Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-2015 Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-18-2012, 06:42 AM
Postmaster

ruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud of
Joel Rusche Joel Rusche Joel Rusche
Kind of seems like the same frequency of failures that we saw in '08. Some of us had multiple failures, some never had a problem at all.

I really hope this is not a trend. Things happen and all the stuff flying around lately really does not change where I stand with my truck. It just pains me to see folks get inconvenienced out of money and time. In a perfect world things would be made better. The days of buying a refrigerator when you get married and keeping it for 30 years are over....

On edit, if you buy a weber grill it will last though. That's about the only thing I still have purchased in 1992.
2015 F350 CC KR SRW LB 4x4, 3.55ELD, ordered 9/4/14, home 10/24/14. Factory 5th wheel set up, VIAIR #10009 kit, train horns, ride-rite air bags, CB, Strobe lights, BedRug, BakFlipG2, TransferFlow in-bed 50gal tank, 2 Kicker 10" subs, Polk 1" tweeters, tinted front windows, Tuxedo Black Monotone option

Last edited by ruschejj; 01-18-2012 at 06:44 AM. Reason: Weber
Old 01-18-2012, 01:16 PM
Posting Guru

PrinceValium has a great reputation on FTE.PrinceValium has a great reputation on FTE.PrinceValium has a great reputation on FTE.PrinceValium has a great reputation on FTE.PrinceValium has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruschejj View Post
Kind of seems like the same frequency of failures that we saw in '08. Some of us had multiple failures, some never had a problem at all.

I really hope this is not a trend. Things happen and all the stuff flying around lately really does not change where I stand with my truck. It just pains me to see folks get inconvenienced out of money and time. In a perfect world things would be made better. The days of buying a refrigerator when you get married and keeping it for 30 years are over....

On edit, if you buy a weber grill it will last though. That's about the only thing I still have purchased in 1992.
I hear ya...I have had things that lasted with no issues when others have had problems with them. Even though people on the board are a minority of the people that own these trucks, It sure does seem like a trend. Like when these failures are happening ie. 23,000 miles or 32,000 miles etc. I think it would be interesting to know how many of these problems are happening state wide.

Maybe Tom has someone that can look this up?
Old 01-18-2012, 02:59 PM

Tom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputation
TomB985
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceValium View Post
Maybe Tom has someone that can look this up?
Possibly, but I doubt it. Failure information is one of the things that Ford doesn't publish, and it's not easy to get. I might have more luck finding out whether or not the radiator supplier is the same though.

Currently truckless.
Most recently: 2013 F150 XLT 4x4 EcoBoost
Moderators, Guidelines, and How They are Enforced
Old 01-18-2012, 03:58 PM
Postmaster

darren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputation
I know it's on here but I can't find it!
Can anyone tell me how to get the build date from the VIN?

Thanks
2011 F350 4x4 Crew Cab 6.7l White Job1: Access Cover, Ford Bed Mat, B&W with Companion, Transfer Flow 50 gal tank, Carli Suspension with 2.5" kings, 7100 stabilizer, 325/60R20 Duratrac's on 20x9's, AMP Steps, Bushwacker flares, H&S Black Maxx with EGR/DOC/DPF/Urea delete, aFe S2, 3 - 8" SS KC's, LCQ-1 with 2 kW of Hertz Audio HSK components, Smittybilt M1 bumpers, Warn Zeon 12 winch, OEM rad #2, OEM turbo #2
Old 01-18-2012, 04:02 PM
Postmaster

EpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by darren32 View Post
I know it's on here but I can't find it!
Can anyone tell me how to get the build date from the VIN?

Thanks
Replace the VIN on this link and look at the window sticker. The build date is bottom-center. Mine is 5/21/10

http://services.forddirect.fordvehic...8W3BT8BEA46725
2" leveling kit/Rancho 9000XL shocks & dual stabilizer/B&W Hitch/Firestone Ride Rite Airbags/Air Lift Wireless On-board compressor/Viar on-board compressor & train horn/Titan 50 gallon tank/Line-X Bedliner/Door Seal Mod
Old 01-18-2012, 04:09 PM
Postmaster

darren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputationdarren32 has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicCowlick View Post
Replace the VIN on this link and look at the window sticker. The build date is bottom-center. Mine is 5/21/10

http://services.forddirect.fordvehic...8W3BT8BEA46725

Thanks Epic!

Great mine is in the "defective radiator dates" at 3/26/10.
Did have a leaky water pump (replaced under warranty) but no radiator leaks yet.
2011 F350 4x4 Crew Cab 6.7l White Job1: Access Cover, Ford Bed Mat, B&W with Companion, Transfer Flow 50 gal tank, Carli Suspension with 2.5" kings, 7100 stabilizer, 325/60R20 Duratrac's on 20x9's, AMP Steps, Bushwacker flares, H&S Black Maxx with EGR/DOC/DPF/Urea delete, aFe S2, 3 - 8" SS KC's, LCQ-1 with 2 kW of Hertz Audio HSK components, Smittybilt M1 bumpers, Warn Zeon 12 winch, OEM rad #2, OEM turbo #2
Old 01-18-2012, 06:35 PM
Senior User

Glockin' Bob is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruschejj View Post
We're still using the same Weber grill we got in '86, nothing better for fixing steaks and burgers.

