making bio-diesel

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 01:41 PM
Beechkid
Received 210 Likes on 160 Posts
Originally Posted by Rushmore X
Interesting, the attorneys that I work out with thought it was pretty cool that I made my own fuel. I even ran a couple questions by them... We make our bio in a shed about a hundred feet from the house, and dispose of the glycerol in the landfill on the compost pile. Wonder if it's a California thing???
Understood, assisted in placing the two top execs of Childrens Hospital in prison a few years ago & one attorney disbarred....

Nope, Code of Federal regulations, Part 49 (transportation of hazardous substances- except for up to 10 gallons of common fuel or up to 10, 1 gallon containers of generated, non-regulated waste)
Code of Federal regulations 40 (even prohibits transporting to a facility without a EPA permit to operate)
Congressional Acts
CERCLA (aka the Cradle to grave act)- a mfg is responsible from the time a product is made until it goes in the ground & 30 years after it must be tracked- mfg to transporter, distributor, buyer.
RCRA- if you seel it or handle it or handle it improperly, your going to jail
There are many more laws on the books I could site, but you get the idea

Old 12-07-2011, 05:31 PM
Leprachan
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Beechkid
Understood, assisted in placing the two top execs of Childrens Hospital in prison a few years ago & one attorney disbarred....

Nope, Code of Federal regulations, Part 49 (transportation of hazardous substances- except for up to 10 gallons of common fuel or up to 10, 1 gallon containers of generated, non-regulated waste)
Code of Federal regulations 40 (even prohibits transporting to a facility without a EPA permit to operate)
Congressional Acts
CERCLA (aka the Cradle to grave act)- a mfg is responsible from the time a product is made until it goes in the ground & 30 years after it must be tracked- mfg to transporter, distributor, buyer.
RCRA- if you seel it or handle it or handle it improperly, your going to jail
There are many more laws on the books I could site, but you get the idea

Prime example of excessive gubmint over regulation.

Old 12-07-2011, 06:16 PM
Beechkid
Originally Posted by Leprachan

Prime example of excessive gubmint over regulation.
FYI, the federal regs were signed into law by President Reagan....to find out why, check out...

Love Cannel & Niagra Falls & hooker Chemical Company
Fricker Chemical Company & Anaheim California

In 1960, the 1st federal law regarding chemicals was put into effect.....The federal hazadous substances control act....it basically directed the 5 chemical companies in the US to handle products safely.

As a result of Fricker Chemical & Hooker chemical companies purposefull 7 willfull acts in the late 1970's & 80's, they cost the US taxpayers $1 billion+ dollars, declared bankrupcy and their execs ran away..........
They lied about what they were storing (even when it was on fire in Anaheim), they lied about dumping millions of gallons (literally) of cancer causing chemicals into niagra falls (which meant we also had to financially help canada clean up our mess) which took 10+ years...........i could go on, but I think you see the picture.

In general, businesses are allowed to run however they want, until they screw up bad enough, then politicans do what they do best, past a bunch of legislation to tell them exactly how they will run their business.....in this case, the dumping was soooooo bad, in federal law, the USCG was identified as the Scene Commander for all chemical related spills based upon the waterway control act of 1812.

Love Cannal residents lost 600 homes, 100% of their drinking water, infants and new borns with birth defects later proven to be directly tied to releases of hooker Chemical.........every business in the town discovered they could not even set foot on the own premises because the vapors pebetrated through the concret foundations contaminating even the cash in the drawers....

i actually have the tape of the city meetings where Hooker chemical execs claim they have no knowledge of any hazard, town physicans in tears stating they have never seen such cancerous tumors growing at such rates beyound anything any textbook shows, dozens of mothers holding their 2 month old babies, with birth defects so hideous it makes alfred hitchcock movies seem mundane.................

and the Children Hospital directors (who were physicans), they went to federal prison for 20 years for dumping infectious medical waste (including used needles) for 5 years in the ocean near the beaches in southern california.....the waste haulers they hired to help them..................2 convicted felons with drivers licenses & a stakebed truck..................the waste washed up on the beaches in ventura, marina del rey, santa monica, venice, orange county..............

