1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Macs Autoparts

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 02:32 PM
BigPigDaddy
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GreatNorthWoods
I just received an interesting call from Macs so I guess they monitor this site. They agree that the $125 cost to ship a headliner kit two states over is too much so they are refunding me $75!
That is great news for you and speaks volumes about the company!

Old 11-23-2011, 02:58 PM
Dano78
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GreatNorthWoods- Glad to hear they were able to work with you on the shipping. I thought that was a bit much too. It seems as if the delivery carriers think their service is worth a mint these days. Yeah I might buy into the whole fule cost angle but not so much when i see my local UPS driver grabbin 3rd gear rounding the corner into my neighborhood. Might wanna audit that guy's fuel useage...

I also want to apologize. I may have come off a bit harsh on my previous post. It's just irritates me at what some people will complain about. Restoring an old vehicle is art as much as a hobby. Sometmes you have to create your parts and pieces or hunt down the right ones. That's suppose to be part of the fun of the game. Like I said before we should be so lucky to be able to get alot of what we do. Jeezzz, look at some others that live in other countries... talk about working uphill! Can you imagine trying to restore a truck (or car) of this vintage while living in anonther country!?! Wow... that's gotta be a task and a half. So yes, we should be thankful for what we have and try to work with them as much as possible. Take Mid-Fifty for example... right there in their catalog they will list different manufacture of a similiar part but will caption what they recommend for each part and/or the use of it. I appreciate that kind of service. It saves me time and money and shows that the vendor is familiar with their product and can relate that to their customers. Kudos!

What I can't stand is people complaining about how inferior their re-pop part is (when they paid pennies on the dollar anyways). I'm not saying it happens here but I'll easily direct it tward the '60s Mustang crowd. Most of those guys make me want to throw up. I remember these two clowns at a show one year, squabbling over the location of the 'OK' stamp on the one guy's valvecover. Then saying that the paint marks wern't the right shade because it was a cheap re-production. I just wanted to slap those guys with a 2x4 till they were bleeding or brain dead. I mean give me a break.

Bottom line is, we have to work with what we can get and leave feedback accordingly. We pay their salaries and they don't make any money without us, so it makes sense that they will listen.... sooner or later anyways.
The other option is a few members tool up to re-produce parts if necessary. I'm an upstanding member of the Mustang II network and I'll tell ya, that's a tough car to restore. NOTHING is made for them. But I use them as an example where guys have stepped up and began manufacture of alot of parts the community needed that the aftermarket would not. We heavily relied on each other to buy/sell/trade parts and grab up NOS reserves when found, sharing tips, tricks, and methods to restoring parts that others would otherwise toss away and buy new.

Anyways ...just wanted to add that, for what its worth.

Old 11-23-2011, 04:25 PM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Doc
If there's one thing I've learned, this particular forum is monitored by quite a few different vendors. And there's something else we need to realize--the vendors are not allowed to directly join this forum and speak up for themselves in order to address individual problems. I asked why once, and I was told that IB does not allow it because it could be viewed as unpaid advertisement. So, if there's a problem, I'd suggest we all call them first and address the problem. Here's a hint. When it comes to the big companies like Mac's and Carpenter, I've noticed that you get a much better response when you make a point to get the name of the person on the line and let them realize you know their name. Cuss words and screaming gets you nowhere in this world much nowadays.
I've sent more than a few "Heads Up" e-mails to vendors that folks are complaining about - Told them that they better take a look at whats going on and send them a link to the thread - As mentioned here and on other threads most of the mail order parts houses have gone to call centers for ordering and customer service - The big kids at the businesses may never know of the problem until you take it to the top