Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-2015 Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-05-2014, 06:11 PM

senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
Best course of action is to take it where you purchased it. See if they will cover it. Most of the time there is at least 30 warranty from used car lots.

Previous Truck 2008 F250 6.4 with lots of upgrades and a suspension upgrade from Torklift International StableLoads
Old 02-05-2014, 06:17 PM

Tom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputation
TomB985
Quote:
Originally Posted by T Evans View Post
Just picked up the truck and it is going on the market today. I'm going back to a Duramax with a 100,000 mile warranty.
So if you know someone looking for a nice 2012 F-250 Crew 4x4 Lariat with 50 k. I'll take 40K for this one.
Couple of thoughts here. First of all we don't permit selling on the forums. This being your first post it sort of comes off like you're here to sell your truck. Secondly the GM trucks carry a 100,000 mile powertrain warranty that doesn't cover the radiator anymore than it does on a Ford. If this happened to a shiny new Silverado you'd still be on the hook for the repair if you were beyond 36,000 miles.

And lastly, aren't you throwing the baby out with the bathwater here? I had to fork over $1,500 on my wife's 2011 Sienna because the factory didn't properly fill the rear differential with oil. I didn't sell the thing off, we fixed the van and drove on. If you sell every vehicle after it breaks you'll be broke and dissatisfied with everything.

Currently truckless.
Most recently: 2013 F150 XLT 4x4 EcoBoost
Moderators, Guidelines, and How They are Enforced
Old 02-05-2014, 06:57 PM
New User

T Evans is starting off with a positive reputation.
My bad about offering the truck for sale.. I will learn. I have always mostly driven a Ford until the 6.0 stroke. I just sold my 2011 F-250 with the 6.2 gas and loved it but thought I just had to have the stroke. Boy was I mistaken. I wish I had my 6.2 back. I am selling the truck and not going to give it another chance to get in my back pocket again. Maybe one day Ford can get it right with one of these diesels. the 6.0 then the 6.4 and now the this 6.7. A man shouldnt have to pay 50,000 to 65,000 for one of these trucks just to have to spend this kind of money to keep it up in good shape prior to 100,000 miles.
I love the truck, the power, how quite it runs down the road but I dont think I want to take any more chances. If Ford doesnt want to step up and correct their problem child, then someone other than me can do Fords R&D for them.
Like grandpa said "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me"

By the way My wife drives a new Ford Escape and my other truck is a 02 F-250 Crew 4x4 lariat V-10 that gets 8.5 mpg and I love all my Ford vehicles. Maybe thats why this just gets in my crawl so bad, because I am a true blue Ford fan.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:06 PM
Posting Guru

rtazz17 has a good reputation on FTE.rtazz17 has a good reputation on FTE.rtazz17 has a good reputation on FTE.
I have a feeling you will be out much much more then 1400 to fix radiator if you sell it.If I were you I would buy the ford esp warranty for used vehicle if you dont have any warranty from dealer.I would never fork over 40k or whatever you paid without a bumper to bumper for atleast a year.Especially a truck that gets worked hard.
I second contacting the dealer about this.
2011 f350 lariat crew cab 6.7l/Rancho rs 9000S,bilstein 5100 stab,stable loads,firestone riderite bags with wireless airlift 72000 compressor,edge cts,16k Pullright Superglide slider hitch,Rigid Dually D2s,Rigid Floods
2002 f350 lariat crew cab 7.3l (sold)
2014 Forest River Sierra 365saq fifth wheel
Old 02-05-2014, 08:07 PM
Freshman User

scar100 is starting off with a positive reputation.
chris.scarborough1
Recently being in the same situation I can sympathize. I bought a 2011 used from a dealer back in September. Got the 200k/7 yr diesel engine ESP reasoning that $2100 was better than $10k on a engine replacement. I felt I got a good deal.

6 weeks after bringing it home, smoke coming out near wipers - oil separator, replaced under warranty. Last month had injector go, replaced under warranty. For what I paid on the ESP, I've already used over half. Now radiator. Just got it back, of-course not warranty - $1200 out of pocket....dang plastic.

I can kick myself all day for buying used, but I was picky and wanted a specific truck, I got it and I'm satisfied (until 2015 comes out at least ).

But, that's what I get for buying used...it's got age, wear and tear, and blemishes. I understood that upfront. I can be positive and say it (the radiator) lasted longer than the OP (no offense ) or that it didn't happen when I was miles and miles from home on vacation or hauling a load of horses.

But hey...when I bought I expected to keep it minimum 5 years. Given more troubles, maybe not. Given I win the lottery, definitely not. We'll see. I do see the benefit in buying new. Might try that route next time.

For now, I'm happy. I still love driving it everyday. That's why we all have one.

