1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

history channel, American Restoration truck

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 09:36 PM
HEAVY100
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've tried googling information about this truck and nothing.

Old 11-16-2011, 10:23 PM
Tyler S
Elder User

Coincidentally, I just saw Rick's truck up close and personal day before yesterday. I was in Vegas for business and finished early in the afternoon. I drove out to Rick's Restorations (now located about a mile north of the strip, real near the stratosphere). His truck and his son's (or employee's?) red 60's OT restored truck were parked right out front. I was peering inside and took a few pics. It is really nice, but it was restored quite some time ago I believe and is starting to show some age. But it is still WAYYYYY cooler than mine Unfortunately he put a Ch%#y steering wheel in it that says CH#$&*@!T right on it. Rick was walking out just as I was leaving and I asked him a couple questions about it...how long it took to restore, etc. Nothing too enlightening. He was very nice and personable. And he has a nice frickin' truck too. Same year and model as mine I believe, '51 F-1. It was fun. You can watch a few episodes online at historychannel.com

Peace,
t

Old 11-16-2011, 10:28 PM
Tyler S
Elder User

Coincidentally, I just saw Rick's truck up close and personal day before yesterday. I was in Vegas for business and finished early in the afternoon. I drove out to Rick's Restorations (now located about a mile north of the strip, real near the stratosphere). His truck and his son's (or employee's?) red 60's OT restored truck were parked right out front. I was peering inside and took a few pics. It is really nice, but it was restored quite some time ago I believe and is starting to show some age. But it is still WAYYYYY cooler than mine Unfortunately he put a Ch%#y steering wheel in it that says CH#$&*@!T right on it. Rick was walking out just as I was leaving and I asked him a couple questions about it...how long it took to restore, etc. Nothing too enlightening. He was very nice and personable. And he has a nice frickin' truck too. Same year and model as mine I believe, '51 F-1. It was fun. You can watch a few episodes online at historychannel.com

Peace,
t

Attached Images    
Old 11-16-2011, 11:06 PM
HEAVY100
Senior User
Very cool , thanks for Posting pics. I never seen Upclose pics.

Old 11-16-2011, 11:16 PM
51PanelMan
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Looks like a steering column out of a Chevy Astro van. I like how he blacked out the truck, including the hood trim and door handles. He has a Sacramento Vintage Ford sticker on the w/s.

The red/white Chevy supposed to belong to the kid that does the sandblasting at his shop. They showed the restoration process on last Friday's episode.

Nice to know that Rick is still personable. A lot of time guys become *********s after they get a taste of fame. I hear that the guys from the pawn shop are like that.

Old 11-17-2011, 07:17 AM
coopdagook
Senior User
I like how he keep the original gauges. He must be using something to step down the voltage right? And I agree about the steering wheel, really out of place....

Old 11-17-2011, 09:32 AM
wallster
Elder User
Tyler, cool pics and info. That truck is sweet, I've actually paused the show to get a longer look at that '51. I like how it sits, the stance is nice and I wonder what type of supsension he has on it. I've wanted to ditch my bumpers and go with that hot-rod look but a small bump in a parking lot turns in to a big deal without them.
Thanks for posting them.

Wally
1951 F1 - "Lucille"

Old 12-23-2011, 09:50 PM
Ron Lago
New User
Originally Posted by teardropty
I have watched this show since the beginning. That F1 is beautiful. I was told by a source that the truck was actually restored by Danny at Kounts Kustoms in Las Vegas. He is also featured on the show at times and on Pawn Stars. I don't know how true that is but I think both shops do a nice job.

The thing I try to keep in mind with this show and others like it, is that it brings out a whole new aspect to television, both good and bad. Growing up we watched shows about Cowboys, Cops and Doctors. Very few shows focused on the "real" work being done in this great country. I know many guys (and a few gals) that have gotten up off their seats and started a resto project because they saw one done on these shows. That can't be all bad. Sure, they take "artistic" license at times and they often piece different things together to make the scene but I think they try to make it entertaining. Don't even get me started on the time lapse thing - tv can make it look like a project took only days to do when in reality a project may span weeks or even months. I love when they say "yeah, we sent it out for chrome or powder coat". They make it sound like the powder coater was just waiting for them with nothing else to do.

I still love the old Overhaulin' episodes with Chip Foose. They often fail to mention how many people and how much money really goes into the project. How many of us had to wait on UPS or our own budgets so we could finish up a project? When was the last time Ford Racing showed up with a free crate motor for your project? It looks great for the show though. My girlfriend still wants to know why it takes me months to restore a truck but they can do it on the tv in 7 days or less? lol I enjoy it for what it is, entertainment...
This truck was originally painted by Dennis Nash and upholstered by Ron Lago in Sacramento long ago.
Ron Lago is now in Eugene Oregon teaching auto interiors. See Jim at V34 Interiors in Eugene...541-521-1822
A shout out to Dennis Nash, Louie Martin, Baggy, Al Lindstrom, Gene Winfield and Blackie G.

Old 12-24-2011, 06:44 AM
BigPigDaddy
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Ron Lago
This truck was originally painted by Dennis Nash and upholstered by Ron Lago in Sacramento long ago.
Ron Lago is now in Eugene Oregon teaching auto interiors.
A shout out to Dennis Nash, Louie Martin, Baggy, Al Lindstrom, Gene Winfield and Blackie G.
Well if you ever meet that Ron Lago fella, tell him he does great work!