On the radiators, I really feel that Ford should step up and have a replacement campaign on the radiators in question.
Old 01-18-2012, 06:41 PM
Postmaster

kper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant futurekper05 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by darren32 View Post
Thanks Epic!

Great mine is in the "defective radiator dates" at 3/26/10.
Did have a leaky water pump (replaced under warranty) but no radiator leaks yet.
EDIT...never mind! I found the post with the date range.

Last edited by kper05; 01-18-2012 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Couldn't find date range on page one but looked again and found it...
Old 02-28-2012, 02:11 PM
New User

OPTITRADER66 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I had been smelling antifreeze for a few weeks, always after driving the truck and then parking it there would be bad antifreeze smell ,no wet spots that I could find .
I took it to the dealership and they said it had a radiator leak and would have to replace the radiator. 28,000 miles. I've not had any luck on this truck it has been at dealer so many times it's depressing . New tires[worn out at 7,000 miles due to rear end], new rear end, new shocks,death wobble ,frontend alignment, 5 times for transmission issues,cracked exhaust pipe on the turbo, oil dipstick stuck in tube. the shocks and death wobble I finaly fixed out of pocket myself. Well at least ford gave me the extended 7 year 200,000 mile warranty, Looks like I might need it.
And one last thing that realy ticks me off is for service manager to say [you know these are all new and there is going to be bugs that have to be worked out .] BUT I DID NOT GET ANY DISCOUNT OFF OF TRUCK FOR IT BEING A TEST VEHICLE .FORD ADVERTISES IT AS THE MOST TESTED SUPER DUTY TRUCK EVER WITH OVER A MILLION MILES ACCUMALITIVE TESTING ..WHAT DID THEY TEST??????
SORRY I HAD TO VENT
2011F-350 sb cc 6.7diesel bought 6-5-10
Old 02-28-2012, 02:33 PM
Postmaster

ruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud of
Joel Rusche Joel Rusche Joel Rusche
We all need to vent from time to time. Luckily this radiator deal has not been as bad as the 2008 models.
2015 F350 CC KR SRW LB 4x4, 3.55ELD, ordered 9/4/14, home 10/24/14. Factory 5th wheel set up, VIAIR #10009 kit, train horns, ride-rite air bags, CB, Strobe lights, BedRug, BakFlipG2, TransferFlow in-bed 50gal tank, 2 Kicker 10" subs, Polk 1" tweeters, tinted front windows, Tuxedo Black Monotone option
Old 07-05-2012, 03:47 PM
New User

Ielevate is starting off with a positive reputation.
Leaking radiator on 6.7L after 45,000 miles in 8 months????

So a little puddle showed up on the driveway when I got home from the July 4th parade the truck was in and this morning at the dealership, the mechanic says it is cracked exactly where the 6.4L cracked (tsb 11-6-6) I spoke to Ford and currently there is no tsb for the 6.7L. I have told the service writer to order the new one for replacement. Any suggestions? Any idea how many of these issues are out there? I love my truck but it is crazy to think of 45,000 highway miles unloaded cracked the radiator
Old 07-05-2012, 03:54 PM
Senior User

my_crib_too has a good reputation on FTE.my_crib_too has a good reputation on FTE.
Welcome to FTE...
Old 07-05-2012, 09:12 PM
Post Fiend

cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.cheezit has a spectacular reputation.
I have replaced 2 failed units from 1/1/11 till now. not a big issue.
mods arp,egr delete, tuned, 91 gallon RDS fuel tank.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:15 PM
Postmaster

m-chan68 has a brilliant futurem-chan68 has a brilliant futurem-chan68 has a brilliant futurem-chan68 has a brilliant futurem-chan68 has a brilliant futurem-chan68 has a brilliant futurem-chan68 has a brilliant futurem-chan68 has a brilliant futurem-chan68 has a brilliant futurem-chan68 has a brilliant futurem-chan68 has a brilliant future
I have replaced three 6.7L radiators so far. And I see probably far fewer trucks in my shop than Moe. And for those of you wondering, Ford has released a Customer Satisfaction Program. The program number is 12B35.
....but STILL loves hot women with big boobies
....and STILL hates working on E-Series with 6.0L
Old 07-07-2012, 09:56 AM
Junior User

railrode1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
My guess is because they are mounted/supported by the sides (like holding you up by your ears), which is also the reservoirs. Everything else is supported by the main radiator. No bottom support what so ever. Bad design in my opinion.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:56 AM