Old 12-13-2011, 09:49 AM
freesoul
Senior User
I'm from the government and I'm here to help

anyone who earns their living off the teat will instinctively not want you to mess with the sow

Old 12-14-2011, 07:03 PM
Rushmore X
Logistics Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by freesoul
I'm from the government and I'm here to help

anyone who earns their living off the teat will instinctively not want you to mess with the sow
that is too funny...

Old 12-17-2011, 08:59 AM
thunder31634
Junior User
To start with...get a good attorney.

To start with, when you collect, store any product that is combustible, flammable or poses a potential environmental effect in quantities of 30 gallons or more, you are required to have a secondary containment system, spill control and a permit, issued by local, state or federal epa or public health agency (local). This is required under both the CERCLA, the international fire code (adopted by local and state agencies) Article 79 and 80, and permit is required by article 4....
So, what you're saying is that my 300 gal propane tank attached to my house is illegal?? As I have no permit, no secondary containment system and, last I checked, propane is flammable......

Old 12-17-2011, 08:51 PM
Beechkid
Originally Posted by thunder31634
So, what you're saying is that my 300 gal propane tank attached to my house is illegal?? As I have no permit, no secondary containment system and, last I checked, propane is flammable......

propane is not a liquid so it does not require a secondary containment system, but, believe it or not, the color of the tank is regulated, including the direction is faces (the ends)- must not be pointing towords an occupied structure (so if there was a failure, the ends of the tank typically fail and jettisons the tank in the opposite direction- basically, you don't want this tank if it fails as a result of a fire, overpressurization or an act of damage to travel through your house........... or if placed pointing near any aviation area & (within 1500 feet) and the specs for the concrete platform/footings it sets on must also be capable of supporting the tank during a 100 year flood....just for an example. I could go on, but I think you get the picture, especially since a typical 300 gallon tank that experiences a failure can travel 1500 feet without hesitation, because the stradles or legs that hold the tank are only spec'd to hold the the tank against floods and direct weight, not against horizontal forces caused by failure.

Old 12-18-2011, 08:40 AM
thunder31634
Junior User
propane is not a liquid so it does not require a secondary containment system, but, believe it or not, the color of the tank is regulated, including the direction is faces (the ends)- must not be pointing towords an occupied structure (so if there was a failure, the ends of the tank typically fail and jettisons the tank in the opposite direction- basically, you don't want this tank if it fails as a result of a fire, overpressurization or an act of damage to travel through your house........... or if placed pointing near any aviation area & (within 1500 feet) and the specs for the concrete platform/footings it sets on must also be capable of supporting the tank during a 100 year flood....just for an example. I could go on, but I think you get the picture, especially since a typical 300 gallon tank that experiences a failure can travel 1500 feet without hesitation, because the stradles or legs that hold the tank are only spec'd to hold the the tank against floods and direct weight, not against horizontal forces caused by failure.
Propane can be a liquid or a gas. Just ask a forklift operator.

The end cap of mine face the house. It actually sits in a L shaped nook so that part of the house is on 2 sides of the tank. The gas company put it there.

But all of this is off topic and irrelevant. I think you're creating a problem where there isn't one.

Old 12-19-2011, 10:23 AM
Beechkid
Originally Posted by thunder31634
Propane can be a liquid or a gas. Just ask a forklift operator.

The end cap of mine face the house. It actually sits in a L shaped nook so that part of the house is on 2 sides of the tank. The gas company put it there.