Past - 2004 F150 Lariat CC, Black & Tan
Old 02-05-2014, 08:14 PM
Posting Guru

rtazz17 has a good reputation on FTE.rtazz17 has a good reputation on FTE.rtazz17 has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scar100 View Post
Recently being in the same situation I can sympathize. I bought a 2011 used from a dealer back in September. Got the 200k/7 yr diesel engine ESP reasoning that $2100 was better than $10k on a engine replacement. I felt I got a good deal.

6 weeks after bringing it home, smoke coming out near wipers - oil separator, replaced under warranty. Last month had injector go, replaced under warranty. For what I paid on the ESP, I've already used over half. Now radiator. Just got it back, of-course not warranty - $1200 out of pocket....dang plastic.

I can kick myself all day for buying used, but I was picky and wanted a specific truck, I got it and I'm satisfied (until 2015 comes out at least ).

But, that's what I get for buying used...it's got age, wear and tear, and blemishes. I understood that upfront. I can be positive and say it (the radiator) lasted longer than the OP (no offense ) or that it didn't happen when I was miles and miles from home on vacation or hauling a load of horses.

But hey...when I bought I expected to keep it minimum 5 years. Given more troubles, maybe not. Given I win the lottery, definitely not. We'll see. I do see the benefit in buying new. Might try that route next time.

For now, I'm happy. I still love driving it everyday. That's why we all have one.
So radiator isnt covered under esp? Wear and tear item?
2011 f350 lariat crew cab 6.7l/Rancho rs 9000S,bilstein 5100 stab,stable loads,firestone riderite bags with wireless airlift 72000 compressor,edge cts,16k Pullright Superglide slider hitch,Rigid Dually D2s,Rigid Floods
Old 02-05-2014, 09:16 PM
Freshman User

scar100 is starting off with a positive reputation.
chris.scarborough1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtazz17 View Post
So radiator isnt covered under esp? Wear and tear item?
Negative....wear and tear. I bought under 100k miles and dealer offered 2 options. 3 yr 36k mile bumper or 7 yr 200k engine plan. Latter was roughly $1k cheaper and I figured relative to a complete engine failure everything else was minor.

Brochure's sitting here....love the terminology "All internal lubricated parts"

On the plus side some on other posts have had Ford pay half their repair....I'm still waiting on a phone call.

Past - 2004 F150 Lariat CC, Black & Tan
Old 02-05-2014, 09:29 PM
Posting Guru

Well I hope they take care of ya!
Old 02-26-2014, 09:09 PM
New User

oneemtb is starting off with a positive reputation.
Radiator problems!

I have a 2011 6.7 diesel with 51,000 miles and the radiator on it took a dump! It was small leak but was not repairable. I had to purchase a new one and let me tell they ain't cheap!!dealership wanted $2100.00 I did it my self and it's gonna be around $1200.00 I think this is a OEM problem and needs to be addressed by Ford! I am a major Ford guy and hate when there are problems and they are not dealt with properly!!! Thoughts anyone??
Old 02-26-2014, 09:13 PM
Post Fiend

cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.
Not a fun job to put in either.
mods arp,egr delete, tuned, 91 gallon RDS fuel tank.
Old 02-27-2014, 05:11 AM

senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
I strongly suggest that everyone report these on the NTSHA website. Put down your miles as well.

Previous Truck 2008 F250 6.4 with lots of upgrades and a suspension upgrade from Torklift International StableLoads
Old 02-27-2014, 06:45 PM
New User

oneemtb is starting off with a positive reputation.
More on the Radiator

Thanks for all the replies. I picked up the new radiator yesterday at another dealership. About $750.00 and it will take a little while to get it back in but I'm disappointed to know I'm not the only one that had problems. Don't get me wrong misery loves company. It would be nice if Ford would recall this. I also found it kind of strange they had one on the shelf at the dealership. That kind of tells you something! Regardless I still love my truck!
Old 02-27-2014, 06:49 PM
Post Fiend

cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.
Radiator on the shelf is not a surprise, we call those crash parts. Im willing to bet they have condensiors too
Old 03-09-2014, 10:46 AM
New User

Rigdawg is starting off with a positive reputation.
6.7 L radiator failure

So I have joined the club with a radiator failure on my 2011 6.7L diesel after 46,000 miles. I have moved far away from the dealer where I purchased the vehicle, and won't get much support from them, I am sure. I am not sure how to handle this - I am still looking for a good dealer to work with in the Tampa, FL area.

Is there any more news out there about a recall, or availability of help from Ford through their Customer Satisfaction program? given all the problems with the Ford design, is there a decent aftermarket design out there? And finally, what sort of hit should I expect for this replacement if I go back to Ford? thanks for any help.
Old 03-09-2014, 11:29 AM
Post Fiend

Call 1800 392 3673. All you can do is ask. Sometimes you get lucky.
Old 03-09-2014, 11:29 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
2011, 4x4, 60, 67, 67l, coolant, diesel, f250, ford, leak, leaks, line, navigator, power, radiator, stroke, transmission