Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > New England Region > Connecticut Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Connecticut Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: StreamlineGT

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-13-2011, 06:42 AM
Postmaster

2006powerstroke90 has a very good reputation on FTE.2006powerstroke90 has a very good reputation on FTE.2006powerstroke90 has a very good reputation on FTE.2006powerstroke90 has a very good reputation on FTE.
ATV's

Hey, I am looking for a place to ride ATV's

Not looking to destroy someones property, I do not have a loud ATV with some kind of aftermarket exhaust.

It would be just me and my father, 2 very quiet, stock machines.

We just lost our spot due to....well you can probably guess, building development.

I know places to go are getting RARE, I am not looking for any really illegal property where we would have to worry about getting bothered by the police.

If you or someone you know might have something somewhere, maybe we can work something out, with liability wavers and sure wouldn't mind paying.

Thanks!

2014 Chevy Silverado 1500 DBL Cab
Old 11-13-2011, 03:04 PM
Elder User

Canned Ham 450 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Canned Ham 450 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
There really arent any places in CT to ride quads anymore. well atleast legal places. If they are sport ATV's you have then there are a few places that have an open practice every once and a while in CT. Rocky Hill (ctrivermotocross) has a track and they allow quads to ride there on most mondays, and every once and while Central Village has an open practice for quads.

There are no legal trails that i know of, and unfortunately i dont know anyone with land that they are willing to have people ride on.

I ride at a place in north haven, but its a really rough track thats all sand and the cops dont like us in there, considering one of the cops even took a dodge charger up in there and tried to chase us. Plus, if they do catch you and get you to stop, they impound your quad or dirtbike for a VERY long time..

Unfortunately the only places you can rally ride quads now is out of state. Thats why alot of the CT guys i race with are switching to dirtbikes..simply because there is an abundance of places to ride in the state.
Old 11-13-2011, 04:17 PM
Non-smoker

7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canned Ham 450 View Post
I ride at a place in north haven, but its a really rough track thats all sand and the cops dont like us in there, considering one of the cops even took a dodge charger up in there and tried to chase us. Plus, if they do catch you and get you to stop, they impound your quad or dirtbike for a VERY long time..
They really took a car up there? That's pretty ballsy.
-Pete, PAA member #84
Old 11-13-2011, 05:15 PM
Post Fiend

Zookie400 is a splendid one to beholdZookie400 is a splendid one to beholdZookie400 is a splendid one to beholdZookie400 is a splendid one to beholdZookie400 is a splendid one to beholdZookie400 is a splendid one to beholdZookie400 is a splendid one to behold
like my brother said, legal trails in CT do not exist. you can pay to ride if you have a race machine on an MX track but thats it.

what kind of machines are you running?

MY YOUTUBE VIDEOS
Old 11-13-2011, 05:22 PM
Elder User

Canned Ham 450 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Canned Ham 450 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.3 Rocket View Post
They really took a car up there? That's pretty ballsy.
yeah, i found it amusing. im surprised he didnt get stuck..
Old 11-13-2011, 07:05 PM
Non-smoker

7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future
Quote:
yeah, i found it amusing. im surprised he didnt get stuck..
Yeah I'd be surprised if he didn't damage something on his car doing that.
-Pete, PAA member #84
Old 11-13-2011, 07:38 PM
Elder User

trackspeeder is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookie400 View Post
like my brother said, legal trails in CT do not exist.

This is why the smelly cat has been to West Virgina and Maine. The only riding in CT is my yard.

01 F250 SD 4x4, XLT,7.3 Diesel with stuff done to it.
90 F350 4X4 XLT, CumminGs Diesel, Aint stock E4OD
85 F250 4x2 Xl, 6.9 Diesel, waitng for help
Old 11-13-2011, 09:20 PM
Post Fiend

Zookie400 is a splendid one to beholdZookie400 is a splendid one to beholdZookie400 is a splendid one to beholdZookie400 is a splendid one to beholdZookie400 is a splendid one to beholdZookie400 is a splendid one to beholdZookie400 is a splendid one to behold
speeder you going to ride the sled trails in VT or NH in the off season?

MY YOUTUBE VIDEOS
Old 11-14-2011, 05:11 PM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookie400 View Post
speeder you going to ride the sled trails in VT or NH in the off season?
We are planning on Cow Hampshire next year. We want something close for a quick ride. Undecided on Vermont. West Virginia is in the plan again. This place is great. Worth the trip. Gone three years and still havn't ridden all the trails.

Old 11-15-2011, 03:46 PM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackspeeder View Post
We are planning on Cow Hampshire next year. We want something close for a quick ride. Undecided on Vermont. West Virginia is in the plan again. This place is great. Worth the trip. Gone three years and still havn't ridden all the trails.

Does the place in west virginia have any motocross tracks???
Old 11-15-2011, 04:22 PM
Elder User

Quote:
Does the place in west virginia have any motocross tracks???
They don't have any tracks, but they do have dedicated trails.

Hatfield and McCoy Trails - The world's best ATV, side x side, and dirtbike trail riding destination! Your adventure begins with over 500 miles of trails for all skill levels! Come find out why trail riders eveywhere call Hatfield-McCoy.....Trails He

Old 11-15-2011, 06:28 PM
Elder User

I want to go to durhamtown plantation in georgia this winter/spring. they have something like 3 motocross tracks and a few hundred miles of trails
Old 11-15-2011, 06:45 PM
Post Fiend

i want to finish my quad rebuild.

MY YOUTUBE VIDEOS
Old 11-20-2011, 06:20 PM
Post Fiend

acf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputation
miles.degrandi
i want a quad
coming soon: BPD water pump, Dieselsite HPOP, running for more than a week

Old 11-20-2011, 06:20 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > New England Region > Connecticut Chapter

Tags
2009, atv, branford, north, psd, riding, trails