But all of this is off topic and irrelevant. I think you're creating a problem where there isn't one.
The we are speaking specific, in pressurized form yes it is in a liquified state but when exposed to atmospheric pressure (which is 14.7 psi, much less, than the tank storage pressure if vaporizes or boils off), so by code, it is not a lquid therfor no secondary contanment system is required such as would be required for fuel oil.......but this is been and still currently a life safety issue as listed for 30+ years in the International Fire Code, International Building Code and National Fire Codes (all US docs published or written by US industries, public safety & building officials).....and just because the "gas company did it", does not mean it was done right..the plain fact is if the installation was done as described, the installers have placed you & your family in "immediate risk", a term defined by the courts as listed in all fire/life safety code references. many states such as California have additional laws on the books that would apply, such as if a hazard exists which should not & is not easily identifieble and the result causes injury or death to a fire fighter, police officer or any public safety person, immunity for protection is waved and in calif, it is a felony.........and just like the Rhode Island nightclub fire, civil judgement was layed against the city & state governments & individuals (in addition to the club owners & AEG the promoters) who were aware (but allowed the conditions to exist) which resulted in injury & death.

BTW, if you check your homeowners insurance policy, it precludes coverage for such acts, meaning, if you were sued by lets say a neighbor who recieved damaged as a result of the improper installation, your policy excludes such protections....Thats why even if a local government agency turns their heads to national standards (even if they say they haven't adpoted them so they don't count), send a letter requesting the inspection/permit, keep a copy & send it to your homeowners insurance provider.......now your policy will remain in place and if an event does occur, you have (should) financial protection.

Old 01-13-2012, 09:32 PM
hairyboxnoogle
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just for the record, came here looking for info to possibly start making bio. Still interested, the fact that it will **** off the United States government is bonus.

Also for the record, ive seen 2 200gal propane tanks go boom, both from the center, both from fire.

Old 01-14-2012, 08:40 AM
Beechkid
Originally Posted by hairyboxnoogle
Just for the record, came here looking for info to possibly start making bio. Still interested, the fact that it will **** off the United States government is bonus.

Also for the record, ive seen 2 200gal propane tanks go boom, both from the center, both from fire.
So, you are looking for guidence & specific instructions to epose yourself to known bio-toxins, contaminate via particulates rooms, floors, walls and your clothing with, expose your pets, farm animals, neighbors, children (who may just be visiting) to the permanent loss of their health, homes & properties? This is reality..............how selfish & criminal.

kinda reminds everyone of Wall Street Ethics.......we'll just do whatever we want, then leave when it gets nasty letting my neighbors, taxpayers and public heath people (including Dr's, etc.) pick up the tab for my ways by cleaning up my environmental mess, treat my neighbors kids illnesses, dig up my farm animals who have died and i buried on my property or like Russia, sell my cattle meat (radioactive dust particulates in their case) for food...then in 20 years the world can help our people with the illnesses they have........"treat my neighbors as i would want to be treated"...........

Old 01-14-2012, 08:59 AM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Give it a rest. Nobody gives a "rats behind" what you think.........I've made over 12,000 gallons in 7 years, ran a whole farm with it, and have never had a spill or contaminated anything with it yet.

Your posts are not very welcome here.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:11 AM
Beechkid
Originally Posted by fabmandelux
Give it a rest. Nobody gives a "rats behind" what you think.........I've made over 12,000 gallons in 7 years, ran a whole farm with it, and have never had a spill or contaminated anything with it yet.

Your posts are not very welcome here.
Again, Wall strret value systems....whats the difference - none? Unfortunitely you have, the sodium hydroxide............

as a metter of fact, that is almost the exact phrase the leader of Zeta stated to the world in 2009 (That is the most powerfull cartel in Mexico).....the same ones who hacked into the 2 reporters covering them in Mexico's, "smart phones, ID'd their locations and terminated their lives (2011)...

be proud, you have much in common with the most recognized leaders!

Old 01-15-2012, 10:20 AM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
So your saying I'm like one of the worlds biggest threats? KMA!

This thread serves NO purpose so I'm locking it.......