Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-2015 Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-21-2014, 06:41 PM
New User

70amcpwr is starting off with a positive reputation.
Tomorrow we're picking up a 2012 6.7 dually lariat (28k miles) to replace our 08 6.4 that's in the shop again with no idea what's wrong or when it will return. The one we're getting just had the radiator replaced, it's either a 6/11 or a 1/12 build date as he ordered the truck.
I feel all the pains of the posts here as you can't imagine what we've been through with the 08. If there's a post of a problem, I've had it!
Ford SHOULD NOT recall the radiators (any of them), just be a hero and say "we'll take care of it". By doing this there supplier should (would) step up and cover the costs I would think. Replacing every one would be a huge expense and open a can of worms for suits and lemon law stuff. The truck we're getting also had an injector come out of it. It has never towed or worked so I can't see how ordering one new myself would prevent these problems, actually contrary, it's a couple of aggravations that I didn't have to deal with! The extended warranty idea is in the plans I think. By the way, the 08 is a great truck (and motor, modified), works hard, does everything, just NOT dependable!
Old 04-29-2014, 12:33 PM
New User

bmw7628 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Well, add me to the leaky radiator list!!!! 2012 F250 with 64,000 miles

I called Ford Customer Service, since I am the second owner of the pickup Ford said they would split the $1800.00 bill with me. Although the $900.00 price tag is better than the full $1800.00, Ford needs to step up to the plate and warranty all of these defective radiators. I spoke with the service tech. and he stated that the replacement will be "the updated unit". I asked the tech. if he has seen any of the updated units fail as of yet and he said "no, just have to see how it goes tho". I still think I should have just called Griffin and had a custom aluminum rad made.

Truck is currently at the dealer, they stated that they will have the truck done by the end of the day, at least I am only without the truck for a day.

I will repost after I get the truck back.
Old 04-29-2014, 07:14 PM
New User

The radiator in my 08 (Jan 07 build) was replaced in summer of 08 w/41k miles on it, still fine w/138k on it now. Why can they make the "replacement" not leak but not the original?
Old 05-01-2014, 01:44 PM
New User

bmw7628 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Well, got the truck back from the dealer. Ford customer service did indeed cover half of the repair cost. No leaks thus far....

Happy that Ford picked up half of the tab, although I am still shaking my head that the radiator went out so early in the first place!

Ended up costing me $850.00
Old 05-04-2014, 03:58 PM
Junior User

OATS is starting off with a positive reputation.
Guess I've joined the rad leak club. My '11 F250 starting consistently dropping small puddles of coolant where it's parked about 2 weeks ago. I am the original owner. It began at about 50K miles. Any new developments about coverage from Ford? I'll be looking into things and post up what occurs.
Old 11-10-2014, 03:13 PM
Senior User

Brandon Bloomquist is starting off with a positive reputation.
I also just joined the club.

I have a 2012 with 50k miles on it and the same very small lower left corner leak as described by others. I've been smelling coolant all summer, but couldn't pin it down. I was quoted $1,500 to replace it. The Service Manager has promised to look in to options about warranty coverage.

What is frustrating is that there is now a note in the Ext Warranties about specifically excluding the radiators.
Old 11-10-2014, 04:36 PM
Elder User

Ltngdrvr is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Mine has been leaking for almost 100K now, wasn't discovered until 89K, at 184K now and was told I was SOL for any warranty and no offer to buy half was forthcoming from ferd.

I've probably added around $120 in coolant since it started, still quite a bit less $$$ than replacing it. Only cooling issue is on long uphill grades where the temp starts to get worrisome.

My 2012 F250 and Cougar Xlite
Old 11-10-2014, 06:28 PM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Bloomquist View Post
I also just joined the club.

What is frustrating is that there is now a note in the Ext Warranties about specifically excluding the radiators.

So, are you saying a Ford extended warranty DOES NOT cover the radiator? How can they make ONE item exempt from coverage? That don't sound right!
I just had the second injector clamp failure. It soaks the entire engine bay with diesel, which Ford doesn't pay the dealer to clean up. They still insist on doing one clamp @ a time, as they fail (not all 8 clamps), even though my truck falls in the TSB (12-3-4) time frame. What a bunch of a #$%^'s!
Old 11-11-2014, 10:57 AM
Official Ford Rep

FordService is a name known to allFordService is a name known to allFordService is a name known to allFordService is a name known to allFordService is a name known to allFordService is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Bloomquist View Post
...I have a 2012 with 50k miles on it and the same very small lower left corner leak as described by others...
Hi Brandon,

I received your PM and sent back a reply; I'll do what I can to help.

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordTrucks @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordTrucks facebook.com/Ford
Old 11-11-2014, 11:23 AM
Post Fiend

sdetweil has much to be proud ofsdetweil has much to be proud ofsdetweil has much to be proud ofsdetweil has much to be proud ofsdetweil has much to be proud ofsdetweil has much to be proud ofsdetweil has much to be proud ofsdetweil has much to be proud ofsdetweil has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70amcpwr View Post
So, are you saying a Ford extended warranty DOES NOT cover the radiator? How can they make ONE item exempt from coverage? That don't sound right!
I just had the second injector clamp failure. It soaks the entire engine bay with diesel, which Ford doesn't pay the dealer to clean up. They still insist on doing one clamp @ a time, as they fail (not all 8 clamps), even though my truck falls in the TSB (12-3-4) time frame. What a bunch of a #$%^'s!
different level extended warrantys cover different items.

1955 F100 460/c6, 3.55ls - 436 hp, 489 tq
2012 F350 4x4, DRW, 3.73ls, CC, LB, 400 hp, 800 tq
2013 Keystone Alpine 3720FB 5th wheel. 40', 15,500gvwr
Old 11-11-2014, 12:33 PM
Freshman User

BrodyUSMC is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr View Post
Mine has been leaking for almost 100K now, wasn't discovered until 89K, at 184K now and was told I was SOL for any warranty and no offer to buy half was forthcoming from ferd.

I've probably added around $120 in coolant since it started, still quite a bit less $$$ than replacing it. Only cooling issue is on long uphill grades where the temp starts to get worrisome.
thats probably what I should do I only drive mine once a week, but it jsut drives me crazy so I bought a new radiator sunday night
Old 11-11-2014, 12:33 PM