on discount body parts that's for the 7.3.. If it will work I have know idea... I'm going to call ford if they still make them I'm just going to get 1 from them and spend the money. I know it sucks but I want it to be right

Old 11-16-2011, 04:00 PM
towsrus
Senior User
i got a couple for sale from real powerstroke trucks. send me a message if your interested

Old 11-17-2011, 03:26 PM
kyle j
Senior User
just went threw hell with mine im from new England soo every bolt and peice was so corroded everything had to be cut off, lmc wont work and they dont make an aftermarket one for our trucks, theres really only 2 options you can cut out the rust on urs and repair it if you have a welder and some knowledge thats what alot of guys told me to do on here wich makes sence $ wise but i dont weld nor do i have that option . the second option you could do is order from a junk yard i ordered mine from North Carolina cost me $350 shipped go to car-part.com thats where you will find what you need

Kyle

Old 11-17-2011, 08:56 PM
Leemakesmepee
Elder User
how close are you to cleveland ohio?
There is a guy always selling obs style diesel core support he wants i think 300 for it ill look for the add for you.

Quick Reply: Radiator support help