Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > 2011 & Newer Explorer
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2011 & Newer Explorer Discuss the all new redesigned Ford Explorer

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-11-2011, 10:21 PM
Junior User

nkenney is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.nkenney is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
2012 waiting list

Well today I was at the dealership and asked them how long it would take for my explorer to be built if i ordered today. They said at least 4 months because I want Navi. And then 4 to 6 weeks after that. I want it before summer because I have a road trip planned. Does this sound right to you guys.
Old 11-12-2011, 03:28 AM
Super Moderator

powerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputationpowerstroke72 has a superb reputation
I haven't heard anything about delays caused by Navigation system availability. This is a new forum here on FTE so I've been working on recruiting some of our site gurus that have more information than I on these vehicles and availability. I'll see what I can find out for you.
2011 F-350 4x4 Lariat Ultimate, Oxford White / Pale Adobe 6.7L PSD 3.55 ELD / Gone but not forgotten.
Moderators, Guidelines, and How They are Enforced / FTE Forum Guidelines

RIP Steve (Bricks) Price........Godspeed my good friend. RIP Paul / Hdslider.....you are truly missed.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:08 AM
Postmaster

PowerStrokeHD is a splendid one to beholdPowerStrokeHD is a splendid one to beholdPowerStrokeHD is a splendid one to beholdPowerStrokeHD is a splendid one to beholdPowerStrokeHD is a splendid one to beholdPowerStrokeHD is a splendid one to behold
At least 4 months and then another 4-6 weeks for a MY12 just because of navigation? I do not buy it... The hold on navigation was lifted back in mid-September with normal scheduling and production resuming at the beginning of October. Now the wait times may be a little longer compared to other vehicles, but that is simply due to demand.

The other thing is they will not even be building MY12's in 4 months and you could have a MY13 with navigation before your summer road trip. The MY13 order bank is scheduled to open this coming Monday, 11/14/11, and production is scheduled to begin on 02/06/12.
Old 11-12-2011, 11:04 AM
Junior User

nkenney is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.nkenney is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerStrokeHD View Post
At least 4 months and then another 4-6 weeks for a MY12 just because of navigation? I do not buy it... The hold on navigation was lifted back in mid-September with normal scheduling and production resuming at the beginning of October. Now the wait times may be a little longer compared to other vehicles, but that is simply due to demand.

The other thing is they will not even be building MY12's in 4 months and you could have a MY13 with navigation before your summer road trip. The MY13 order bank is scheduled to open this coming Monday, 11/14/11, and production is scheduled to begin on 02/06/12.

Thanks I will defiantly wait then for that system to be released. Then I will order it about 8 weeks before i need it in case.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:36 PM
New User

jbielec is starting off with a positive reputation.
If it helps any, I work at Chicago Assembly Plant that builds them. They r working us to the bone with now let up. We r building them as fast as we can and still build them good. I assure u any vehicle that leaves it at its best. We the workers don't let anything go by if its not tip top. I have driven all makes of vehicles we make at the plant and they r very nice to drive. I am surprised on all levels about them.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:56 PM
Senior User

Bobmurp1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbielec View Post
If it helps any, I work at Chicago Assembly Plant that builds them. They r working us to the bone with now let up. We r building them as fast as we can and still build them good. I assure u any vehicle that leaves it at its best. We the workers don't let anything go by if its not tip top. I have driven all makes of vehicles we make at the plant and they r very nice to drive. I am surprised on all levels about them.
I just bought one today and have to say they are very nice and I thank you for keeping the quality up! My 16 year old girl will be getting it for Xmas and I feel it's a very safe suv to be in.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:56 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > 2011 & Newer Explorer

Tags
2012, explorer, f150, ford, list, long, truck, wait